Garth Crooks

cosanostra

A mate of mine works with Adrian Chiles on that today show or whetever it's called. Says he's an extremely nice guy. Have to say, I think he comes accross as an ok bloke as well.

The Allan Preston of BBC England punditry

More like Alan Partridge.

(Not the KB Alan Partridge, he is not like Garth Crooks at all)

A mate of mine works with Adrian Chiles on that today show or whetever it's called. Says he's an extremely nice guy. Have to say, I think he comes accross as an ok bloke as well.

Cannot believe that you have never mentioned that. Any chance you could get him to slip me Christine Bleakley's telephone number?

Obviously Mrs Musemic cannot know that. ;)

As for Crooks, I actually don't think he is that bad. He is a bizarre cookie, but I don't dislike him as much as others on this thread.

Cannot believe that you have never mentioned that. Any chance you could get him to slip me Christine Bleakley's telephone number?

Obviously Mrs Musemic cannot know that. ;)

As for Crooks, I actually don't think he is that bad. He is a bizarre cookie, but I don't dislike him as much as others on this thread.

I wouldn't say I disliked Crooks, I find him strangely entertaining in a Chris Eubank / village idiot sort of way.

His comments on the game are insane though. Strange little guy.

I wouldn't say I disliked Crooks, I find him strangely entertaining in a Chris Eubank / village idiot sort of way.

Yadda, yadda, yadda. So, the number...?

Yadda, yadda, yadda. So, the number...?

(ok that's Garth Crooks mob no but he says he is defitintely interested.) :)

(ok that's Garth Crooks mob no but he says he is defitintely interested.) :)

Gutted :(

Ach well, I am sure Crooksy will have the banter :)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
More like Alan Partridge.

(Not the KB Alan Partridge, he is not like Garth Crooks at all)

:)

Whatever, I'm sure he belongs in the shed.

No way.

He's a BBC football pundit.

As much right to discuss him on the terrace as Chick Young, Alan Hansen, Andly Walker etc

Crooks was mentioned on Off the Ball recently - dunno the occasion, possibly the last World Cup, but anyway Tam Cowan and Stewart Cosgrove were in some media place basically packed full of top ex-pros, and Garth Crooks too. People like Pele, Beckenbauer etc. were more than happy to say a few words on air for their show but the only one who was up himself and made a fuss was Crooks.

The People's Chimp

Ha ha, i'm the same, I find him pretty funny.

Certainly no simpleton, he'd out-debate most people on this forum (certainly most on this thread anyway). He used to host politics and current affairs shows late at night on the bbc. Knows his stuff.

Definitely not a simpleton - only the most earnest man in the known universe. England went into their final group game at the 2002 World Cup knowing a draw with Nigeria would see them through to the last 16. A calm, controlled 0-0 followed... and Crooks' first words to Sven after the game? "I can confirm you've qualified". Sheesh.

Johanes de Silentio

Garth Crooks - decent striker for Spurs if I mind right? As a pundit he's a well-meaning, but pretentious fud!

His country & western records are ****-poor as well!

south morocco
Garth Crooks - decent striker for Spurs if I mind right? As a pundit he's a well-meaning, but pretentious fud!

His country & western records are ****-poor as well!

his records are ace pal ,you've nae taste then, he's a funny wee bloke as a pundit though

Did he play with Charlton as well, mid 80's?

:o

I'd guess he played with a few in the 80's.

Certain Stoke on Trent if you ask me.

I'm surprised Le Saux never mentioned me in his book.

:sad:

Doctor FinnBarr
I'd guess he played with a few in the 80's.Certain Stoke on Trent if you ask me.I'm surprised Le Saux never mentioned me in his book.:sad:

Eh?

:(

He is a better BBC pundit/commentator than that daft bird thats on Match of the Day sometimes.

And Wee Chick

Obviously.

Doctor FinnBarr
He is a better BBC pundit/commentator than that daft bird thats on Match of the Day sometimes.

And Wee Chick

Obviously.

Yep, obviously!

:)

Archived