19s at Riccarton 11am V Aberdeen

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Was at the game played in excellent autumn conditions with the sun setting

in the south west with a light chill in the air

Well the young Jambos really had a good 75% of play and created 6 clear chances although they seem to have the same problems in front of goal as the senior team .

The Lambs had 2 shots at goal and scored with their second .

Main players that impressed were the right sided winger Wagner , Rayan Wallace when he came on , Husband when he came on and the left back played well however i don't know his name .

Although the Hearts started brightly they lost the goal after 35minutes then straight from kick of the Hearts striker missed a clear one on one after beating 2 centre backs and put the ball past the keepers left hand post from 15 yards .

The referee was very SFA template

Aberdeen seemed to be well organised by their former player Cooper that also played for the Hobos and St Midden

The Hearts players seemed well organised also and on another day would have scored 3 or 4

The left-sided midfielder Ross McKenzie was always moaning to the referee , missed a sitter in the last minute when it seemed easier to score then blamed Ryan Wallace , as he went on a rant

I am pleased when they win but care little when they lose.

The long term goal of the under 19's is to get them ready for first team football, if they learned in todays defeat (even if it is that certain players are not good enough) that is fine.

The point is, IIRC we had a good youth team the generation below the Sandy Clark bunch, that had players like Robbie Horn, Bobby Clyde, Darren Goldie etc, etc, etc. I know that Goldie hurt his napper, but we didn't see those players make the grade as they hoped they would.

:waiting:

E-mailed report before my post mate, not my fault - for a change!

Was on my 4th pint by the time you sent that post :)

Archived