The Man is Stubborn and Killing the Club....

Charlie-Brown

Not sure I agree with alot of that...maybe hes trying to be more sensible financially?

Not the worst keeper in the prem by a long shot...its true what he says they lack experience and therefore shicht like the tottenham game will happen for a while.

Work in progress? I think so...

portobellojambo1

From reading that I get the impression the person writing it is either around 6 years old or as thick as s h it in the neck of a bottle.

A very very poorly written blog, and i won't say i agree with it.

BUT i will say i don't actually rate Wenger*. Arsenal are a vastly overrated football team. Football is about winning. If you can do it prettily, then fine, but if not, have a second option. The failure to have one, for me, is a failure of management.

They are also the biggest bunch of greeting faced, cheating bassas in - i want to say the world, but we have the OF - England. I can almost accept bad losers, although dignity is a wonderful thing, but they can't even win graciously

*I'd take him at Hearts, mind. I'm talking winning prem leagues, champs league

Dr Ian Malcolm

Thats the thing with Arsenal over the last few years - they always seem to be a young team. They hit around 24/25 and they're sold, leave 'cause someone even younger has taken their place.

For all the technical ability they have, they're miles behind United, Chelsea, and arguably Liverpool when it comes to mental strength. When its not quite going their way and the team's up against it, United have guys like Ferdinand, Scholes, Neville, Ronaldo and Rooney who dig deep and produce the goods. Chelsea have Lampard, Terry, Ballack, Drogba, and Liverpool in Gerrard, Carragher, Torres and this season, Kauyt.

Arsenal - Fabregas? Fantastic player when Arsenal are on form - tends to get a bit petty and sulky when their not. Gallas? See his reaction at Birmingham last season. Would you see Tony Adams doing that?

this_is_my_story
Thats the thing with Arsenal over the last few years - they always seem to be a young team. They hit around 24/25 and they're sold, leave 'cause someone even younger has taken their place.

For all the technical ability they have, they're miles behind United, Chelsea, and arguably Liverpool when it comes to mental strength. When its not quite going their way and the team's up against it, United have guys like Ferdinand, Scholes, Neville, Ronaldo and Rooney who dig deep and produce the goods. Chelsea have Lampard, Terry, Ballack, Drogba, and Liverpool in Gerrard, Carragher, Torres and this season, Kauyt.

Arsenal - Fabregas? Fantastic player when Arsenal are on form - tends to get a bit petty and sulky when their not. Gallas? See his reaction at Birmingham last season. Would you see Tony Adams doing that?

Some pretty good points there Pilch, hard to argue with.

Having said that, Wenger has produced teams over the years which have, in my opinion, played the most attractive football I've watched in the Premiership, not to mention a side which won the title and remained unbeaten, a feat which surely won't be witnessed again.

Check this:-

-----

=‘The Professor’ demonstrated by his inactivity in the past two transfer windows that he believes he can win trophies without a single holding defensive midfield player. Last night was not a surprise freak result. In the recent 5-2 win at Fenerbahce he completely ignored his team’s pathetic defending. The score could have been 8-8, Guiza alone could have scored 5. Arsenal now look like Ardiles’ Spurs or Keegan’s Newcastle. It’s ‘we’re gonna score more goals than you’ football. Fun in a park on a beach or at the circus but fruitless in the finest league in the world. For all their entertainment value, neither Ossie nor King Kev won the top League, nor will Wenger’s clever, ball juggling performing seals. As the saying goes – if you want entertainment go to a circus. What odds Billy Smart being the next Arsenal manger when Wenger falls from the high wire? Baz / Dizzy - not sure what basis of defence your mounting, is it based on 4 years ago - how long should we wait? another 4 years? We have no god given right to win titles but with the foundation we built it seems all the foundation is now being eroded… last night was an absolute farce…

----

Always thought things were rosey at Arsenal. One of the big 4, champions league final, competing for the league every year , play football of almost Hibernian levels of flair etc

Those Arsenal fans should try following Hearts for a season. I doubt they'd last 2 games.

Ernie Eskilsson

I think it's a bit harsh but I do agree that Wenger is too stubborn to face some facts - Arsenal need a CB a defensive midfielder and a striker - they're a beautiful team to watch but they're not hard enough to win the league and they waste far too many chances. I like Wenger but I find his stubborness in this very frustrating.

MacDonald Jardine
If that team stays together they will IMO be a very successful team.

As someone else says they won't.

While there's an element of richer clubs picking off their players I think there's more to it.

Wenger is often praised as being a manager who wasn't a player. My impression is that he is comfortable with young players but not with established players and particularly star players.

It means he's never going to manage a massive club that wins things regularly, at least the way things are just now.

Guest JamboRobbo

I think those criticising Wenger should come back when they or their team have won the league whilst playing attractive football AND going through the whole season unbeaten.

I think those criticising Wenger should come back when they or their team have won the league whilst playing attractive football AND going through the whole season unbeaten.

Whilst a very valid point, that is not the here and now, which is what Arsenal fans that criticise, seem to be getting at. Many are tired of hearing "we are rebuilding", when they need to get a couple of experienced pros, in certain positions, on board. Its all very well going undefeated 5-6 years ago, but when you're winning heehaw now, thats what sticks in fans minds.

I dare say, the undefeated season has given him extra time with many, the board included. But how long can they go playing attractive football, "bringing" through youngsters and then selling/losing them without winning anything?

What does that mean?

Archived