lets have your short term and long term plan

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

Lets imagine you got your dream and vlad left the club tomorrow and handed you control of the club, you have a reasonable amount of money, not huge but enough to keep the club running, and you can get some money from investors, what would be your plan for the short run and long run?

For Me:

Short Run:

- Keep Csaba, Burger, Tam Ritchie, and the two murrys

- Sack Anatoly and allow the manager to have full control and effectivly have a Arsene Wenger type role (overseeing all football parts.)

- Work with Csaba to create a coherent plan for Hearts in all sections of the football side.

- Put on the website my aims for hearts and plan for what is to happen (including a set of goals to measure my achievement for 5 years (they would be realistic.)

- Get some staff to go around some of the best youth academys in the world to see if Hearts can use anything they do.

- Get rid of players who are deemed not to have earned their wage if it is greater than 6k a week.

- improve medical department so that injuries can be reduced.

- Have a fans representive on the board.

Long run;

- expand the stadium. Especially the corparte boxes (but not at the expense of fans) as these are a big revenue stream that hearts can utilise enough. This would be used with investors money and possibly naming rights for stadium or stand.

- Launch Hearts Ladies team (helps increase hearts female fan base, something that can bring in more money.)

- Expand the facilities at Riccarton.

- Scouting department and improved youth coaches are brought to find best youngsters and older players for Csaba to have full knowledge of.

- Create a coaching course at heriot-watt which can bring through well taught coaches from which hearts can get the pick of the bunch.

- Consider seeing if it is possible to create a partnership with some clubs in US or Australia or other countries which could help revenue and give the chance to gain talented youngsters.

Guest jambomickey
Lets imagine you got your dream and vlad left the club tomorrow and handed you control of the club, you have a reasonable amount of money, not huge but enough to keep the club running, and you can get some money from investors, what would be your plan for the short run and long run?

For Me:

Short Run:

- Sack Anatoly and allow the manager to have full control and effectivly have a Arsene Wenger type role (overseeing all football parts.)

- Work with Csaba to create a coherent plan for Hearts in all sections of the football side.

- Put on the website my aims for hearts and plan for what is to happen (including a set of goals to measure my achievement for 5 years (they would be realistic.)

- Get some staff to go around some of the best youth academys in the world to see if Hearts can use anything they do.

- Get rid of players who are deemed not to have earned their wage if it is greater than 6k a week.

Long run;

- expand the stadium. Especially the corparte boxes (but not at the expense of fans) as these are a big revenue stream that hearts can utilise enough. This would be used with investors money and possibly naming rights for stadium or stand.

- Launch Hearts Ladies team (helps increase hearts female fan base, something that can bring in more money.)

- Scouting department and improved youth coaches are brought to find best youngsters and older players for Csaba to have full knowledge of.

- Create a coaching course at heriot-watt which can bring through well taught coaches from which hearts can get the pick of the bunch.

- Consider seeing if it is possible to create a partnership with some clubs in US or Australia or other countries which could help revenue and give the chance to gain talented youngsters.

lots of good ideas there mate!

For Me:

Short Run:

Long run;

How can someone in Glasgow be so clever,with such limited education in those parts;)

jamboinglasgow
How can someone in Glasgow be so clever,with such limited education in those parts;)

I cheated, most of my education was in Edinburgh:p

jamboinglasgow
Change your name to CHEETINBASSAJAMBOINWEEGHOLE:p

it takes too long to type as it means that my back is turned for too long. ;)

Anyway, would be interested to hear what others would add or have for short term and long term for hearts as meant this thread for others views (as much as I like getting praised:p)

jamboinglasgow
So we're all agreed that Vlad has to go for things to improve, then?

not if he does everything on my list he doesn't

I'd do all of what you mentioned, but I'd create a "budget" new stand. None of this hotel/gym nonsense, until we have the money.

I'd look to get a sponsor to name the new stand (bring in some extra cash).

I'd also look to take ukio bankas off our shirts, and get a new sponsor - bring back the strongbow days ;)

jamboinglasgow
Think of us as modern day missionaries.

Smashing OP JIG.

I'd also make Greggs in charge of matchday catering, build a bar under the Wheatfield and make N and G official 'singing sections'. And I wouldn't necessarily put a fan on the board, but a passionate ex-player (Ford, Mackay, Robertson or someone of that ilk).

Cheers Borths, I would agree with what you say, Greggs need to do offical matchday food (I would start eating matchday food if that was the case.) My new stadium would have bars built into it and singing sections are a must, done in the style of Turkish or Greek clubs with chants and a person taking leading the chants.

For Me:

Short Run:

Long run;

When you're not defending Romanov to the hilt you actually speak a good bit of sense ;)

Well not all vladsheep are stupid:p

Fair play

And I dont want to turn this thread away from the topic

So given what you would do, and given that it seems to being met with almost universal approval -

How do you feel, deep down, about the fact that very little of the model you set out is being, or has been, followed for the past 3 years?

Toxteth O'Grady

Short term - Celebrate by getting bevvied on the finest Champagne

Long Term - Get rid of all existing coaches and players and start from scratch

He Who Cannot Be Named

For Me:

Short Run:

Long run;

Wouldnt you have to buy Riccarton before expanding it?

jamboinglasgow
Fair play

And I dont want to turn this thread away from the topic

So given what you would do, and given that it seems to being met with almost universal approval -

How do you feel, deep down, about the fact that very little of the model you set out is being, or has been, followed for the past 3 years?

well, to me there is some being achieved, the football academy is ticking over and is really good and as much as some may hate to say, has been turned into the best youth academy in Scotland certainly up to 19s (though I think we are just starting seeing the actual products of that investment coming through) though the ranks. but i think we cant rest on our laurels, it can be constantly be improved. Csaba to me has had experence of some excellent set ups and will bring in some more improvement and hopefully (over the next season or two) have the link between reserves and first team made "youth friendly."

As for other things, well of course I have not been happy how the previous two seasons have gone. We had a system that just didn't work yet it was carried on. I think we are only now back onto the way we should be. There has been players treated badly, I think if Vlad had treated Pressely better, maybe had a quiet word saying I am not happy you have gone so public rather than the suspending than we would have a great coach in our ranks and possibly a great help for Csaba. Vlad has done things I am not happy with and if someone came in with the money to take over from Hearts and had a good attitude towards taking hearts forward I would jump for him (if I think they are serious and not something fishy.) But i cant see this happening at the moment and I think that Vlad has some good ideas and some terrible ideas.

jamboinglasgow
Wouldnt you have to buy Riccarton before expanding it?

well I have seen on google maps that there are two large fields behind the woods. I would buy these off the farmers and come to a deal with the uni where Hearts FC would own the fields and turn them into new pitches (buying even half the fields would double the pitch space at Riccarton.) I would build a new artifical pitch and either expand the academy building out to the grass next to it or build a second facility in the new land. The deal with Heriot-watt would allow them to use the pitches for free and Hearts pay for the expanded or new facilites, and in return to allowing Heriot watt to use them get a reductuion in the rent.

But i cant see this happening at the moment and I think that Vlad has some good ideas and some terrible ideas.

But this is the problem - the good ideas are completely undermined, prejudiced and largely ruined by the terrible.

A good youth set up is ruined by Romanov's scatty approach to managers

Magnificent 7 is ruined by serving up pish football

etc

Its an interesting thread though because it almost comes full circle to when there first started to be a debate about the merits of Romanov - after the Burley / Anderton / Riccarton 3 fiascos

It came down to discussing his methodology and what was required to run a football club properly in Scotland.

Your outline is a pretty damn good model and one that would surely improve our results on the pitch, our crowds etc - yet it is not being implemented, and therefore we are trying to be a football club with our hands tied behind our back, or our football boots laced to each other.

That is the frustrating thing. What you suggest would not be difficult to implement. Vlad could even do it - if he wanted to. Its the fact that he doesnt that is the ultimate problem with our ultimate owner

I'd do all of what you mentioned, but I'd create a "budget" new stand. None of this hotel/gym nonsense, until we have the money.

I'd look to get a sponsor to name the new stand (bring in some extra cash).

I'd also look to take ukio bankas off our shirts, and get a new sponsor - bring back the strongbow days ;)

Phil Anderton was in discussion with Scottish & Newcastle (makers of Strongbow and other beers and ciders) when he was punted - S&N got cold feet about the way things were headed as a result. S&N is now owned by Heineken who of course are more into football than S&N were, but at the premium end ie official CL sponsor. If Hearts achieved CL football I suspect Heineken would be interested in some above the line advertising of an Edinburgh club...

jamboinglasgow
But this is the problem - the good ideas are completely undermined, prejudiced and largely ruined by the terrible.

A good youth set up is ruined by Romanov's scatty approach to managers

Magnificent 7 is ruined by serving up pish football

etc

Its an interesting thread though because it almost comes full circle to when there first started to be a debate about the merits of Romanov - after the Burley / Anderton / Riccarton 3 fiascos

It came down to discussing his methodology and what was required to run a football club properly in Scotland.

Your outline is a pretty damn good model and one that would surely improve our results on the pitch, our crowds etc - yet it is not being implemented, and therefore we are trying to be a football club with our hands tied behind our back, or our football boots laced to each other.

That is the frustrating thing. What you suggest would not be difficult to implement. Vlad could even do it - if he wanted to. Its the fact that he doesnt that is the ultimate problem with our ultimate owner

Something must be wrong with the world as we both seem to agree with each other:p

I do think vlad keeps shooting himself in the foot with alot of his descisions. If he was to bring in such a model as I had suggested then I am sure we would sing his name again. I understand he wants some control, thats why the stand could be his pet project. Also I dont see anything wrong with Csaba speaking to Vlad before every match explaining his choices as long as Vlad doesn't enforce any changes to it. Though I think more than anything, Vlad needed an expert on the running of Scottish football teams when he came in. He got that in Campbell Oglive but I think he has been underused. Think if CO had been utlised as the best advisor for Vlad in terms of hearts, I think alot of problems could of been solved.

I have to say that I am an optimist, not vladsheep. I will criticise vlad and the reigme for things they do wrong but I will always give them a chance to change. I do think there is some signs of change at hearts, some people have gone, systems have changed and players are getting together more. However I dont think everything is rosy in the Tynecastle garden. The stand needs to be built and even I think it might be best to build the stand and leave the Hotel till later.

In an ideal world my list would be implemented and I do think some of it will happen, think Csaba is trying to sort a scouting system, I would not be surprised if next summer Hearts announce a ladies team (dont think Hearts held the euro champs playoff for the sake of just international game at tynie) and something will happen with the new stand but think alot more can be done.

Also consquiently, if any hearts employees are reading this and want someone to bring in new ideas and direction for the club, I am looking for a future career from June, always happy to help;)

Charlie-Brown

Short-Term:

Stabilise club finances - sell or release some players to improve the financial situation & bring costs in line with revenue - clear any outstanding overdue creditor issues.

Long-term:

Make youth development the key producer of players for the first team, it is the cheapest & most affordable source of new players for the club and also the easiest to achieve if the will to do so and hard work is there.

Complement the clubs own players with players from other clubs that are affordable and will offer additional experience or represent a value-investment.

Consider & cost the options and decide where the best place and most economically viable place is for Hearts to play their home games and take the medium to long term steps toward achieving this. (This might be staying at tynecastle or leaving to play elsewhere).

Something must be wrong with the world as we both seem to agree with each other:p

I do think vlad keeps shooting himself in the foot with alot of his descisions. If he was to bring in such a model as I had suggested then I am sure we would sing his name again. I understand he wants some control, thats why the stand could be his pet project. Also I dont see anything wrong with Csaba speaking to Vlad before every match explaining his choices as long as Vlad doesn't enforce any changes to it. Though I think more than anything, Vlad needed an expert on the running of Scottish football teams when he came in. He got that in Campbell Oglive but I think he has been underused. Think if CO had been utlised as the best advisor for Vlad in terms of hearts, I think alot of problems could of been solved.

I have to say that I am an optimist, not vladsheep. I will criticise vlad and the reigme for things they do wrong but I will always give them a chance to change. I do think there is some signs of change at hearts, some people have gone, systems have changed and players are getting together more. However I dont think everything is rosy in the Tynecastle garden. The stand needs to be built and even I think it might be best to build the stand and leave the Hotel till later.

In an ideal world my list would be implemented and I do think some of it will happen, think Csaba is trying to sort a scouting system, I would not be surprised if next summer Hearts announce a ladies team (dont think Hearts held the euro champs playoff for the sake of just international game at tynie) and something will happen with the new stand but think alot more can be done.

Also consquiently, if any hearts employees are reading this and want someone to bring in new ideas and direction for the club, I am looking for a future career from June, always happy to help;)

Look JIG you appear to be a very sensible chap, and i concur with your ideas, I am sure you could be usefully employed, but I dont know about a job for June............(is she any good?)

Short Term same as you with some additions.

-Oversee Tranfers making sure we have players with British Experince, and not too many for the same position.

-Have weekly meeting in person with management team to offload any ideas either way.

Long term same as you but with some additions.

-If we fail to make top 4 teams, part with Csaba and hire a Manager with British Experince.

-Celebrate new stand with "bring a friend days," "Buy one get one free" days and cheap tickets for certain games.

For Me:

Short Run:

Long run;

all of the above for me. The above is a proper way to run a football club

Think of us as modern day missionaries.

Smashing OP JIG.

I'd also make Greggs in charge of matchday catering, build a bar under the Wheatfield and make N and G official 'singing sections'. And I wouldn't necessarily put a fan on the board, but a passionate ex-player (Ford, Mackay, Robertson or someone of that ilk).

Often wondered about the emboldened section.

I know little of percentages but "a lot" of Hearts fans spend more cash on alcohol pre/post match than they do on match day tickets. Obviously there are rules about alcohol within the seating area, but are there rules that preclude Hearts from building a pub within the vicinity of the ground?

Hearts would coin it in if they could get our beer money too.

As for the op, the slant of it is assuming that all fans want VR out; I for one do not.

I wouldn't meddle too much, I would want the club to run like a proper football team. I would hire a Director Of Football, who unlike others with the term, would not have any real superiority to the manager. MY DOF would be employed to help me source a good manager, and would look at our coaching and scouting at all levels. Once a manager was sourced, he would be given full authority to transfer list/release/extend contracts of our current squad, and would be able to identify new signings. Said new manager would be a party to the negotiations re the new signings, but would have zero input when it comes to allocations of wages.

My plan for the club would be to maximise our training facilities and youth academy. The manager that would be hired would be one that has either expressed an interest in youth development or has a track record. I would aim to go down the route of Arsenal. Sign promising young players for relatively low fees (Arsenal did it with Anelka, Fabregas, Diaby, Toure etc) and bring them to our Academy young. I would only be looking to sign two or three senior players annually, hoping that our Academy would bring in replacement for outgoing players.

jamboinglasgow
Often wondered about the emboldened section.

I know little of percentages but "a lot" of Hearts fans spend more cash on alcohol pre/post match than they do on match day tickets. Obviously there are rules about alcohol within the seating area, but are there rules that preclude Hearts from building a pub within the vicinity of the ground?

Hearts would coin it in if they could get our beer money too.

As for the op, the slant of it is assuming that all fans want VR out; I for one do not.

I wouldn't meddle too much, I would want the club to run like a proper football team. I would hire a Director Of Football, who unlike others with the term, would not have any real superiority to the manager. MY DOF would be employed to help me source a good manager, and would look at our coaching and scouting at all levels. Once a manager was sourced, he would be given full authority to transfer list/release/extend contracts of our current squad, and would be able to identify new signings. Said new manager would be a party to the negotiations re the new signings, but would have zero input when it comes to allocations of wages.

My plan for the club would be to maximise our training facilities and youth academy. The manager that would be hired would be one that has either expressed an interest in youth development or has a track record. I would aim to go down the route of Arsenal. Sign promising young players for relatively low fees (Arsenal did it with Anelka, Fabregas, Diaby, Toure etc) and bring them to our Academy young. I would only be looking to sign two or three senior players annually, hoping that our Academy would bring in replacement for outgoing players.

My OP was not going at Vlad, it was simply interesting to see what people would do if they were in charge of hearts. I dont think every hearts fan want vlad out, I dont because we have no other alternative and though his method is flawed some of his ideas are good.

but good plan you have done anyway.

For Me:

Short Run:

Long run;

I know I mentioned this before when you brought it up but...

Its not a bad iead but do you have fact on the ladies football thing??

To me its bizarre....

Re; what you've said, it all sounds great but I'd also add something about a family section where there was face painting etc every game.. that would bring in money and it would leave us foul mouthed bazzas to get on with it.

jamboinglasgow
I know I mentioned this before when you brought it up but...

Its not a bad iead but do you have fact on the ladies football thing??

To me its bizarre....

Re; what you've said, it all sounds great but I'd also add something about a family section where there was face painting etc every game.. that would bring in money and it would leave us foul mouthed bazzas to get on with it.

I have to admit I dont have any fact that would happen but i have thought about it logicly, maybe the theory doesn't play out in real life. Part of my basis is that as a child we all dream of playing for the club. For boys this is achievable, for girls it isn't. If it could be then more girlsmay support hearts. Also I dont like the idea of hibs having a team which is seen as the best in scotland, we need to stop that:107years: and i must admit that there is something in me that quite likes the idea of a hearts ladies team, dont know why but just do.

Charlie-Brown
I have to admit I dont have any fact that would happen but i have thought about it logicly, maybe the theory doesn't play out in real life. Part of my basis is that as a child we all dream of playing for the club. For boys this is achievable, for girls it isn't. If it could be then more girlsmay support hearts. Also I dont like the idea of hibs having a team which is seen as the best in scotland, we need to stop that:107years: and i must admit that there is something in me that quite likes the idea of a hearts ladies team, dont know why but just do.

I think you are wide off the mark with the ladies team jamboinglasgow - not that it's a bad idea or anything wrong with it - but the best players will play for the best teams whether that is ladies football or schoolboy football or sunday league or amatuer or professional or whatever.......Hibs ladies team are relatively successful but not because it's Hibs just because they were early to establish themselves as one of the more successful teams hence it became kinda self-reinforcing.....i don't think it's a huge money spinner although all football is important to those involved.

My OP was not going at Vlad, it was simply interesting to see what people would do if they were in charge of hearts. I dont think every hearts fan want vlad out, I dont because we have no other alternative and though his method is flawed some of his ideas are good.

but good plan you have done anyway.

Fair enough, it wasn't a huge part of my post tbh, but this opening gambit below seems to think that it is everyones dream to get VR out. Unless you simply mean that it is everyones dream to run our club. Frankly, that is not the case for me. I would only want to run our club if the current owner was making too many mistakes, which brings me onto why this thread exists now...... ;)

Lets imagine you got your dream and vlad left the club tomorrow

.... The manager that would be hired would be one that has either expressed an interest in youth development or has a track record. I would aim to go down the route of Arsenal. Sign promising young players for relatively low fees (Arsenal did it with Anelka, Fabregas, Diaby, Toure etc) and bring them to our Academy young. I would only be looking to sign two or three senior players annually, hoping that our Academy would bring in replacement for outgoing players.

So Laszlo reads JKB then! ;)

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/-Hearts-boss-reveals-his.4651934.jp

either that or your Csaba Lazlo:eek:

I was quite pleased with that article, alot of sense in that plan.

Eye waant sukkksisss. :)

Archived