Branimir Kostadinov

jamboBG

Friend if my comed from Edinburgh yesterday and I have amateur video from game vs. Hibs. Now I know that prognoses of Man.City in April that Branny need betwen 6 and 9 month to be ready is true. I watch in this disc signals from my known brother. With head, hi tactical culture, hi football culture, plays with one two toutches, with hi speed, WITH POWER. Now I'm calm, he will play hi level of football. He coming back to the game. This is very good.

Have nice day!

:Bazooka::Bazooka::Bazooka:

Guest juvehearts

Hope so JBG,

he deserves a chance in the 1st team along with the others.

if he does end up going then city will have to pay ???'s

he is under contract for 4 years

Hope so JBG,

How on earth does he "deserve" a chance in the first team?

scott herbertson

Glad to hear that you see a development in Branimir, JamboBG

From the little I have seen of him he was physically not powerful enough to play in the SPL but if he is developing strength and power to go with his ball skills then he may well make the grade.

It would be nice to have some more options coming through from the youth level and it seems like (without getting into a discussion about the order in which they might make a first team appearance) there are quite a few young players close to the first team or close to the squad.

badly drawn boy
Hope so JBG,

Deserves a chance , how ?

Because his brother is on here telling us all the time hes a superstar ?

Half the youth team deserve a chance and they would have got it if it was not for Romanov?

Guest juvehearts

Because HE kannae do any WORCE than anyone that has playes 1st team football in the last 2 seasons THATS WHY!

Playing a F****G 31yr old Lithuanian football player that isnt good enough to play professional football let alone pull on a maroon jersey, whilst youth players that are deemed good enough arnt.

he kannae be that bad if the richest club in the world are sniffing about him eh.

The selection policy at tynecastle is one of the reasons I wont be back until romanov bolts.

3 seasons & counting & I AM NOT ALONE

Walter Bishop

Branny ready in 6-9 months according to man city!!! :107years:

Branny will not make it imo, good technical ability but he is too lightweight and seems to have to much baggage!!!

Because HE kannae do any WORCE than anyone that has playes 1st team football in the last 2 seasons THATS WHY!

Playing a F****G 31yr old Lithuanian football player that isnt good enough to play professional football let alone pull on a maroon jersey, whilst youth players that are deemed good enough arnt.

he kannae be that bad if the richest club in the world are sniffing about him eh.

The selection policy at tynecastle is one of the reasons I wont be back until romanov bolts.

Where did you hear that Manchester City are interested in Kostadinov?

He might be worse than some of the players we have in the first team squad. He could also not be ready for the first team.

Jam Tarts 1874

How many of the posters bleating on about reserve and youth players "deserving a chance" have actually seen any of these players regularly in the flesh? Judging by comments so far on here, the answer is not many!

Branny will not make it imo, good technical ability but he is too lightweight and seems to have to much baggage!!!

I agree, I was a bit disappointed when I seen him against Hobos reserves and have been everytime I have seen him. He just not direct enough and lacts urgency IMO.

jamboinglasgow
How many of the posters bleating on about reserve and youth players "deserving a chance" have actually seen any of these players regularly in the flesh? Judging by comments so far on here, the answer is not many!

I thnk that can be the problem, people are too quick to write some players off as "not making it" and others as ready for the first team without seeing the players. I have to admit that I have not seen a U19 or reserve game this season (though I so want to.) So I have to base my views on those who put reports on kickback (and even then I only take them from a few.) I have sometimes noticed some people are more harsh on some players than others so you have to bear that in mind.

For me branny is an odd one. I only have seen him play a few times last season and those were usually less than a half. He is never played up front which I think should be where he should be played. I think he has the abilty but I think he is still learning. From some of the reports I get about reserve matches there is the view that he is developing, it may be slowly but it is happening. Also I dont know why someone has said he has baggage, I dont think he does.

Guest juvehearts
Where did you hear that Manchester City are interested in Kostadinov?

fae his brother, hearsay i know, but it hasnt been unproven

He might be worse than some of the players we have in the first team squad. He could also not be ready for the first team.

Yeah he mite be coco, dont you him like so many others should think he/ they should get a chance infront of makela, mole & K?anavičius (#29) the likes of ruben, chesney,mroweic are getting a raw deal also, if its not working then shabba MUST change it, as thats what the fans deserve.

its gut wrenching for me to see mole &K?anavičius get a game infront of others when they are week in & week out simply not good enough.

sometimes untried footballers do well, its happened throughout football since its creation, ian wright is just one of 00's of examples, anyone heard of hendrik larsson before he came?

These named players need to be droped from the 1st 18 & replaced with someone else, weither that is branny or AN other i personally dont care, but we are all in agreement that something needs to change before we start to get better again.

i will not accept lying down to the opposition & not giving 100% for the club.

I thnk that can be the problem, people are too quick to write some players off as "not making it" and others as ready for the first team without seeing the players. I have to admit that I have not seen a U19 or reserve game this season (though I so want to.) So I have to base my views on those who put reports on kickback (and even then I only take them from a few.) I have sometimes noticed some people are more harsh on some players than others so you have to bear that in mind.

For me branny is an odd one. I only have seen him play a few times last season and those were usually less than a half. He is never played up front which I think should be where he should be played. I think he has the abilty but I think he is still learning. From some of the reports I get about reserve matches there is the view that he is developing, it may be slowly but it is happening. Also I dont know why someone has said he has baggage, I dont think he does.

80% from opinions are not with football arguments. Don't worry. Diferent people, diferent opinions and ideals. I write my and I'm happy that he coming back to the game. Thanks for support and for any your report, because you can to watch him and another guys direct!

I repeat one information from 3-4 days ago:

Branny is Hight: 181 cm, Weight: 71 kg - 19 years old

The Topscorer in CL (64 goals) Pipo Inzagi is - Hight: 181 cm, Weight - 74 kg - 35 years old. Football realy is not only kilograms. He is not rugby, is not sumo.

Have nice day!

Guest S.U.S.S.

My mate is pure great at football, if hearts dont buy him and make himn captain, im not coming back, or maybe thats just an excuse.

Half the youth team deserve a chance and they would have got it if it was not for Romanov?

If not for Romanov the youth team would BE the first team.

Okay some might think that's not such a bad thing

Ogi fae Gorgie

The Topscorer in CL (64 goals) Pipo Inzagi is - Hight: 181 cm, Weight - 74 kg - 35 years old. Football realy is not only kilograms. He is not rugby, is not sumo.

Have nice day!

fifteen love.

MackaysCentreSpot

Hi JBG

I was at the Hibs game and your brothers performance in the second half was good.

I know he is your brother but sorry, this is certainly affecting your judgement about him as a player.

Walter Bishop

Have nice day!

And? Inzaghi has/had ability!!!

That's the problem as far as im concerned yourself and Branimir`s representatives cant see the big picture, if he was as good as you make out then A. He would be playing 1st team football and B. He would not be playing for Hearts.

Hi JBG

I was at the Hibs game and your brothers performance in the second half was good.

I know he is your brother but sorry, this is certainly affecting your judgement about him as a player.

Surely that is acceptable though. Would you expect him to come on here and say my brother is a big pile of jobbies and won't make it? :P

MackaysCentreSpot
Surely that is acceptable though. Would you expect him to come on here and say my brother is a big pile of jobbies and won't make it? :P

Of course it is.

Yeah he mite be coco, dont you him like so many others should think he/ they should get a chance infront of makela, mole & K?anavi?ius (#29) the likes of ruben, chesney,mroweic are getting a raw deal also, if its not working then shabba MUST change it, as thats what the fans deserve.

its gut wrenching for me to see mole &K?anavi?ius get a game infront of others when they are week in & week out simply not good enough.

sometimes untried footballers do well, its happened throughout football since its creation, ian wright is just one of 00's of examples, anyone heard of hendrik larsson before he came?

These named players need to be droped from the 1st 18 & replaced with someone else, weither that is branny or AN other i personally dont care, but we are all in agreement that something needs to change before we start to get better again.

i will not accept lying down to the opposition & not giving 100% for the club.

Does the fact that he has not been getting a game infront of our current crop of forwards not speak volumes about how good he is/ must be.

Going on Vlad's temprament it would be in his best interests to have Branny playing if he felt he could be punted for a decent fee!

The only person on this board who rates him is his own brother! Does not take a genius to work out what is going on there.

Branny is obviously knowhere near good enough for the first team and that is why he is not even getting a sniff of the bench. (I am not saying he will never play for the first team but to suggest that he deserves a chance at the moment is ridiculous!)

Have nice day!

Makela has a similar stature to Jan Koller.

I know who I would rather have.

Makela has a similar stature to Jan Koller.

I know who I would rather have.

...and football is not only kilograms. Not rugby or sumo...The hadred is not good advisor!

...and football is not only kilograms. Not rugby or sumo...The hadred is not good advisor!

No I dont expect it is about kilograms.

I am sure Robinson who played last season is probably smaller than Branny given his age.

Yet he has made it near the first team......

So if it is not his size, then why is it Branny does not get near the first team?

What are you saying? These guys are even more gash than the firsts?

Doesnt say much for Romanov's strategy then :rolleyes:

Jeeez !

The C on my keyboard is not that close to the S.

Friend if my comed from Edinburgh yesterday and I have amateur video from game vs. Hibs. Now I know that prognoses of Man.City in April that Branny need betwen 6 and 9 month to be ready is true. I watch in this disc signals from my known brother. With head, hi tactical culture, hi football culture, plays with one two toutches, with hi speed, WITH POWER. Now I'm calm, he will play hi level of football. He coming back to the game. This is very good.

Have nice day!

:Bazooka::Bazooka::Bazooka:

Brilliant, You give us nothing but good news BG.

Have a great day now !!!! :rolleyes:

Certainly Kostadinov has more pressure on him to succeed than any of the other young players...Part of that comes from how highly rated he was as a youth but also his brother does cheerlead him a bit. I genuinely hope the guy makes it, and I have never seen him play so I cannot say whether I think he will or not. I am somewhat concerned that he is a striker yet seems to only ever get a game at right midfield or in the hole...What's that all about?

Certainly Kostadinov has more pressure on him to succeed than any of the other young players...Part of that comes from how highly rated he was as a youth but also his brother does cheerlead him a bit. I genuinely hope the guy makes it, and I have never seen him play so I cannot say whether I think he will or not. I am somewhat concerned that he is a striker yet seems to only ever get a game at right midfield or in the hole...What's that all about?

I posted the other day if he makes it it won't be with Hearts.My opinion is he will not make it at all.

Charlie-Brown

Other younger strikers in the reserves & youths who like Kostadinov don't have the physicality to play centre forward (like Templeton, Glen, Ryan Wallace & Scott Robinson etc) also find themselves playing on the flank or in the hole behind the main striker - as the teams play approx. the same / similar formation at each level......all the teams play with a bigger & stronger guy in the main striker position whenever possible with Nade, Tullberg, Mole, Makela & Mark Cowan the guys who've been picked for that position this season.

scott herbertson

Branny is obviously knowhere near good enough for the first team and that is why he is not even getting a sniff of the bench. (I am not saying he will never play for the first team but to suggest that he deserves a chance at the moment is ridiculous!)

I don't think JamboBG suggested he should get a chance now - just that he was developing and, in his opinion, will get a chance at this level in future.

"He will play high level of football" does not equal "He should be in the first team now"

..or am I missing something?

You all here know all. But...You realy have no idea what a goindg. Branny is last man who will coming here to the board. My words are for you, not for him. I have not this power to press him. I writed this thread to test all philosofes here. Months and monts I look threads not for wonderkids, for genius. Now ... I press my bro. My God. Whay you think that this here is interesting for him. This is for me.

This is last from me. Branny is forigner in Scotland, I'm forigner here. All the best to all. Be happy!

You all here know all. But...You realy have no idea what a goindg. Branny is last man who will coming here to the board. My words are for you, not for him. I have not this power to press him. I writed this thread to test all philosofes here. Months and monts I look threads not for wonderkids, for genius. Now ... I press my bro. My God. Whay you think that this here is interesting for him. This is for me.

This is last from me. Branny is forigner in Scotland, I'm forigner here. All the best to all. Be happy!

Don't worry be happy!

Other younger strikers in the reserves & youths who like Kostadinov don't have the physicality to play centre forward (like Templeton, Glen, Ryan Wallace & Scott Robinson etc) also find themselves playing on the flank or in the hole behind the main striker - as the teams play approx. the same / similar formation at each level......all the teams play with a bigger & stronger guy in the main striker position whenever possible with Nade, Tullberg, Mole, Makela & Mark Cowan the guys who've been picked for that position this season.

But is that good coaching? I thought results did not matter outside of the first team so how are promising but physically immature strikers to develop if they are stuck out on the wing?

Why are you living out your fantasies of being a pro footballer through your brother?

Charlie-Brown
But is that good coaching? I thought results did not matter outside of the first team so how are promising but physically immature strikers to develop if they are stuck out on the wing?

It depends.... last season & this season in the U19's McCusker (now at Clyde) then Mark Cowan have played as the main striker and having a bit more physical presence have been able to compete better against the centre backs to win headers and hold the ball up etc to enable the team to get out and build attacks - so whilst this might not be the best thing for any one particular individual it is better for the group as a whole as the team has a more coherent shape and compete better....and if the likes of Glen or Templeton or Kostadinov or Wallace etc are playing behind or on either side of the main striker then they will still be getting opportunities to display their attacking skills if the team is able to make attacking moves....it also enables the midfielders to break forward having a striker who can help play them into the game.

portobellojambo1
It depends.... last season & this season in the U19's McCusker (now at Clyde) then Mark Cowan have played as the main striker and having a bit more physical presence have been able to compete better against the centre backs to win headers and hold the ball up etc to enable the team to get out and build attacks - so whilst this might not be the best thing for any one particular individual it is better for the group as a whole as the team has a more coherent shape and compete better....and if the likes of Glen or Templeton or Kostadinov or Wallace etc are playing behind or on either side of the main striker then they will still be getting opportunities to display their attacking skills if the team is able to make attacking moves....it also enables the midfielders to break forward having a striker who can help play them into the game.

I hope I am not reading your words wrong CB, but i do get the impression what you are saying is that the way forward for Hearts is to have a huge, lanky centre forward, as short, lightweight players will not make it in that position. If that is also the present coaching philosophy at Hearts all I can say is I'm glad those coaches pushing it were not around when John Robertson was looking to get into the 1st eleven, we might never have seen him.

You don't have to be a 6' 6" athlete to be a footballer, you have to have natural ability, irrespective of your size.

I hope I am not reading your words wrong CB, but i do get the impression what you are saying is that the way forward for Hearts is to have a huge, lanky centre forward, as short, lightweight players will not make it in that position. If that is also the present coaching philosophy at Hearts all I can say is I'm glad those coaches pushing it were not around when John Robertson was looking to get into the 1st eleven, we might never have seen him.

You don't have to be a 6' 6" athlete to be a footballer, you have to have natural ability, irrespective of your size.

Bang on! Surely slighter players will be afforded the same protection as Nakamura/mcgeady/add ranger splayer here...

Small doesnt necessarily mean inefective...I think thsi theory of big CBs hammering forwards is bollocks to be honest...lower centre of gravity etc..

iI he can get past him quick enough were laughing.

scott herbertson

agreed PJ1, but don't forget that JR played off, and learned from, the great Jimmy Bone, and the just about as great sandy Clark before he matured into the great centre forward he bacame.

Charlie-Brown

Not at all PJ1 - all iam saying is the way the the team lines up has a Sandy Clark or Jimmy Bone type role to take the brunt of the defenders attentions just as Robbo had O'Connor, Bone, Clark, Foster, Baird, Hamilton & others to fulfill this role over the years.....fitba teams need a spine and that is why most teams have bigger guys at centre back & centre forward as well as sometime goalie & centre midfield to give the team and shape and presence to play around.......anyway Mark Cowan the U19 centre forward has scored with decent regularity and is about the only one of our strikers to have done so..and he's not just a big lump either although he does have more presence than some of the other kids in the same age group.

portobellojambo1
agreed PJ1, but don't forget that JR played off, and learned from, the great Jimmy Bone, and the just about as great sandy Clark before he matured into the great centre forward he bacame.

I agree with what you say Scott, Robertson did benefit from having someone around him who could do the "dirty work", "grafting" call it what you will, But he played off them in as much as at their shoulder,in the penalty box, not stuck out on the flanks. That is why i would like to see us go with two up front, at the moment there is no point in having someone who can muscle about and/or win balls in the air because there is no one lethal to finish that work off. And Robbo did learn the art of the penalty box from both Bone and Clark, they were if you like his icons. Unfortunately our youth strikers at this time have no one they can look at striker wise in the first team and say "I want to be as good as that, if not better".

scott herbertson
I agree with what you say Scott, Robertson did benefit from having someone around him who could do the "dirty work", "grafting" call it what you will, But he played off them in as much as at their shoulder,in the penalty box, not stuck out on the flanks. That is why i would like to see us go with two up front, at the moment there is no point in having someone who can muscle about and/or win balls in the air because there is no one lethal to finish that work off. And Robbo did learn the art of the penalty box from both Bone and Clark, they were if you like his icons. Unfortunately our youth strikers at this time have no one they can look at striker wise in the first team and say "I want to be as good as that, if not better".

Totally agree

When Tullberg was signed my first thought was 'Gary Glen'. Tullberg is not a goalscorer but has the build of a ballwinner / layoff man - if he can do that, then on the evidence so far he and Glen would compliment each other

Archived