Never Mind The Buzzcocks

SharpJambo

Any kickbackers watch this tonight? Was it just me that felt that boy from Glasvegas is a grade A w**k. He didn't even get it tight off Amstell and he just seemed to sit and sulk the whole show.

That's his style. Did you expect a rip roaring 30 minute set of knock knock gags, from that torn faced weegie?

Any kickbackers watch this tonight? Was it just me that felt that boy from Glasvegas is a grade A w**k. He didn't even get it tight off Amstell and he just seemed to sit and sulk the whole show.

I sent a text to I8 (He wont mind me mentioning) stating that exact thing. The very second I sent it I got exactly the same in return. :)

As an aside that Cilmi bird is very hot but rather slow.

As for Germaine Greer: for an Aussie, and a bird and a feminist - is actually very funny. :eek:

Shockeroonie.

That's his style. Did you expect a rip roaring 30 minute set of knock knock gags, from that torn faced weegie?

To be honest, its not really a style. I just wonder how a frontman with so little personality and talent can actually manage to make it so far in the music industry

To be honest, its not really a style. I just wonder how a frontman with so little personality and talent can actually manage to make it so far in the music industry

3 little letters - NME.

Although I quite like the album.

I expect nothing less of Weegies

self-important tosspot, suits the band imo.

That Cilmi bird is stunning!

I've been expecting that. Since this thread was started:p

FPP_CILMI.jpg

ArmiyaRomanova

Have to admit, he came across as an arrogantly self-regarding merchant of a painfully cliched idea of what it might be to be 'cool'. Almost laughable in itself.

Have to admit, he came across as an arrogantly self-regarding merchant of a painfully cliched idea of what it might be to be 'cool'. Almost laughable in itself.

I thought he'd come from a Lightning Seeds tribute act (if there is such a thing).

****** from a **** band. They have been on go the for ages then all of a sudden they bring out a distinctly average album, NME jump on them and they are big. The name is enough to put me off.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
The lad from Glasvegas is a tw*t - that is all.

Typical weegie Tim, I'd expect nowt else.

Gabriella Cilmi I could eat with a spoon.

What? Now it's cool?

Oh and over manufactured! Glasvegas....So 2007!

:rolleyes:

Don't start.

They have been on go the for ages then all of a sudden they bring out a distinctly average album, NME jump on them and they are big
WHAT, REALLY? If you believe some posters on this site, media hype/brainwashing is just a myth and has no affect on the public. That dude is living proof, you don't need talent these days to get by just hype. His band are merde and he is a charisma blackhole.

The same thing happens in the film industry all the time (even imdb has been hijacked by studio marketing) just look at the success 'quirky' one trick ponies have enjoyed in reccent years - Wes Anderson, Ritchie etc.

ToadKiller Dog

Just thought the Glasvegas bloke was a poor copy of 80s glasgow groups a rather vacant version of Edwyn Collins maybe.

Thought the Greer defeated Anstel in there battle of wills.

The Wee aussie lass agree a bit dim but is she not only 16 or something.

The guy with the tash was he one of the two rich texan brothers in the smokey and the bandit movies Big Enos Burdette?

Glasvegas are an interesting change to the music scene, haunting drums, screeching guitars, lyrics you can associate to. Plus they sound scottish, too many bands in the past from Scotland have tried to be american, glasvegas bring back a bit of scottish music identity like belle and sebastian and dare I say it the Proclaimers.

In terms of image, it is a case of been there done that....

Suspect Device

In terms of image, it is a case of been there done that....

completely agree, desperately trying to look rock n roll cool ...... actually looked (and acted) like a k**b

anyone who wears sunglasses indoors is not cool :cool:

The music industry does revolve round image more than music sometimes. If you music is good, it don't matter how you dress.

Saying that bands like Kiss are more famous for their image than their music at times!!!

The music industry does revolve round image more than music sometimes. If you music is good, it don't matter how you dress.

So what's the Glasvegas excuse then? ;)

ToadKiller Dog

I dont get this they sing with scottish accents thing which is cool, Alex Harvey ,the bay city rollers ,Moria Anderson even jockney rod stewart you can argue sang with scots accents long before the proclaimers or glasvegas.

I saw an episode when I was back on holiday this summer and was disappointed to see that Mark Lamarr had been replaced by a lanky streak of ****. Not that Lamarr was any great shakes but the new guy is a total dildo. Anyone else agree, or is it a case of you get used to him over time?

i'm not talking about bands like bay city rollers etc. I'm talking about new bands who have tried to get an american sound.

The view are another band who are very scottish in their singing. Although if you understand a work Kyle says then hats off.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I saw an episode when I was back on holiday this summer and was disappointed to see that Mark Lamarr had been replaced by a lanky streak of ****. Not that Lamarr was any great shakes but the new guy is a total dildo. Anyone else agree, or is it a case of you get used to him over time?

Amstell is hilarious. He's been doing it for a few seasons as well now.

Very, very quick wit.

I agree, although I'll probably be accused of being a homophobe now.

And Glasvegas are ****e.

Amstell is brilliant.

That guy was a total jebend. As has already been said, he just came across as one big gaping lack of charisma trying far too hard to seem "cool".

Amstell is hilarious. He's been doing it for a few seasons as well now.

Very, very quick wit.

Amstell saved the Buzzcocks!!

Lamarr's a fud and was never funny.

I watched it earlier today on catch up and i couldnt believe that idiot from Glasvegas. Total t!t. He was an erse when he was on soccer am, but even more of an erse on buzzcocks last night. James Corden would be a good shout as a full time team captain. Thought he was quite funny.

Archived