Sack Jonathon Ross ?

H2

What should have happened to Jonathon Ross ?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What should have happened to Jonathon Ross ?

• He should have resigned
    • BBC should have sacked him
    • 12 week suspension is correct action
    • He did nothing wrong, no action

Should the Beeb have sacked JR, should he have been man enough to resign, is a 12 week ban correct, should there have been no action. Given that others have resigned over the matter, at far greater personal expense that Ross would suffer - what do you think?

Time for this country to grow some balls again.

One of the 'victims' in this claims she just wants it to be over and then 24 hours later sells her story to the countrys biggest rag.

Get over it FFS!!

This is the most dull 'scandal' ever.

Can't be that dull, you opened the thread, unless you are really really really bored tonight!:eek:

He should be shot, IMO. total waste of money, he's a smarmy git and what he did was totally unacceptible.

Mind you, I'd give her one too. But i would tell the old dear :)

He was a guest, therefore wasn't being paid by the BBC for being there.

Intersting view. Does this mean if you went into your work one day, as a guest, because you were on holiday, say for a presentation for a colleague leaving or something and behave inappropraitely, that would be okay?

People are getting carried away with this, they were only having a laugh.. No need for them to axe his show.. Plus it was some thing good to watch on a friday nite..

Jonathan Ross should take his show over to another channel, and that will get it right up the bbc..

Can't be that dull, you opened the thread, unless you are really really really bored tonight!:eek:

Hey, not knocking your thread. I mean the press reaction to the whole thing has been extremely overblown.

its a joke gone wrong. mountains and molehills.

would be a shame for it to ruin jonathon woss

jr was never going to be sacked he's the bbc's golden boy on around 6 million a year...sack him and he just ****es off to itv/channel4!!!!

Where is the 'Who gives a flying ****' option ?

With you on that.

For what it's worth, I will ball your granddaughter if you're straight enough to ever produce kids who don't turn out to be raging lezzas.

Mods, I'm sorry. I'll send flowers.

Patrick Bateman
Where is the 'Who gives a flying ****' option ?

Quite right. The BBC is now publicly flogging itself by giving this non-story the premium in news airtime. A joke in poor taste yes, but is this story more important than an earthquake in Pakistan that killed scores of people or the biggest American election in living memory? I don't think so. A typical middle-England over reaction.

Quite right. The BBC is now publicly flogging itself by giving this non-story the premium in news airtime. A joke in poor taste yes, but is this story more important than an earthquake in Pakistan that killed scores of people or the biggest American election in living memory? I don't think so. A typical middle-England over reaction.

I hadn't even heard that. Sums it up really.

Dumbed down Britain. Mission complete.

Patrick Bateman

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/pakistan/3283320/Pakistan-earthquake-Thousands-displaced-as-death-toll-rises-to-300.html

Up to 600 people dead. If that had happened in Europe or America, I wonder if we'd be hearing so much about the futures of celebrities and station controllers. Despicable.

Time for this country to grow some balls again.

One of the 'victims' in this claims she just wants it to be over and then 24 hours later sells her story to the countrys biggest rag.

Get over it FFS!!

Was saying the same this morning, how much did the paper pay her? I for one had never heard of her before this.

rudi must stay
Give him a payrise, the guy has balls ;)

a payrise? He already gets ?18 million. Nah he should probably have been sacked because he arguably did more than Brand and he's had to go because of it, but his chat show is usually great as is his film show so im glad they have decided not to sack him.

Patrick Bateman

Hopefully they'll bring in Mark Kermode to replace Ross at Film 2008, he *usually* knows what he's talking about.

BBC are in a no win situation.

They sack him.

Rival snaps him up.

It's a weird one though... I quite like Ross on the beeb, but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch him on a smaller channel.

ArmiyaRomanova

Given editorial compliance guidelines at the Beeb, and the extent to which programming is monitored prior to broadcast, I can't help but suspect that in allowing this to go to air, Brand and Ross have been set up for a fall.

Quite why and by who I don't know, but something smells a tad off...

Still, I'm not that enamoured by either of them. Who cares....

no one shouldve been sacked

1, he did feck her , so only telling the truth

2, show wasnt live , couldve edited it if seen as that bad

While the cash Ross gets is nothing short of scandalous, if they sacked him they'd just spend it on even more lavish, bodice-ripping period dramas anyway!

husref musemic

Whatever your views (mines is, storm and tea cup) however the lifeless, humourless f ckers who complained should be rounded up and pushed over there beloved white cliffs the mail / express reading *****.

Band wagon jumping on idiots, the only people who have the right to complain are the two who phoned during the show, the blue rinse home county transcript readers should be shot...ocht a bit ott but it is fecking rediculous.

why isn't real news covered any more and who's driving these type of pointless media driven campaigns ?

i haven't been arsed enough about it to listen to the thing so won't comment much on it other than to say the girl in question is probably grateful for the publicity. not many knew who she was a couple of weeks ago.

HOWEVER

if i was getting calls like that on my home phone i doubt i'd be impressed, and given the fact he is pretty old now and his missus is ill in hospital i think it was a slightly cruel joke to play on andrew sachs.

now, the crux of the matter is this was not a live show and if seemed to be in any way offensive, it ought to have been edited out of the show. the blame therefore lies at the feet of the producer/editor of the show far more than at the feet of ross or brand

when it aired there were only a couple of complaints and i believe that was due to the language used rather than the phone call prank itself, so its mock anger from most.

its been blown way out of proportion i think and no, ross or brand ought not lose their jobs or be sacked

the only thing about brand i really find offensive is the fact he thinks he's funny and the fact he's always on the box.

i don't like him, so i don't watch him....

pity more people can't do the same thing. the "off" button is there for a reason

Templeton Peck

Does anyone else think that the people who will come out worst from this is the Sachs family. Brand and Ross will be back. Christ, Angus Deaton got back on the BBC.

Hiring Max Clifford wasn't the best move for the granddaughter. Worse has yet to come out in the papers for her as she has drawn attention to herself. I doubt that will be reported in the Daily Mail though.

Archived