Scotlands Women fail to make the UEFA Championships

Say What Again

Wimmin's football is an utter joke, albeit their "achievements" mimic our men's team.

Guest jambomickey
Wimmin's football is an utter joke, albeit their "achievements" mimic our men's team.

disagree with you! womans football is a decent standard and they've got every right to play the game, a bit sexist if you ask me.

womans football is a decent standard

:eek: :eek: :eek:

The Scottish wimmin's international team wouldn't beat a decent male under-15 side.

Wimmin's football is a classic product of today's non-discriminatory, everyone's equal, pc environment. :o

Guest jambomickey
:eek: :eek: :eek:

The Scottish wimmin's international team wouldn't beat a decent male under-15 side.

Wimmin's football is a classic product of today's non-discriminatory, everyone's equal, pc environment. :o

totally disagree with you! in my opinion womans football is of a decent standard and woman have as much right to play football as men

woman have as much right to play football as men

They can play it if they want. I have no problem with that. But let's just

recognise it's pesh and of nothing more than curiosity value. It's ridiculous that the bints get tv coverage and get to play at proper stadia.

Guest jambomickey
They can play it if they want. I have no problem with that. But let's just

recognise it's pesh and of nothing more than curiosity value. It's ridiculous that the bints get tv coverage and get to play at proper stadia.

very ignorant sexist view.

I disagree with you ,I coach at U15 level girls football and I can tell you this theres a lot of talented footballers out there think you should get your arse down to your local girls team and see for yourself granted not every girl has got it but all are very committed

Did you see the goals between Scotland v Russia on Sunday (Quality)

I coach at U15 level girls football and I can tell you this theres a lot of talented footballers out there think you should get your arse down to your local girls team and see for yourself

No thanks. I'm sure you do an admirable job but I'd rather watch paint dry. Wimmin play namby pamby football.

No. I'd rather watch Songs of Praise. It's easy to score "quality" goals when there are no tough tackles flying in.

Didn't Sep Blatter say woman's football would only take off if they played in their bra's? Top bloke.

I thought it was tighter shorts?

Guest jambomickey
I disagree with you ,I coach at U15 level girls football and I can tell you this theres a lot of talented footballers out there think you should get your arse down to your local girls team and see for yourself granted not every girl has got it but all are very committed

good for you and i wish you every success with that mate!

bedroom and the kitchen thats a womans place

and the sad thing about it is they know it as well

Great username!

bedroom and the kitchen thats a womans place

and the sad thing about it is they know it as well

I'm guessing that your only experience with women is your mum??

Just.

The girls went out on away goals (4-4) after coming from behind to win 1-2 in Russia this evening.

Hard lines ladies. Good effort! :clap:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/women/7700799.stm

If we can ignore the uneducated views of the poor man's Alf Garnett that is Therapist for one moment, it certainly was a good effort.

Although the coach Anna Signeul must be disappointed in her side being pipped at the post, there are a couple of crumbs of comfort.

Namely, the vast majority of her squad are part-time with the Russians being well-paid full-time professional footballers. Secondly, when she took charge three years ago, Scotland travelled to Russia and were thrashed 6-0 for their trouble.

From that to the closest the Scottish women's team has come to qualifying for a major tournament (they hadn't even reached a play-off until now) shows the amount of progress both she and the team have made.

Knowing her, I doubt if she will count that as a success and will want to improve on that for when the qualifying procedure for the next World Cup begins.

totally disagree with you! in my opinion womans football is of a decent standard and woman have as much right to play football as men

Actually, a few years ago when I was playing U15's, we played Scotland's U21's womans team. It was a warm up before they went to somewhere like Holland for their Euro championships a week later. I played for Edinburgh youth development, and we beat them 3 - 1 at Meggetland! Also, we were told to take it easy in the tackles on them!! They were ok, but I was expecting better, they were probably the equivalent to a mid-table U15's boys team!

Say What Again
Actually, a few years ago when I was playing U15's, we played Scotland's U21's womans team. It was a warm up before they went to somewhere like Holland for their Euro championships a week later. I played for Edinburgh youth development, and we beat them 3 - 1 at Meggetland! Also, we were told to take it easy in the tackles on them!! They were ok, but I was expecting better, they were probably the equivalent to a mid-table U15's boys team!

Allan Preston said on the radio a few weeks ago that Livingston U19s (I think) played the full womens team and beat them 6-0.

pauline hamill who scored the goals for scotland last week looks rough as a badgers ar$e

_44079617_paulinehamill203.jpg

she looks a bit like

Ray_Parlour_785172.jpg

Say What Again
Whats good about failure?

Easy to argue they didn't fail.

Yes, the failed to reach the final stages of the tournament, but they still achieved more than they'd ever done before.

As has also been pointed out, they lost 6-0 in Russia last time, this time they won. So they're making progress.

Your logic implies that if Hearts get the Champions League final and lose on penalties to Real Madrid they'd be failures. In fact, you'd probably boo them. :rolleyes:

Guest S.U.S.S.

Yes, the failed to reach the final stages of the tournament, but they still achieved more than they'd ever done before.

As has also been pointed out, they lost 6-0 in Russia last time, this time they won. So they're making progress.

Your logic implies that if Hearts get the Champions League final and lose on penalties to Real Madrid they'd be failures. In fact, you'd probably boo them. :rolleyes:

Winning is everything, second is nothing.

The problem with this country is they glorify failure, is good to have tried and failed, not its not, win or dont bother.

Im not detracting from the fact they have improved, they obviously have and good on them, but their is no glory in defeat.

Yes, they failed to reach the final stages of the tournament,

:o :o :o

Archived