Is This The Height Of Hypocrisy?

MackaysCentreSpot

Father Tiresias

He's absolutely right of course, there is far far too much money being paid to football players now and that's football players of all ages!!

Beckham and his stupid wife are another argument.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's all you can do to a story like that. In fact the dictionary definition of the word hypocrisy should use that story as an example.

For someone who was one of the first players who had oodles and oodles of money chucked at him from a very early age, (much more than his actual ability deserved IMO), and who now devotes more of his attention to advertising and generally getting loads of dosh for just being David Beckham than he does for the game that made him famous. For someone like him, of all people to come out with that stuff utterly beggars belief. How out of touch with reality is he FFS?

alwaysthereinspirit

Guess it depends on how much he was being paid at a young age and what he constitutes as young. You cant fault Beckhams hunger as far as football goes.

Hypocrisy? Why? What he is saying is correct, and is not a criticism that can be accurately leveled at himself. Yes, he is exceptionally wealthy now, but he was a star on the pitch before all the rest. And any suggestion that he lacks hunger or professionalism is ridiculous.

Hypocrisy? Why? What he is saying is correct, and is not a criticism that can be accurately leveled at himself. Yes, he is exceptionally wealthy now, but he was a star on the pitch before all the rest. And any suggestion that he lacks hunger or professionalism is ridiculous.

Even if he was one of the 'guilty' ones, he'd have been daft to refuse the money offered regardless of whether he thought it was healthy for the game.

The Real Maroonblood
Im not sure Beckham was on alot of money as a youth player. Was his first car not a fiesta or something?

Poor wee boy only a Fiesta.

Think Beckham is totally spot on with what he says, if only some of our talented youngsters over the years had the hunger Beckham did then we may have seen far greater sucess as a club! Can you imagine how steven simmons might have turned out? v talented as a youth player yet got good money and a 5 year deal and went downhill !

Poor wee boy only a Fiesta.

You know what I mean so I dont know why you posted the above.

Just incase you dont...I mean compared to what players the same age as he was when he was emerging get these days i.e. top youth players comin thru at top clubs such as man utd.

Archived