Blue Asda logo

hearts_crazy

Don't know if this has been discussed on here, but Asda are opening a branch in Larkhall and they are considering changing their logo to blue to please the neanderthals that live there.

How feckin daft is this? Surely there are enough problems between these two sets of moronic fans as it is without pandering to their petty minded idiocy.

Or is it just me that thinks this is completely stupid (not to mention a ridiculous waste of money as they would have to change the colour of all their bags, uniforms and own brand packaging and stuff too presumably).

Heard that a similar thing happened in Newcastle with TGI Fridays, apparently Newcastle fans threatened to petrol bomb the place because of it having a red and white striped logo, so they had to add in a black stripe specially.

Bit sad.

I was in a Rangers Supporters' Club once and they had a blue snooker table.

It always left me thinking if they'd try and change the colour of the Ibrox grass one day.

Buffalo Bill

Say What Again

The McDonalds outside Fenerbaches ground changed from the golden arch on a red background as they're Galatasarys colours. I'm sure I read at the time it was the only McD's not to display the McD's colours.

It isn't the only one now as the McD's in the shopping centre just off the main square (Duomo Piazza?) in Milan has a black background so it matches the shop fronts of Prada, Gucci, etc.

The Fenerbache one may still be the only McD's sign without a golden arch though.

A Boy Named Crow

Good business sense really. I know of a pub near Larkhall that nearly went under because the new landlord painted the door green - he was new to the area!

Commander Harris
The Daily Ranger is quoting Asda as having no plans to change logos or branding

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2008/10/30/asda-we-won-t-change-green-logo-for-rangers-fans-86908-20853697/

as is this local paper:

http://www.bellshillspeaker.co.uk/latest-scottish-news/Asda-No-plans-to-ditch.4644716.jp

EDIT: seems to be the same story!

Buffalo Bill

Was the green ball a shade of orange and the referees gloves red?

;)

Canadianjambo

It always left me thinking if they'd try and change the colour of the Ibrox grass one day.

Buffalo Bill

Wonder if the team will run out to Kentucky Bluegrass music too!!!! ;)

The McDonalds on the Champs Elysses (sp) is a different colour due to PArisian rules about the colour of shop fronts in historic areas.

Say What Again
The McDonalds on the Champs Elysses (sp) is a different colour due to PArisian rules about the colour of shop fronts in historic areas.

It is, but like the one in the Milan shopping centre, still has the Golden Arch. I'm sure the one outside Fenerbaches ground was reported as being the only non-Golden Arch.

Not that it matters a toss anyway :P

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I heard about the Subway in Larkhall from a mate but I thought it was just an urban myth

At an slight tangent from the subject. I quite like what Coca Cola do on advertising boards by changing the colour to whatever team the boards are at.

It's not to stop any negative vibes but to give positive ones.

thequeenshead

Yes, I'm from this famous little town. Firstly I'd like to say that Subway were not "forced" to change their shop front to black, they painted it black as the shop was opening and it was their choice on the matter.

Second of all, as in every town, there is a small minority of numpties who are "hardcore bluenoses" and these are the only people that gives Larkhall a bad reputation. I'm a Rangers supporter and to be quite frank I find the whole thing pathetic and extremely petty. The article in The Scottish Sun newspaper makes a very bad generalisation of everyone in the town, and it's obvious from above that some people believe that all residents of Larkhall, would therefore smash a green Asda sign, which of course would not be the case.

It is true that the traffic lights have been smashed but this is only by the small minority I spoke about.

Additionally, against most peoples' beliefs, Celtic supporters do stay in Larkhall. There is even a "Celtic pub" which to my knowledge, has had no problems.

If you cared to take a walk down Larkhall main street in a Celtic strip, you would not walk out the other end bruised black and blue, also, on your way through you'd see young boys, best friends, one wearing a Rangers top, the other a Celtic top proudly walking together.

siegementality
Yes, I'm from this famous little town. Firstly I'd like to say that Subway were not "forced" to change their shop front to black, they painted it black as the shop was opening and it was their choice on the matter.

Second of all, as in every town, there is a small minority of numpties who are "hardcore bluenoses" and these are the only people that gives Larkhall a bad reputation. I'm a Rangers supporter and to be quite frank I find the whole thing pathetic and extremely petty. The article in The Scottish Sun newspaper makes a very bad generalisation of everyone in the town, and it's obvious from above that some people believe that all residents of Larkhall, would therefore smash a green Asda sign, which of course would not be the case.

It is true that the traffic lights have been smashed but this is only by the small minority I spoke about.

Additionally, against most peoples' beliefs, Celtic supporters do stay in Larkhall. There is even a "Celtic pub" which to my knowledge, has had no problems.

If you cared to take a walk down Larkhall main street in a Celtic strip, you would not walk out the other end bruised black and blue, also, on your way through you'd see young boys, best friends, one wearing a Rangers top, the other a Celtic top proudly walking together.

This publication is brought to you by Larkhall Tourist Board.

...you'd see young boys, best friends, one wearing a Rangers top, the other a Celtic top proudly walking together.

That sounds a bit gay. Scotland's answer to Brighton?

Archived