Csaba to appeal touchline ban...

Dr. Bapswent

The footage on the BBC of Czaba doing his nut at the ref isn't going to help his case (though I don't blame him - the more you see the penalty incident the more you wonder how the **** the linesman managed to get such a great view from his angle).

Does the penalty get increased if the decision is upheld?

I'd imagine they'll make 'an exception' in our case, if it's not the norm :sad:

The footage on the BBC of Czaba doing his nut at the ref isn't going to help his case (though I don't blame him - the more you see the penalty incident the more you wonder how the **** the linesman managed to get such a great view from his angle).

I have said to that same thing to a couple of mates. I have watched the decision a few times and although there is minimal contact it appears the keepr does catch stewart. The ref is in a far better position than the linseman. The ref has to be 100% sure its a pen therefore for the linseman to change his mind he has to be 120% sure it was not a pen.

My personal opinion was that it was a harsh pen to give. If it was the other way around i would say it was a clear dive :)

i can see why lazlo was going mental - i thought stewart was caught, altho he anticipated it, there was contact

also if the linesman was so convinced that stewart dived and the ref has agreed with his decision then, where was the yellow card?

:107years:

i can see why lazlo was going mental - i thought stewart was caught, altho he anticipated it, there was contact

also if the linesman was so convinced that stewart dived and the ref has agreed with his decision then, where was the yellow card?

Because the linesman may have thought that although Langfield did not catch Stewart, he lost his footing evading the challenge. Therefore no penalty, no dive, no booking.

Good honest Scottish goalie Langfield said he never touched Stewart - therefore it's not a penalty. Good honest Scottish 4th official gets it in the refs report - it's an automatic ban for Csaba.

Why isn't McVicar all over the press and radio sticking up for the 4th official...

On an aside, I thought it was now a yellow card offence for a player to ask the referee for an opponent to be booked by waving an imaginery card? Why were no Aberdeen players booked for doing just that when the ref gave the goal kick?

Archived