Arsenal v Spurs

Del1812

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great game.......reminds me of the graham weir derby. almunia was at fault for 2 goals, hutton goes off n they score. tottenham were quite lucky though, 65% possession for arsenal. final goal came of the post and was slipped in by lennon. ref added on 4 minutes when i dont think there were any stoppages apart from subs.

GET IT RIGHT UP YEZ YOU ARROGANT ARSENAL *****.

4-2 AND YOU ****ED IT UP

4-2 AND YOU ****ED IT UP

4-2 AND YOU ****ED IT UP

4-2 AND YOU ****ED IT UP

4-2 UP IN Injury time -- remind you of any game ?

Just fabulous -- shows why Arsenal will never win the league at this time.

Poor old Spurs. Fifteen years and counting - and the last time they won away to Arsenal, it was against a Gooners C team anyway (it was in the leadup to the 1993 FA Cup Final).

:eek:

Oops! Delighted I put the mockers on them though: that's more like it Tottenham!

Thunderstruck

Maybe the Gunners should have played their Ladies team.

But, that's what I call entertainment. Good game, good goals.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Not over exagerating but that has to be one of the best games I have ever seen. It had everything, in particular players on the park that can actually play the game. Shows you jut how poor the game is up here. I used to scoff when the pundits down south claimed the prem was best league in the world. But some of the games I have seen this season backs that up

GET IT RIGHT UP YEZ YOU ARROGANT ARSENAL *****.

4-2 AND YOU ****ED IT UP

4-2 AND YOU ****ED IT UP

4-2 AND YOU ****ED IT UP

4-2 AND YOU ****ED IT UP

Couldn't have put it better

So in the last year or so, we've had:

Tottenham Hotspur 4-4 Aston Villa

Chelsea 4-4 Aston Villa

Tottenham Hotspur 4-4 Chelsea

Arsenal 4-4 Tottenham Hotspur

That's some going! Which one was the best?

Not over exagerating but that has to be one of the best games I have ever seen. It had everything, in particular players on the park that can actually play the game. Shows you jut how poor the game is up here. I used to scoff when the pundits down south claimed the prem was best league in the world. But some of the games I have seen this season backs that up

It also had some schoolboy defending by Gomes, Almunia, Hutton in particular :P:eek:

Sorry but can't agree -- 4-4 means defences were crap -- both goal keepers gave away goals -- it may be the most entertaining League but it may not be the best League.

A great game does demand goals but not 8 and at least some decent defending -- there was little of that on show tonight.

Sorry but can't agree -- 4-4 means defences were crap -- both goal keepers gave away goals -- it may be the most entertaining League but it may not be the best League.

A great game does demand goals but not 8 and at least some decent defending -- there was little of that on show tonight.

shut up

was one of the best games ive seen in ages too :D

So in the last year or so, we've had:

Tottenham Hotspur 4-4 Aston Villa

Chelsea 4-4 Aston Villa

Tottenham Hotspur 4-4 Chelsea

Arsenal 4-4 Tottenham Hotspur

That's some going! Which one was the best?

Hearts 4-4 H*bs :P

MOTD just started on BBC1 for us poor folks.

If you have internet then you can watch the game -- many people can give you info how.

No need to be poor !!!!!

What a game to watch.

Bentleys a ^^^^

Never seen an Arsenal team crumble in 2 mins.

Spurs want it more but Arsenal will still beat Utd at home and finish top 4 or 3

Easy done.

Spurs celebrating like they won the league

Haha.

What a game to watch.

Bentleys a ^^^^

Spurs want it more but Arsenal will still beat Utd at home and finish top 4 or 3

Easy done.

Haha.

Why do i have an automatic dislike for you? :sad:

Why do i have an automatic dislike for you? :sad:

Just saying the truth and I support Arsenal mate.

The blatent and honest truth

What a game to watch.

Bentleys a ^^^^

Easy done.

Haha.

To coin a phrase;

Roond ye.

Sexton Hardcastle

***** cost me 70 quid. Was cheesing when they went 4-2 up and liverpool had scored. But no, arsenal cant knock the ball about and hold on for the win. They need to fire it forward and try and score again. Proves they have a young team that lacks some inexperience.

Arsenal are as brilliant going forward as they are terrible at the back! Great game. Don't think Arsenal will win the league but i can see them handing out a few thrashings. On another night they would have scored 8. Absolutely fantastic football.

Never been a fan of teams celebrating draws though, the way spurs were carrying on at the end you'd think they'd won the world cup ffs :(

gorgie rd eh11
Arsenal are as brilliant going forward as they are terrible at the back! Great game. Don't think Arsenal will win the league but i can see them handing out a few thrashings. On another night they would have scored 8. Absolutely fantastic football.

Never been a fan of teams celebrating draws though, the way spurs were carrying on at the end you'd think they'd won the world cup ffs :(

Yeah two late, late goals to snatch a 4-4 draw, who the **** would celebrate that? It's a pity you've never had that opportunity, it's a lot of fun.

Sexton Hardcastle

Funny that, Harry Redknapp said it was liek winning the world cup.

Nelly Terraces

I hate Spurs, but they're well in celebrating like that, anyone whose 4-2 down to their despised local rivals and does them over in that fashion is going to go f ***** g ape/treat it like a victory. The boy that ran on and got smothered under the players was the total bizzo, exactly what footballs all about, going f ***** g bananas when you turn the vile ones over. Bloke deserves a medal, even if he is a Spurs c ** t.

Anyone who disagrees is either one of these gay new modern football fans who'd rather just sit under a travel blanket sucking on a sherbert lemon and gets all upset when people use naughty words or stands up in front of them, or a f ***** g disgusting hobo tramp who'd never understand what it'd feel like to have that happen for them, but would know every single bit of gut wrenching, stomach turning horror of having it happen TO them. You know what I'm saying. Happy New Weir:107years:.

Cheers.

Tucker.

Funny that, Harry Redknapp said it was liek winning the world cup.

Aye well it's probably the closest Spurs will get to winning anything! ANd while am at it, Players waving their arms about trying to gee up the crowd. Whats that all about? ****** off! Get on with the game ya *****, it's not the fans fault your getting beat!

What made the result class, was the buisnessman running onto the park to celebrate with the spurs players ..... utter class.

the stewards emptied him afterwards ..... bet he was late for work this morning.....

markletissier
***** cost me 70 quid. Was cheesing when they went 4-2 up and liverpool had scored. But no, arsenal cant knock the ball about and hold on for the win. They need to fire it forward and try and score again. Proves they have a young team that lacks some inexperience.

sure about that?

Aye well it's probably the closest Spurs will get to winning anything! ANd while am at it, Players waving their arms about trying to gee up the crowd. Whats that all about? ****** off! Get on with the game ya *****, it's not the fans fault your getting beat!

A) Carling Cup holders

B) Roond ye.

What a game to watch.

Bentleys a ^^^^

Easy done.

Haha.

We're you at the 4-4 game against the Hobos??Graham Weir?? Ring a Bell??

4-2 and you Feked it up song...Remember??

I celebrated like we'd won the league, Scottish Cup and the X-Factor!! :P

Are you Really a Hearts fan or a Kiddi on Supporter or Ershole wenger and the Cheese eatin surrender monkey's?

Christ, I knew Hearts fans had short memories but **** me some of the comments in this thread really take the biscuit. Are some so narrow minded that their dislike of an English team means they are unable to see that they are contridicting themselves?

Spurs acted as if they'd won the World Cup? Aye, just like we did when we came from 2 behind to draw with Hibs. We acted like we had won the World Cup (which, I should point out, makes no sense in the context of club football :)) when Weir banged in that quickfire double and we had every right to do so.

Now all you Spurs haters, shut your faces before you make bigger arses of yourselves.

Generic Username

One of the great Premier League games.

Detest Arsenal and I'm glad they dropped the points.

Spurs will be a much tougher team to beat once Harry has been there a few weeks and whipped everyone into shape. Don't expect much from them this year, mid table or there abouts but I'd take them as serious contenders for a European place next season.

What a Beilliant game that was lastnight.. Some cracking goals, bentley's goal was a peach, van persies also scored a great goal.. Probley one of the best games iv watched this season..

Only just checked this thread, and it never occured to me to recall the 4-4 Weir classic.

Being there, gotta say, the pace was relentless. Bentley was right in front of me and the guy was trying shots from everywhere and anywhere. Just so so uptempo, no player played a square ball all night - forward charges all the time. A big difference, in the second half, was the way Arsenal just charged through the middle of the park, Van Persie especially. It opened the game up and sent it to the next level.

As for atmosphere, it was alright - not like a Scottish derby to be perfecty honest, somehow I think Arsenal will never get back to what they had at Highbury - but the Spurs fans were there till very very late on. In fact, they're probably there now. A happy lot, indeed.

Deodato

Archived