Trains to St Mirren game?

suzie_preston

suzie_preston

Need some help here we have decided to travel to the St Mirren game by train for the first time, we usually go by bus.

So can anyone help?

What station is nearest to the ground?

Cheers in advance for info, hopefully :)

So you've decided to go by train, but don't know anything about how to do it. :o

Need some help here we have decided to travel to the St Mirren game by train for the first time, we usually go by bus.

So can anyone help?

Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow Queen Street then nick round to Glasgow Centrl for the train to Paisley Gilmour Street.

Guest jambomickey

So can anyone help?

go by bus would be my advice

So can anyone help?

Train from Edinburgh to Glasgow Queen Street then nick round to Glasgow Centrl for the train to Paisley Gilmour Street.

Probaby better with a bus to this one - by the time you get to Queen Street, wander over to Central and catch the next train to ****ley the bus would be there!

Save the train for our next trip Aberdeen, Falkirk or Murderwell. Far easier trip.

Saturday 8 November 2008

Station Arr Dep

EDINBURGH HAYMARKET 11:33

GLASGOW QUEEN STREET 12:20

GLASGOW CENTRAL 12:50

PAISLEY GILMOUR STREET 13:00

Station Arr Dep Travel by Service Provider

PAISLEY GILMOUR STREET 17:24 Train FIRST SCOTRAIL

GLASGOW CENTRAL 17:35 17:50 Train NATIONAL EXPRESS EAST COAST

EDINBURGH HAYMARKET 18:49

suzie_preston

Thanks for all the info but wanted a change from the hearts bus & don't want to drink & drive so quite like travelling by train & it's cheaper I think?

But will look at all the options now I have the info :)

Thanks for all the info but wanted a change from the hearts bus & don't want to drink & drive so quite like travelling by train & it's cheaper I think?

But will look at all the options now I have the info :)

Get a group ticket to Glasgow 4 people for the price of 2, so it's about ?4.50(ish) each. Then returns to Paisley will probably be about ?2;)

I don't work for the railways (anymore) and I'm not a trainspotter either:cool:

Get a long distance train ( not the Scotrail one via Livingston ) from Edinburgh to Glasgow Central. More luxury and no need to walk between stations. :)

Lived in Paisley previously for some time (local pub was called Corkers) -- loads of trains to and from Glasgow from Paisley Gilmour Street station -- decent couple of pubs under the bridge or back towards the town centre. Ground only 5 mins walk from station -- 10 from our end.

Have always found 10 min walk between queen street and central best rather than the long and winding route of the central station to Edinburgh train.

After the new stadium completed though need to get diff train to other Paisley station as ground next door to that.

Lived in Paisley previously for some time (local pub was called Corkers) -- loads of trains to and from Glasgow from Paisley Gilmour Street station -- decent couple of pubs under the bridge or back towards the town centre. Ground only 5 mins walk from station -- 10 from our end.

Have always found 10 min walk between queen street and central best rather than the long and winding route of the central station to Edinburgh train.

After the new stadium completed though need to get diff train to other Paisley station as ground next door to that.

Journey time 1 hour 5 mins as opposed to 50 mins. Nicer seats as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Used to live there myself many moons ago and Corkers was my favourite pub then as well, didnt used to get too much bother in it, not bad for a Paisley boozer !

Also took the train to and from Edinburgh for the footie with no probs for years, quite enjoyed the rail journey actually, quick stop off in Glasgow for a beer or two. Also met several other Hearts making similar journeys

Would argue that taking the train is actually better option than bus given the usual hold ups on the M8 through Glasgow and across the Kingston Bridge btw

Archived