John Boyle

Pistol1874

Motherwell are not alone in pandering to 'Old Firm Inc' regarding the 5% fee, but John Boyle really takes it to a whole new level.

Subject: Pricing initiative

Dear Sirs

I am writing to you with regard to the forthcoming fixture when Motherwell host Rangers at Fir Park on Wednesday 12 November 2008.

You may have seen in the newspapers that Motherwell have undertaken a significant pricing initiative for this game. Rangers supporters attending the match will be charged ?15 per adult and ?10 for concessions and children under 12. To this end, in addition to the South Stand, we are allocating the Davie Cooper Stand exclusively for Rangers fans and, more particularly, those fans who wish to bring children so that we can create a family friendly atmosphere in that section of the ground.

This is a bold new initiative on our part and an acknowledgement of the considerable support the Rangers community have extended by attending Fir Park over the years. We are also mindful that perhaps we at Motherwell, along with many other SPL clubs, have been straining the loyalty of Rangers fans by continually charging premium pricing for these games.

With all this in mind and taking account of the current dire economic situation affecting us all, we believe that a new look at ticket pricing could be adopted. We would hope that by radically reducing our pricing for this game (for example an adult bringing a child would probably have had to pay ?50 in previous seasons and can now gain entry for ?25), we can encourage more Rangers fans to come along to Fir Park. We would hope that the increased numbers would go some way towards deflecting the lost revenue which Motherwell would otherwise have earned.

Could I ask you to communicate with all of your members pointing this out and do everything possible to encourage a large contingent of Rangers fans to turn up for the match. The more fans that turn up will encourage us to extend this initiative to other fixtures in the future.

We understand from discussions with Rangers that the ticket allocation and payment process for the game has already taken place, however, in this instance, Rangers has agreed that any remaining tickets will be sold on a first come first served basis to members of the SPL away scheme through the hotline on 0871 702 1972 or in person at the ticket centre. Supporters Clubs can request additional tickets by emailing the RSC department. Such tickets will be on sale from Wednesday 29 October.

We look forward to seeing you all at Fir Park on Wednesday 12 November.

Kindest regards

JOHN BOYLE

Chairman - Motherwell FC

That is utterly nauseating.

And good luck with this part!

more particularly, those fans who wish to bring children so that we can create a family friendly atmosphere in that section of the ground.

who was that sent out to?

It was sent out to members of Rangers Supporters Clubs as I understand it. I got it from a mate who is a Motherwell fan and who is rightly spewing.

I could see it as a good idea, get more bums on seats and all that, a full ground brings in more match day money etc etc.

But...

"straining the loyalty of Rangers fans"

...surely the chairman of an SPL club should only care about the loyalty of his own support?

Fud. Certainly.

I could see it as a good idea, get more bums on seats and all that, a full ground brings in more match day money etc etc.

But...

"straining the loyalty of Rangers fans"

...surely the chairman of an SPL club should only care about the loyalty of his own support?

Fud. Certainly.

:bravo:

The man is a scroat of the highest order.

I had the "pleasure" of being his box host for the Uefa cup final at Hampden and the man's chat was 'reeking' complete up himself to$$er!

Cares more about the Rangers fans than he does his own.

What have Rangers ever done for away fans at Ibrox?

Stuck them in a small corner charging ?20 odd quid a ticket and having about 4 concession tickets available for the whole area.

Celtic charge over the odds to sit about 6 miles from the pitch behind a pole holding the roof up.

Cheers for that.

The man is a scroat of the highest order.

I had the "pleasure" of being his box host for the Uefa cup final at Hampden and the man's chat was 'reeking' complete up himself to$$er!

Cares more about the Rangers fans than he does his own.

What have Rangers ever done for away fans at Ibrox?

Stuck them in a small corner charging ?20 odd quid a ticket and having about 4 concession tickets available for the whole area.

Celtic charge over the odds to sit about 6 miles from the pitch behind a pole holding the roof up.

Cheers for that.

:eek:

:movethatass::5643:

:evilno:

:D

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Seems such a waste of money with resources having to get extra police in and admin costs and the like.

What about give them the whole ground and put up a few big screens in the surrounding parks.

The Rioters could have a right day out.

Its obviously not a game for Murderbaw anyhoo according to their loyalboyle.

This Slimy Bassa takes it up the Erchie at every turn from the

Rankgers S C U M!!

Probably quite literally too!! :P (Allegedly!!)

Fud

Sheer class buddy!

PML!

To read out that drivel written by Boyle followed by that response fair made my day!

Your right he is a fud!

Guest Dipped Flake

I wonder what the Motherwell fans views on this are??? Here is their chairman openly touting for more away fans to come and takeover their ground.

I cant believe they are going to stick the children in with that lot! What planet is this guy on.

It's their own children.

They'll have been dragged up anyway and won't learn anything new.

What a cringe-inducing sycophant.

If other chairmen are like him it is little wonder that the ten non-Old Firm clubs are unable, or unwilling, to stand up against the forces of darkness.

Mincing little weasle. Him, his fud manager, his crappy little team and their unemployed mutant fans were all made for each other.

I wonder what the Motherwell fans views on this are??? Here is their chairman openly touting for more away fans to come and takeover their ground.

My thought exactly, I expected to get to the end of it with a sarcastic suggestion from the OP that Boyle might send out this type of letter.

But no, it's real! :eek::boak:

I suppose the one thing you can say about Boyle is he has history on this subject. Didn't he practically offer Celtic fans the freedom of Lanarkshire a few years back when they were there for an end of season game?

Archived