jax and junior jax on nicholson street

boy_in_maroon

boy_in_maroon

how many remember Jax? and the infamous "The Bay City Rollers shop here"

sign on the shop window, always got my new wranglers and white skinners from there, the window full of they tartan white shirts, can any one remember the shop further down the bridges, right hand side going toward,s princes's street, accross from Allans of the bridges, they also had another in lothian road, the name escapes me, more upbeat than jax, :):)

how many remember Jax? and the infamous "The Bay City Rollers shop here"

sign on the shop window, always got my new wranglers and white skinners from there, the window full of they tartan white shirts, can any one remember the shop further down the bridges, right hand side going toward,s princes's street, accross from Allans of the bridges, they also had another in lothian road, the name escapes me, more upbeat than jax, :):)

Sky blue Stapress,Harringtons,Lee bags,Trench coats....oh suit you sir.

Oh my god, yes, and don't forget college jerseys, they had the two rings round the upper arm of the sleeve. Jax was the first place I ever bought clothes for myself - you've either got it, or you've not. (I didn't, and still haven't).:o

near the original Smiths shop in Bread Street with their SAHB style rugby tops

Did I ever mention that I wrote and performed the music for the Smith's Menswear TV ad in the mid 80s? :whistling:

I remember all these shops and B. Hyams. :)

B Hyams was b4 Smiths .Harringtons n Sta-pres purchased here alongwith 2tone zip-ups and college jerseys n Crombies . DMs and DM casuals from Barnetts on the High St.

TRENCH COATS jeez forgot all about them(make sure the belt was tied properly and not hanging down at the sides)think I got mine from the catalogue!!!!!!!!

boy_in_maroon
Cowan Tailoring?

well remembered, got a doubled breasted jacket from there 1975, and could not remember the name cheer's :)

alwaysthereinspirit

What was the store on Lothian Road next door to the ABC Cinema.

They had some nice stuff. At least I thought so at the time.

Bought my first Harington at Jax and as was the way back then turned it inside out for the all tartan inner. F@#$%^G thing had gold sleeves. Cheap $#!te.

alwaysthereinspirit
well remembered, got a doubled breasted jacket from there 1975, and could not remember the name cheer's :)

Ever have ye olde double breasted trench coat with belt folded neatly at the back? What did we look like?:)

The Wicker Man
What was the store on Lothian Road next door to the ABC Cinema

I think it was 'Berrys' 1978 'ish ?

Used to sometimes go to Thompsons of Leith or Mr Beaujangles on Shandwick Place .

Did I ever mention that I wrote and performed the music for the Smith's Menswear TV ad in the mid 80s? :whistling:

I remember all these shops and B. Hyams. :)

B Hyams, the only time the Sharp family shopped at B Hyams was when the Provident Check was issued.;) Only clothes for the boy, the sister wouldn't wear any Provy stuff.

Sawdust Caesar
Cowan Tailoring?

God, I forgot all about that place.

I got my boating blazer and my burgundy sta-prest from there.

alwaysthereinspirit
I think it was 'Berrys' 1978 'ish ?

Used to sometimes go to Thompsons of Leith or Mr Beaujangles on Shandwick Place .

Berry's that was it. Would never have got that. I love JKB.

remember wearing my brand new trench-coat to a hearts-dun utd game around 1975 hearts scored and the guy standing next to me who was eatin a greasy pie gave me a bear hug coat covered in grease was absolutly gutted

B Hyams, the only time the Sharp family shopped at B Hyams was when the Provident Check was issued.;) Only clothes for the boy, the sister wouldn't wear any Provy stuff.

I remenber Alan Smith who owned Smiths menswear, top guy used to have the company name stenciled on the back of the main stand seats. I worked in the bank he used & I recall he obtained for me, centre stand tickets for the bayern Munich game. ?20 quid a pop expensive in those days

Archived