Good time to play celtic?

bn jambo

With Celtic playing tonight against killie and next wednesday against Man Utd do you think it is a good time to play them?

We get a week to build up to the match they only get a few days and there is a possibility they could rest players against us for the champions league match.

What does everyone think???????

the jambo poet

yes defo a good time....they are struggling for strikers and only have McDonald and the young lad fit....and here's hoping one o them (or both!!) get injured tonight ....

I expect a few will be havin one eye on the Man U game too...so get intae them

C*lt!c are far from "in-form" If a team, say Dundee United, that were "in-form" were to play C*lt!c at their home ground, I would fancy their chances.

Us? We cannot defend or score, I think we might just be the team to give C*lt!c the boost of a win that they want.

C*lt!c are far from "in-form" If a team, say Dundee United, that were "in-form" were to play C*lt!c at their home ground, I would fancy their chances.

Us? We cannot defend or score, I think we might just be the team to give C*lt!c the boost of a win that they want.

That's the spirit......................................

it might be a good time to play them but as ever, the result is going to depend on other variables which are outwith hearts control. it would have been an even better time to play them had one of their few remaining strikers had the actual, proper, official rules of the game applied to him in their last match.... but no.... as ever, he enjoyed the benefit of the 'VIP' rules to allow him to avoid a red card.

yes defo a good time....they are struggling for strikers and only have McDonald and the young lad fit....and here's hoping one o them (or both!!) get injured tonight ....

I expect a few will be havin one eye on the Man U game too...so get intae them

Who shouldnt even be allowed to play I might add....

That said, I dont think there is such a thing as a "good time" to play them. There's time we've caught them at a "good time" and still ended up getting pumped. There's also times when we've caught them at a "bad time" and come away with points.

Its more about US than it is about them.

Apply ourselves correctly, play the right way and pick the right players and it shouldnt matter what time we catch them at.

If hed been sent off on Saturday I suspect they would have deemed the offence violent conduct which would result in him missing tonight game.

If hed been sent off on Saturday I suspect they would have deemed the offence violent conduct which would result in him missing tonight game.

it wouldn't have been violent conduct as it was a challenge. it would have been serious foul play. you're right though, perhaps there was no certainty that he would miss the next league game, i'm sure the rules are vague enough so that it could 'be arranged' for him to miss the diddy cup match.

it wouldn't have been violent conduct as it was a challenge. it would have been serious foul play. you're right though, perhaps there was no certainty that he would miss the next league game, i'm sure the rules are vague enough so that it could 'be arranged' for him to miss the diddy cup match.

It wouldn't have mattered anyway because they would have appealed.

Nelly Terraces

I'm normally well up for games v either side of the axis of evil, espesh the ira loving pondlife, but I can't get worked up about this one. A defeat is an almost certainty - forwards that can't score, given even the most simplest of chances, and car crash defenders - I don't think it's a case of a good time to play Ceptic, but for them, it's a good time to play us.

Can see it being fairly easy for the manky mob this weekend and a walk to the boozer well before the end of the game for the Gorgie faithful.

i say with in the first 5mins we upend scott brown get him rattled and same with mcgeedy

Thats the spirt, get Big Zal on their case!

cant see us getting anything from the game, struggled against aberdeen at home ...

Celtic play for 95 mins each week .... think it will be a doing for us ....

hope im wrong though.

Come on boys, a little bit of optomism.

Celtic aren't playing that well, they will be worried about not getting the uefa cup slot.

I think Hearts are starting to get it together the last couple of games, we have not played badly we just need to get the ball in the back of the net, and to be honest when alot of people on here think we are about to get humped we almost always pull of a decent result!!!

Lets get right behind them this weekend, FTC!!!!!!!!

Agreed, bn jambo - however, it does seem like the audacious act of questioning the veracity of the GFA turns their malevolent glare of retribution our way - would be very surprised if a game changing decision went in our favor.:(

Still, despite that, I expect us to beat them at Tynie.:cool:

mac, Thank you!

if we play well and don't put ourselfs in a position for a gfa decision we will win!

FTC

Arthur Morgan
With Celtic playing tonight against killie and next wednesday against Man Utd do you think it is a good time to play them?

We get a week to build up to the match they only get a few days and there is a possibility they could rest players against us for the champions league match.

What does everyone think???????

Yeah i was thinking that 2 weeks ago

with them missing most of their strikers and playing games all week, we have a good chance to only get beat 1-3 instead of 1-5.

I'll certainly be ****ed off if Cillian Sheridan scores against us. Saw him a year and a half ago when they played our under-19s, we won 1-0 with the big guy doing bugger all thanks to some close attention from Alan Lithgow and Jonny Taylor.

Then again, Marius Zaliukas does play in our first team.

coatbridgejambo

i have to agree :(sadly:(

i think its a good time to get them play 5 in the middle and hope we can get a couple off chances we need a STRIKER put in glen or templeton some to score mole not good and nade misses easy chances

Celtic aren't without a win in x games, so we don't need to worry there, but their form is not outstanding.

I think it's a good time to play them. Nothing to fear, nothing to lose.

I'd have been worried if Samaras was fit.

Say What Again

Didn't we have a good time to play them a few years back? The had to field a handful of youngsters - and ended up putting 5 past us at Tynie.

Or is my pickled brain playing up?

bigis semiauskas
Didn't we have a good time to play them a few years back? The had to field a handful of youngsters - and ended up putting 5 past us at Tynie.

Or is my pickled brain playing up?

Xakly!

Archived