Stevie Smith

Prince Buaben

Prince Buaben

Reported on Talk 107 this morning he is free to go in january.

Worth a shot?

Has massive potential nad been unlucky with injury recently but not any worse than what we have

Reported on Talk 107 this morning he is free to go in january.

Worth a shot?

Has massive potential nad been unlucky with injury recently but not any worse than what we have

I thought he looked a good player before his injury and would add competition for left back. I wonder if he's not fully over his injury though and thats why rangers are telling him he can find a new club.

Prince Buaben
I thought he looked a good player before his injury and would add competition for left back. I wonder if he's not fully over his injury though and thats why rangers are telling him he can find a new club.

Thing is Papac has been playing well so he aint getting a look in just now

jamboinglasgow

My flatmate who is a massive Rangers fans and has always held Stevie Smith in high regard. He reckoned that if he had not got that injury he would of been even better than Alan Hutton (and it would of been an amazing Rangers team with Smith on the left and Hutton on the right.)

I dont think he has been given a fair chance since returning from injury and to be honest it would be better for Rangers to have sent him on loan somewhere. But I think since coming back from injury he has lost his pace, which was one of his best atributes. So we could possibly take him but it could be a risk as he is injury prone.

i would be highly suspicious of why he's being allowed to leave. could be worth a one year deal to someone to see how he goes. why not us? our treatment table is as good as anyone else's.

Dundee United for him. Levein has a soft spot for players with potentially career threatening injuries like MacFarlane and Wilkie.

jamboinglasgow
Does not fit in with Vlads signing policy.

Next.

actully from, what Csaba said at a recent talk, it would be in fitting with his new policy.

I think his potential is worth the risk on a one year deal. So will Motherwell, Hibs, Aberdeen etc. Hell choose one of them.

Would be a good addition if he was actually likely to play and while I think that whoever does take a chance on him could well be lucky enough get a bargain, I'm fed up with this habit we have of picking up players who have one of a wide variety of fatal flaws. Whether it be injuries, fitness, mental health, general inability to play football very well or anything else.

I just want a normal player. Just someone who can come in and do the job they're hired to do, and preferably without any sort of drama or mystery involved. They don't have to be the new Pele and I don't care where they were born, I just want to see us pick up a couple of capable players for the positions that need refreshing.

actully from, what Csaba said at a recent talk, it would be in fitting with his new policy.

It remains to be seen just how much Vlad cares about Csaba's signing policy.

jamboinglasgow
It remains to be seen just how much Vlad cares about Csaba's signing policy.

I think it may be both sides signing policy. The idea of picking up young Scottish players giving them coaching and selling them at a larger profit (a 3 million pound player is what Csaba said.)

I'd love us to sign him in January. If he could stay injury free then he'd slot right in at left back.

He looked a better prospect than Hutton when they both made the breakthough.

Pinilla & Beslija are just 2 reasons why we should steer well clear, can we not just sign a player who is fit and that can slot right into the first team.

Too small!

Yes I know there are many good small FBs but I prefer to see someone with a bit of height and pace. Is he better than Delands?

We_are_the_Hearts

In the current climate we will be sticking with Wallace, Brown and Deland. Stevie Smith will get a better wage if he goes to the Championship. Doubt Rangers will still be interested in Wallace.

Pinilla & Beslija are just 2 reasons why we should steer well clear, can we not just sign a player who is fit and that can slot right into the first team.

Agreed. Why is it that any player we sign is injured or picks up an injury after a couple of weeks!! Obua played what 3 games and hasnt been seen since. Tullberg a game and half and out for another 4 weeks!!!

There are many many more in the same position!! I think pospisil or bednar went thru the same thing when they first signed

Charlie-Brown

Rangers debts have crept back up again indeed they may even be higher than Hearts debt is now .... releasing Smith is the first of several cost cutting measures down Ibrox way, expect to see several more heading out the exit door either sold, released or on-loan as they too must cut costs.

jamboinglasgow
In the current climate we will be sticking with Wallace, Brown and Deland. Stevie Smith will get a better wage if he goes to the Championship. Doubt Rangers will still be interested in Wallace.

to be honest I agree, Brown looks a cracking player (and can play both sides) Deland is looking good the way he is progressing but can be anther great left back. Wallace is hopefully starting to improve. So left back is pretty much sorted for the next few years (except it is a bit shaky this season, but is it worth bringing someone in for just one season?)

Same with RB. Jonsson (or Nielson) -Brown-C. Thomson.

He is an excellent player and one who has been cruelly affected by injuries. He would be an excellent signing for Heart of Midlothian.

I would try to sign this guy. Wallace has done a little better recently, but he is not a left full back and is currently the only option for this position.

I seriously doubt he will sign for us though, I suspect he will go to the Championship or League one in England.

Does not fit in with Vlads signing policy.

Next.

Don't know about that, but I wouldn't expect him to come to us if he had any other decent offers.

Drylaw Hearts
He's not on the list.

Maybe that list was compiled before anyone knew he would be a free transfer.

FWIW....

I'd take a chance on him.

He's a better player than Lee Wallace.

When i 1st heard he was being released my first thought was get him signed up straight away. Then i thought about it more and more, if we did sign him on a years contract why not try driver on the right cutting in like he has a couple of times and wallace on the left mid.

Any thoughts on that???

When i 1st heard he was being released my first thought was get him signed up straight away. Then i thought about it more and more, if we did sign him on a years contract why not try driver on the right cutting in like he has a couple of times and wallace on the left mid.

Any thoughts on that???

Further to that, what about Neilson up front and Zaliukas "in the hole"?

Come on, I'm sure that we can fit a few more players into the wrong position with a bit of hard work.

Further to that, what about Neilson up front and Zaliukas "in the hole"?

Come on, I'm sure that we can fit a few more players into the wrong position with a bit of hard work.

Wallace was left mid long before we made him left back. Driver would perform equally well on the right, similar as Miko can switch.

Wallace was left mid long before we made him left back. Driver would perform equally well on the right, similar as Miko can switch.

Driver has played on the right, and wasn't anywhere near as good as he is on the left. As for Wallace, he's also played left midfield and been pish.

Driver has played on the right, and wasn't anywhere near as good as he is on the left. As for Wallace, he's also played left midfield and been pish.

That wasn't your point though ;)

markletissier

driver ripped celtic to shreds in the cis cup last season on the right wing.

however, i think we all prefer him on the left, we need to find a right footed driver.

6 month deal with the chance of 2 years afterwards. He'd be on about ?3k? He'd not get near that from any team in Scotland outwith the Old Firm and us.

I think he'll be down the Championship though.

Archived