'Skippy' challenge on DVZ

Victorian

this was a shocker of a challenge and a potential career ender for the hobo in question. a stick on straight red card which of course, he didn't get.

one aspect of this is that he is still available to play in their next match, which just so happens to be us.

is it even up for debate any more just how unfair the scottish game is? any player for any other team outwith the OF would have been sent off for it and missed the next match.

when you have two distinctly different sets of rules in operation, how can the game here even be classed as a sporting contest?

this was a shocker of a challenge and a potential career ender for the hobo in question. a stick on straight red card which of course, he didn't get.

one aspect of this is that he is still available to play in their next match, which just so happens to be us.

is it even up for debate any more just how unfair the scottish game is? any player for any other team outwith the OF would have been sent off for it and missed the next match.

when you have two distinctly different sets of rules in operation, how can the game here even be classed as a sporting contest?

i agree shocking challenge and he will be a stick on to score against us

Same old shecht.................he's had a nip at the first guy, where he failed to win the ball, then comes in shin high with studs up to the next boy - that's a red card ALL DAY LONG as you might say ...........except in Glasgow :mad:

If that was even Miko's 1st challenge in the match, well you know what the outcome would be

Linesman right there too, was it Thomas Murphy by any chance ?

Say What Again

The commentator said it wasn't like him and he apologised straight away.

Oh well that's OK then.

Saw it last night for the first time, straight after the "tackle" he had his head in his hands realising what he had just done and it was a stonewall red card.

Then he realised he played for one of the uglies and would never get sent off.

It's sickening that his challenge and Miko's are deemed to be equal in the eyes of the referees. :mad:

Ah well, as long as he didn't mean it. The mhedia reaction (or lack thereof) to this has been sickening, if unsurprising. Once again it's been glossed over with the usual "it was badly timed but not malicious" line trotted out - as if that even made a difference in the first place, regardless of whether or not it's true.

Yet more Thelick bhias in the mhedia :mad:

agreed with Nish in the paper yesterday that he would have been sent off had he committed the same tackle, in fact any non OF player would be:(

i'm sure Miko would be run out of the country if he was to commit the same foul on McDhonald this sunday,

1 rule for 2, another for the rest of the clubs, things will never change!

i agree shocking challenge and he will be a stick on to score against us

Agreed - he's now guaranteed to grab a goal against us.

Jam Tarts 1874

I thought the worst tackle of the weekend was the challenge Mole took from a sheep as he was missing that great chance. The defender in question made no attempt to play the ball.

Shocking tackle. Worth noting that every Hearts fan on here thinks it ws a red card. If the victim of the tackle had been lets say Miko Hibs.net would be full of tubes giving it 'No sympathy for them, if he wasnt such a diving cheat the ref might have sent him off, blah, blah, I thinkt the little cheat made the most of it anyway, blah, blah'

Shocking tackle. Worth noting that every Hearts fan on here thinks it ws a red card. If the victim of the tackle had been lets say Miko Hibs.net would be full of tubes giving it 'No sympathy for them, if he wasnt such a diving cheat the ref might have sent him off, blah, blah, I thinkt the little cheat made the most of it anyway, blah, blah'

Give it time, I'm sure someone will be along soon to say much the same thing on this thread. All villages have their idiots.

Give it time, I'm sure someone will be along soon to say much the same thing on this thread. All villages have their idiots.

True but Lochend/leith appear to have an unusually high percentage.

If ra sellik and mini-sellik want to inflict career-ending injuries on each other, who gives a toss? Let them get on with it is what I say. :)

Not Lochend - they just all take it in turns! :P

Saw it last night for the first time, straight after the "tackle" he had his head in his hands realising what he had just done and it was a stonewall red card.

Then he realised he played for one of the uglies and would never get sent off.

It's sickening that his challenge and Miko's are deemed to be equal in the eyes of the referees. :mad:

Guff,so it is the Of are 3rd and 4th in the SPL crimecount so far this season with each having 2 players sent off,I do agree that SMcD challenge was shocking though,he did look a tad worried at the time.

Guff,so it is the Of are 3rd and 4th in the SPL crimecount so far this season with each having 2 players sent off,I do agree that SMcD challenge was shocking though,he did look a tad worried at the time.

A generalised comment which shows the leniency referees afford Old Firm players. And just because they're third and fourth in the table doesn't mean a jot. Imagine where they would be if referees applied the rules properly (such as the MacDonald incident) as well as the interpretation of rules which our own team has to suffer.

If ra sellik and mini-sellik want to inflict career-ending injuries on each other, who gives a toss? Let them get on with it is what I say. :)

And sure enough. Up pops our very own village idiot :P:p

Archived