Miko booking

davjambo

I'm wondering is booking miko for his first offence sfa policy. I cant remember the last time it did'nt happen. :confused:

Tiberius Stinkfinger
I'm wondering is booking miko for his first offence sfa policy. I cant remember the last time it did'nt happen. :confused:

Booking Miko for any offence,non-offence or wearing a Hearts shirt is GFA policy.

Serious question...

Has he been booked while sat on the bench YET ???

Booking Miko for any offence,non-offence or wearing a Hearts shirt is GFA policy.

Serious question...

Has he been booked while sat on the bench YET ???

I don't know, but it would'nt surprise me.;)

Csaba's Broon Shoes

The referee tried to justify the booking for persistent fouling by pointing in various directions however it was Miko's first tackle and really the ref made a right prat of himself of what he had let go before in the game for what was a tame schoolboy trip . Some of the lower profile officials are out to make a name for themselves by being controversial .

It is sfa policy to book him as soon as he kicks a ball.

The referee tried to justify the booking for persistent fouling by pointing in various directions however it was Miko's first tackle and really the ref made a right prat of himself of what he had let go before in the game for what was a tame schoolboy trip . Some of the lower profile officials are out to make a name for themselves by being controversial .

And some who have a higher profile as well!!

There's no rule that says you cant / shouldnt be booked for your first tackle.

What made a mockery of the fact was the fact that the ref seemed to make up a whole host of different examples of places where Miko had previously committed fouls.

Thats what annoyed me.

It was a daft challenge, and in the slippery circumstances a word woulda done.

But to go making things up and pointing your fingers at various different crime scenes is not on.

The Old Tolbooth
i assume it's only me that thought it was a yellow card offence then :eek:

It looks like it, it was never a booking in a million years!

He was halfed earlier in the match by a bad tackle which the ref gave us a free kick for, but didn't even speak to the sheep, then books him for a nothing challenge when not even taking into account the terrible conditions (which is presumably why he didn't speak to the sheep player in the first place)

Double standards and a total witch hunt by the GFA!

I was more concerned with Mackie getting off with 5 or 6 fouls and not being punished.

It just does not make sense, yet we're all paranoid of course...

Also, Aluko dived at least twice and went unpunished aswell.

be interesting to see what the card was for - from the Referees animated gestures it appeared to be for persistence - very strange when the foul Miko was booked for was his first one. Whilst a reckless tackle can be punished with a yellow card, given the playing conditions on Saturday I would have thought that a warning would have sufficed. It's a real pity that Conroy didn't have the bottle to book lee Miller for persistence - he committed foul after foul on Saturday and was only spoken to in the passing by Conroy late on in the game. Double standards at their very worst.

. It's a real pity that Conroy didn't have the bottle to book lee Miller for persistence - he committed foul after foul on Saturday and was only spoken to in the passing by Conroy late on in the game. Double standards at their very worst.

Lee Miller's "hand-off" on Karapidis' chin would not have looked out of place at Twickenham. The ref seen it, smiled at Miller and waved play on.

Lee Miller's "hand-off" on Karapidis' chin would not have looked out of place at Twickenham. The ref seen it, smiled at Miller and waved play on.

Exactly - Conroy saw only what he wanted to see on Saturday.

A mistimed forwards challenge in slippy conditions in the opposition half - was not dangerous or stopped a goal scoring opportunity! Yellow card?? Aye Right!!!

Now Considine almost halfing Miko on the half way line - THAT was a yellow!!!

MackaysCentreSpot

Miko got booked for simply one thing and one thing only on Saturday.

For being Miko.

And the scary thing was that it was so blatantly obvious this was the case.

Forever Maroon
A mistimed forwards challenge in slippy conditions in the opposition half - was not dangerous or stopped a goal scoring opportunity! Yellow card?? Aye Right!!!

Now Considine almost halfing Miko on the half way line - THAT was a yellow!!!

the Ref was inconsistent yes & should've booked others, but IMO Miko dived in on a slippy surface & gave the Ref a decision to make & that decision was a yellow card, can't argue with it to be fair.

Should the Ref have booked other, yes he should've but that's a different argument / thread

the Ref was inconsistent yes & should've booked others, but IMO Miko dived in on a slippy surface & gave the Ref a decision to make & that decision was a yellow card, can't argue with it to be fair.

Should the Ref have booked other, yes he should've but that's a different argument / thread

If that were true then the referee would not have felt the need to lie about it by pointing at various places around the park where he was supposed to have committed fouls. Why falsify the situation if the facts are justifiable?

If you can answer this point then I'll accept your idea that it was justified.

be interesting to see what the card was for - from the Referees animated gestures it appeared to be for persistence - very strange when the foul Miko was booked for was his first one.

For persistent fouling the ref normally points to the different areas around the pitch where the fouls supposedly occurred.

In this case it looked more like he was gesturing up and down the touchline, possibly to indicate that Miko's foul prevented a promising breakaway up their left wing.

Still not convinced it deserved a booking but I could understand it more if it was for that reason rather than for persistent fouling.

A totally inept and poor decision (given the playing surface) by a completely inconsistant (given the aforementioned persistant fouling from others) match official which should definitely be appealed by HMFC to root out the incredible urge ALL of these people have to book Miko at all costs ...

Did you also notice that he managed to speak to Mackie twice about his challenges but managed NOT TO BOOK HIM.

coatbridgejambo

their has definetly been an influx of bad decisions at h.f.c matches since vlad started to point the finger

their has definetly been an influx of bad decisions at h.f.c matches since vlad started to point the finger

Hmmm

MackaysCentreSpot
Did you also notice that he managed to speak to Mackie twice about his challenges but managed NOT TO BOOK HIM.

Spoke to him 3 times then eventually booked him on the fourth foul.

A totally inept and poor decision (given the playing surface) by a completely inconsistant (given the aforementioned persistant fouling from others) match official which should definitely be appealed by HMFC to root out the incredible urge ALL of these people have to book Miko at all costs ...

You can not appeal a yellow card mate.

You can only appeal a straight red card.

I am sure if this is not the case someone will let us know.

Miko got booked for simply one thing and one thing only on Saturday.

For being Miko.

And the scary thing was that it was so blatantly obvious this was the case.

Exactlyand it summed up the media/Tartan Army-fuelled racism that is prevelant with Hearts these days.

Hence why I believe you can be Tartan Army or Hearts - just not both.

Unless your 1st tackle is an absolute shocker then I would expect, with it being applied to both sides of course, that you would get away with a stern warning at first then next time your in the book. Miko's tackle was a 'baw hair' off being a splendid ball winning challenge and deserved a bit leeway given the conditions. You also have to view it in the light of the previous tackle on Miko, that looked worse from where I was sitting and yet went almost 'unmentioned'

NO!! "The decision to make" was a warning to Miko that another mistimed tackle and he was going to get a yellow!

His tackle was no worse than half a dozen others that had gone before yet Conroy didn't even issue a warning far less a yellow!!!

Sorry mate - victimisation pure and simple

Forever Maroon
If that were true then the referee would not have felt the need to lie about it by pointing at various places around the park where he was supposed to have committed fouls. Why falsify the situation if the facts are justifiable?

If you can answer this point then I'll accept your idea that it was justified.

from what I saw the Ref pointed to the touchline to where he had just spoke to Miko minutes earlier. Then the Ref went onto book him, in my eyes it went something like this... I told you down there (points the touchline) that I would book your next foul. (just the way I saw it)

Can't disagree that Miko get a raw deal especially since his dive against Scotland. But this was a tackle that I believe merited a booking.... You can't go letting challenges go just because of the condition of the playing surface, we should be questioning professional footballers that can't adapt to the conditions go sliding in taking a player out that was breaking up the pitch - thus giving the Ref a decision to make !

He didn't speak to Miko a few minutes earlier. He spoke to Eggert Johnsen. And if his tackle merited a booking there was a tackle from behind later in the match by an Aberdeen player which merited no paperwork at all. A player in the Arsenal v West Ham match was given a straight red for a similar tackle. We all know why Miko was booked. Pretending that there isn't an agenda about him in the Scottish game is ostrichlike.

Clubs cannot appeal against yellow cards can they?

In a word-"yes".

Conroy, apparently mistook Miko for Jonsson, who he had spoken to in the area of the pitch he indicated.

This is unforgivable for a well-paid, top flight official.

For goodness sake, the players have numbers on their backs for the hard of thinking.

I have no doubt in my mind that booking Miko, if at all possible, was part of the referee's game plan.

Just watched Sportscene and tried to understand how that wee git MacDonald was not sent off for his challenge against Nish I think it was.

Had that been Miko it would have been a straight red card and probably an extra ban on top.

The only time the Refs are consistent here is in that they give Rangers and Celtic everything every week.

Just watched Sportscene and tried to understand how that wee git MacDonald was not sent off for his challenge against Nish I think it was.

Had that been Miko it would have been a straight red card and probably an extra ban on top.

The only time the Refs are consistent here is in that they give Rangers and Celtic everything every week.

Think it was van Zanten.

Nish has been greetin' about it all day though.

Not seen it but it wouldnt surprise me one bit.

Think it was van Zanten.

Nish has been greetin' about it all day though.

Not seen it but it wouldnt surprise me one bit.

He went in over the top with studs showing but immediately apologised to the ref so that seemed to make everything ok.

Miko if you read kickback you know what to do the next time the refs about to book you.

it was a shocker from mcdonald, he piled through on DVZ with studs up and shin high. if that had caught DVZ on a planted leg it was a leg breaker. stick on straight red.

yellow card, the ref looked reluctant to give even that.

OF = immune to the rules.

Miko would have a huge ban for it.

Sounds like DVZ is lucky to have a leg.

every bit as bad as the infamous simpson tackle on ian durrant.

Drylaw Hearts

It didn't look like a booking to me.

But Miko has become an easy target for Refs and this is another reason why it would be better for us all if he left asap.

It didn't look like a booking to me.

But Miko has become an easy target for Refs and this is another reason why it would be better for us all if he left asap.

So the SFA win?

No chance. Miko needs to stay, play well, accept the racist element to Scottish culture and keep his head down. He has been doing this for a few months now.

Guest Dipped Flake
Exactlyand it summed up the media/Tartan Army-fuelled racism that is prevelant with Hearts these days.

Hence why I believe you can be Tartan Army or Hearts - just not both.

Absolute garbage .....IMO of course

Absolute garbage .....IMO of course

In your opinion, as you say, but I never miss an opportunity to have a go at the Tartan Army (a bunch of 40-year old virgins.............IMO)

I know you cant appeal a yellow card but hearts should go back over the whole match leading up to miko's booking and check that he never made any fouls (we can all forget stuff right?) and if it is confirmed they shoud VERY publicly bring it to the attention of the media to just see what nonsense the biased GFA come out with.

On another note in regards to Miko, I fear that having in the team now really is becoming a total waste of player. Dont get me wrong on recent performances I would definately have him in the team ahead of Kingston, particularly for the extra help he gives Johnson. But the problem is he is such a marked man now that every first half (it seems) he gets booked (usually unfairly) which leaves him on tightrope the rest of the game. Which in turn affects his overall performance. He cant go down for any fouls for fear of being booked for diving, it is almost like is leg is going to have to come flying off into the stand and we might get a drop ball!!!! Dont know what the rest of you think but maybe Miko's usefulness is up??

So the SFA win?

No chance. Miko needs to stay, play well, accept the racist element to Scottish culture and keep his head down. He has been doing this for a few months now.

Maybe...although to be honest I'd feel like a winner as well if he left.

alwaysthereinspirit

I just heard on Radio Scotland that Miko has been booked in the 27th minute of the Celtic game. :P

I just heard on Radio Scotland that Miko has been booked in the 27th minute of the Celtic game. :P

Actually 24th min mate, it's already in the refs report which is lying on someones desk at Hampden where I'm hoovering the carpet ( blue circles with aye ready sewn through it ....strange pattern indeed )

:sad:

Sergio Garcia

Mikos reaction said it all, it was as if to say what the ****** to i have to to to get an once of treated fairly.

Most say Berra acted like a captain by going over to him in next break of player and try and tell him to forget about it, and continue trying to play.

Blatant victimisation (both for Miko and the club) and never ever gets mentioned, really starting to put me off watching football some of these decisions.

You know when fans of Hibs and Motherwell are saying these decisions are appaling instead of laughing that its clear as day!!

What is also concerning is Bruno's booking in the Hibs game.

He got booked for embracing the physio who helped save his career.

McGeady today ran and embraced a sub, who has less significance to his career, and never got booked.

Why?

Sergio Garcia
What is also concerning is Bruno's booking in the Hibs game.

He got booked for embracing the physio who helped save his career.

McGeady today ran and embraced a sub, who has less significance to his career, and never got booked.

Why?

McGeady plays for Celtic

Bruno plays for Us!!!

Archived