The Get Velicka back thread!!!

Eggo

Guest Dipped Flake

Nade has a lot more skill than Velicka but I can't see him ever being fit enough to play a full game; hope I am wrong though. Surely there must be better strikers out there for us than a rangers reserve player?

I would carry him on my back from Govan.

...and yes, I would be dead before reaching Charing X.

Buffalo Bill

Velicka was signed by David Murray to work it up Romanov. It's quite obvious that Walter doesn't want him. I would not be at all surprised to see him emptied out of Ibrox in January as part of their cost cutting exercise. The way we are run it would not surprise me to see us signing him from Rangers for more money than Viking paid Kaunas for him. It's the sort of crazy thing that Vlad might well do.

Having said that he scores goals and he would be infinitely better than anything we have in that department at this present moment in time.

No thanks. Not for me. Nade has a lot more to offer IMO.

What does Nade offer more than Velicka?

It certainly ain't goals!

Buffalo Bill.... i'll take over from you at Charing X.

Velicka was signed by David Murray to work it up Romanov. It's quite obvious that Walter doesn't want him. I would not be at all surprised to see him emptied out of Ibrox in January as part of their cost cutting exercise. The way we are run it would not surprise me to see us signing him from Rangers for more money than Viking paid Kaunas for him. It's the sort of crazy thing that Vlad might well do.

Having said that he scores goals and he would be infinitely better than anything we have in that department at this present moment in time.

You think that David Murray sanctioned a ?1m player buy to upset Romanov?

Haven't there been stories about him being injured? That said I wouldn't play him ahead of Boyd, Miller, Darcheville or Novo.

nade and velicka may be a decent partnership. Nade has no goal threat whatsover. I would be happy with velicka back.

What about Andy Kirk!!!!

Signed!

One of the worst "pieces of business" in a couple of decades of Hearts transfers.

Our only consistent goalscorer since we flogged Hartley and Rudi, relative pennies pocketed, and not sufficiently replaced.

Will never return however. From his perspective he's broken the Romanov strangle hold, from Vlad's perspective he's sold his soul to the west

Charlie-Brown

Whilst i would like to see velicka back where is the money coming from? Rangerr paid ?1m for him 4 months ago...if chelsea have no money then...

The Old Tolbooth
Ability IMO.

Come on JR, strikers are paid to score goals, I totally agree that Velicka wasn't the most interested player on the pitch, but the chances we've been missing, and the loose balls that's been hanging around in the box this season he would have had a field day, and probably would have been one of the leagues top scorers.

Nade is a far better hold up player and probably does have more ability in him as a general football player, however he doesn't score goals and right now we're screaming out for someone like Velicka imo.

It will never happen though as we simply cant afford him back after der hun stitched us up via Viking Stavanger because they knew Vlad wouldn't sell directly.

Guest JamboRobbo
Come on JR, strikers are paid to score goals, I totally agree that Velicka wasn't the most interested player on the pitch, but the chances we've been missing, and the loose balls that's been hanging around in the box this season he would have had a field day, and probably would have been one of the leagues top scorers.

Nade is a far better hold up player and probably does have more ability in him as a general football player, however he doesn't score goals and right now we're screaming out for someone like Velicka imo.

It will never happen though as we simply cant afford him back after der hun stitched us up via Viking Stavanger because they knew Vlad wouldn't sell directly.

Which is why I think he has more to offer.

Agree strikers are about scoring goals, but also creating goals. Nade seems to have sorted his attitude and looks stronger by the week. His ability was never in question for me, just his attitude. For me, Nade can create openings and do the donkey work for our midfielders / other striker.

Agree we need a penalty box striker to put the ball in the net, but if we're going to spend the sort of money it would take to get Velicka back (500k? 1M?), then I think we could do better for our money than Velicka, and with a bit of luck we might get a less limited player also.

Drylaw Hearts

Bring Velicka back !!!!

There isn't a snowballs chance in hell Hearts will re-sign Velicka.

Not a chance.

Ever.

aye well done. Excellent points you contribute to the debate as usual.

I see everyone agrees with you again:p

p.s. dont let your small man syndrome take over,oh and yes...you were discussed again before the game on Saturday.LMAO:)

Guest JamboRobbo
I see everyone agrees with you again:p

p.s. dont let your small man syndrome take over,oh and yes...you were discussed again before the game on Saturday.LMAO:)

aye whatever.

Bring Velicka back !!!!

There isn't a snowballs chance in hell Hearts will re-sign Velicka.

Not a chance.

Ever.

Never say never,but it was only a suggestion.

Francis Albert

Strange that people only remember the last few months when Velicka scored a few spectacular goals and not the many long spells at Tynecastle when a common view was that he was just another "Lithuanian huddie" contributing little. Nade is a far better footballer and with full fitness could deliver the ten goals or so a season which is all Velicka ever did AND contribute to the general team play (which Velicka very seldom did).

His goals-to-game ratio is considerably better than anyone at the Club.

I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

How much did he actually go for? I thought it was circa 1m for him, however, that was subject to apppearances etc, etc. Therefore, it must have been much less.

In reality I don't really care, despite what some will tell you, the money would have went to Kaunas and not Hearts.

?600k I think, maybe ?500k

Anyone says that Hearts have benefitted in any way from the sale of Velicka must be on drugs...

You think that David Murray sanctioned a ?1m player buy to upset Romanov?

Haven't there been stories about him being injured? That said I wouldn't play him ahead of Boyd, Miller, Darcheville or Novo.

Certainly would not be the first player that Murray had brought to Ibrox against his managers wishes. Murray brought Gow & Webster to Rangers although Walter clearly did not want either and others were brought in when Mcleish was there that were clearly not the managers pick. I would be interest to know if it was ?1m that was paid for Velicka or was it closer to ?500,000. So yes i do think that Murray brings in players and yes I do think that part of the thinking on his part with Velicka was to heave off Romanov.

Strange that people only remember the last few months when Velicka scored a few spectacular goals and not the many long spells at Tynecastle when a common view was that he was just another "Lithuanian huddie" contributing little. Nade is a far better footballer and with full fitness could deliver the ten goals or so a season which is all Velicka ever did AND contribute to the general team play (which Velicka very seldom did).

He was initially a complete huddie

He was initially played despite being worse than our other striking options at the time (Bednar, Pospisil arguably EVEN Elliot - although Elliot was removed from being competition by his disasterous loan spell)

This in a nutshell is part of the problem of the set up at Hearts

However, his second season with his he completely came on to a game for us, and at a time we were (as usual) crying out for a "20 goal a season striker" he started scoring in more games than he didnt.

So he is the one Kaunas player that was originally played without any merit whatsover who "came good"

Not an international class player particularly but one that eventually got to grips with the SPL and proved that, when fit, he would score goals 1. if given the chances, and 2. from nowhere occasionally even if the team were not given the chances

And everything needs to be seen in perspective. No matter what are considered to be the merits or otherwise of Velicka, we are in a much poorer position without him.

And last season Velicka scored 14 goals I think, and that with being messed around in the first half of the season and being sold before the end of the season. I think he appeared in around 20 games.

Of course your post is geared to suggest we were (sorry "Vlad" was) right in getting rid of him, but the facts dont back up your argument

Guest juvehearts

why re sign velicka when hearts have mole, tullberg, nade, Gary Glen , makela, branny & elliot?

Their is a goalscorer playing in the reserves/ u19 in the name of gary glen, branny's not been tested yet.

why fork out money when we have players that havent been tested yet.

you never know unless you give them a chance.

Francis Albert
Of course your post is geared to suggest we were (sorry "Vlad" was) right in getting rid of him, but the facts dont back up your argument

It wasn't "geared" to do anything other than express my opinion about the relative meriits of Nade and Velicka.

Glamorgan Jambo
It wasn't "geared" to do anything other than express my opinion about the relative meriits of Nade and Velicka.

Agreed, we need a penalty box poacher to complemeent Nade rather than Velicka who while he scored a few goals drifted in and out of games and only seemed to be really up for the bigger games.

Drylaw Hearts
Never say never,but it was only a suggestion.

If you were going to suggest the return of former players then Rudi would have been a far better suggestion.

10 times the player and probably wouldn't cost a hell of a lot more money.

In saying that.....

That would never happen either.

:P

Oh well, I was trying to give the basis of your opinion that Nade is a more effective striker than Velicka some credit on a reason other than the proof statistics provide.

Factually Nade has done nothing to prove he is a more effective striker than Velicka. I dont doubt he occasionally shows "touches" that suggest he is a better footballer. However, in the equivalent duration that Nade has been here Velicka had proven he could be an effective striker. Nade has yet to do so.

I hope he does

Given that he cost a fee (Velicka didnt apparently) and that he probably gets paid more than ?16k a year (the alleged rate of pay of our Liths) he'll need to go a long way to prove better value for money.....

And to be honest, as I see it, he's got around 10 weeks to do so, before he gets hawked around for sale.

Agreed, we need a penalty box poacher to complemeent Nade rather than Velicka who while he scored a few goals drifted in and out of games and only seemed to be really up for the bigger games.

True

That double against Gretna last season was a huge result for us....:rolleyes:

Guest JamboRobbo
:P

Oh well, I was trying to give the basis of your opinion that Nade is a more effective striker than Velicka some credit on a reason other than the proof statistics provide.

Factually Nade has done nothing to prove he is a more effective striker than Velicka. I dont doubt he occasionally shows "touches" that suggest he is a better footballer. However, in the equivalent duration that Nade has been here Velicka had proven he could be an effective striker. Nade has yet to do so.

Depends how you calculate effectiveness though.

The simple stat of how many times a player puts the ball in the net, suggests Velicka is an effective player.

But IMO, it's how many times the team puts the ball in the net that matters more. And on that front, I never felt we'd acheive as much as a team with Velicka playing up front because of his limitations in link up play. Whereas for me, Nade (if motivated, and given a run) looks like he could create things for others as well as bagging a few himself.

Glamorgan Jambo
True

That double against Gretna last season was a huge result for us....:rolleyes:

You know very well that given our precarious position at the time that game was a must win 6 pointer ;)

Depends how you calculate effectiveness though.

The simple stat of how many times a player puts the ball in the net, suggests Velicka is an effective player.

But IMO, it's how many times the team puts the ball in the net that matters more. And on that front, I never felt we'd acheive as much as a team with Velicka playing up front because of his limitations in link up play. Whereas for me, Nade (if motivated, and given a run) looks like he could create things for others as well as bagging a few himself.

I think we suffer a bit from thinking that we need to have "complete" players to compete in the SPL - we dont

We just need effective players

Look at Lee Wilkie. He simply isnt a complete player, yet he is the cornerstone of United's defence and is a big part of their solidity

Velicka scored goals for us. He was the first player to score goals over a consistent period of games since Rudi and Hartley

Bottom line is that he was paid if not to score goals to add something to the attack side of the Hearts team. This he did by scoring goals.

He was no world beater, but then neither is Billy Mehmet.

Nade might very well turn out to be more effective AND better than Velicka but so far, he isnt scoring and we arent winning games with him on the pitch. By this stage in his Hearts career Velicka, a technically less gifted player and a player with less pedigree, had proven he could fairly consistantly be an asset for Hearts

Nade hasnt yet but I hope he does. He appears our best chance, although I would like to see Glen get at least some subs appearances.

That said, I'd rather our defence was sorted first. It is classicly the easier part of the team to resolve and build on, and we are manifestly not doing so despite the obvious flaws

Guest JamboRobbo
I think we suffer a bit from thinking that we need to have "complete" players to compete in the SPL - we dont

We just need effective players

Look at Lee Wilkie. He simply isnt a complete player, yet he is the cornerstone of United's defence and is a big part of their solidity

Velicka scored goals for us. He was the first player to score goals over a consistent period of games since Rudi and Hartley

Bottom line is that he was paid if not to score goals to add something to the attack side of the Hearts team. This he did by scoring goals.

He was no world beater, but then neither is Billy Mehmet.

Nade might very well turn out to be more effective AND better than Velicka but so far, he isnt scoring and we arent winning games with him on the pitch. By this stage in his Hearts career Velicka, a technically less gifted player and a player with less pedigree, had proven he could fairly consistantly be an asset for Hearts

Nade hasnt yet but I hope he does. He appears our best chance, although I would like to see Glen get at least some subs appearances.

That said, I'd rather our defence was sorted first. It is classicly the easier part of the team to resolve and build on, and we are manifestly not doing so despite the obvious flaws

Agree with most of that JammyT and I see where you are coming from. But I'm sure you'll agree that the most important thing is overall goals scored by the team, as opposed to how many a particular individual scored.

e.g. i'd be happier if the team scores 50 goals between them and no indivicual got more than 5, as opposed to Velicka scores 12-15 in a season but overall the team only scores 30.

And I still think playing Velicka always limited us to relying on him to score a lot of the goals himself....not purely because he lacked support either, but because that is the sort of player he is. Similar to the Boyd at Rangers scenario I guess....

I'm with JR on this one.

Velicka did an excellent job for us, but der Hun will want in the region of ?500,000. If we are to sign another striker would rather see us having a look for younger players in the 1st Division or the Championship down south with the potential to step-up. Surely we still have scouts?

Besides, Glen and Tullberg are still awaiting a chance. And I suspect Elliot will be given a final chance in the second half of this season.

I don't understand the clamour for strikers. Csaba has made it clear that he is going to play with 1 striker, and Nade fits the bill. He plays with his back to goal, holds play up and sets up goals for any of the 4 players in midfield tasked to burst forward in support. Or full backs overlapping the wide midfielders, as we saw perfectly executed on Saturday.

This formation/system has it's critics, but I'm not one of them. Given time, I think it will work a treat.

With that in mind, I would rather we spent ?500,000 trying to unearth the next Hartley or Cameron.

We are also conveniently overlooking the wage issue - or do you not think that Velicka's wages have dramatically increased from his time in Norway to Govan?

Or do we want Vlad to sign him for Kaunas and loan him back to Hearts at ?16k a year??

Players returning to a club seldom works - look at the abuse Neil McCann got from folk on here.

My view is that we promote from within - when they are ready. There once was a time when Hearts fans would give youngsters a chance and not boo them. Remember Naysmith, Ritchie, Locke & Johnstone getting stick from fans when they started? Nope.

Now we want Elliott & Mole out the club for not being Hearts class. Detest most things Hibs, but at least their fans support their young players (if only to vastly over inflate their worth so that they can flog them to the OF).

Guest JamboRobbo

Now we want Elliott & Mole out the club for not being Hearts class. Detest most things Hibs, but at least their fans support their young players (if only to vastly over inflate their worth so that they can flog them to the OF).

Ok, answer this one honestly. Do you believe either of them will go on to be stars for HMFC?

Elliot is the closer of the two IMO, but for me his lack of a burst of pace will be his downfall as a striker.

Agree with most of that JammyT and I see where you are coming from. But I'm sure you'll agree that the most important thing is overall goals scored by the team, as opposed to how many a particular individual scored.

e.g. i'd be happier if the team scores 50 goals between them and no indivicual got more than 5, as opposed to Velicka scores 12-15 in a season but overall the team only scores 30.

And I still think playing Velicka always limited us to relying on him to score a lot of the goals himself....not purely because he lacked support either, but because that is the sort of player he is. Similar to the Boyd at Rangers scenario I guess....

In theory yes JR

BUT

In a team with strikers that dont score goals, and in a team where we havent had a midfielder step up to the plate and score goals regularly we need some fecker that can score goals regularly wherever he plays and whatever else he does in the team.

Velicka would have done better than Mole, in both the striker department and the one up department

Playing a striker that cant score that often to feed midfielders that dont score that often is like playing a defender in midfield but it not improving your goals against column.

Whats the point? :cool:

Guest JamboRobbo
In theory yes JR

BUT

In a team with strikers that dont score goals, and in a team where we havent had a midfielder step up to the plate and score goals regularly we need some fecker that can score goals regularly wherever he plays and whatever else he does in the team.

Velicka would have done better than Mole, in both the striker department and the one up department

Playing a striker that cant score that often to feed midfielders that dont score that often is like playing a defender in midfield but it not improving your goals against column.

Whats the point? :cool:

Agree mate. Short term, Velicka can add X goals to a team. And as far as mole goes, my granny would have done better. :P

But long term, I think there is potential for more goals in total if we play strikers who have more strings to their bow than Velicka.

why re sign velicka when hearts have mole, tullberg, nade, Gary Glen , makela, branny & elliot?

Their is a goalscorer playing in the reserves/ u19 in the name of gary glen, branny's not been tested yet.

why fork out money when we have players that havent been tested yet.

you never know unless you give them a chance.

Not sure if your first sentence is sarcastic or not because you answered it yourself.

Archived