Cesnauskis

the king of hearts

the king of hearts

What is it with this guy? Has been at Hearts for the best part of 4 or 5 seasons now and seems to be stuck in an endless cycle which goes something like this:

Picks up an innocuous sounding injury (sometimes on international duty, sometimes in training but never in a competitive match for Hearts) and you think he'll be out for a week or two.

He then disappears for about half a season.

He then appears again for a 15 or 20 min sub appearance and looks the absolute business and everyone says "Chesney for RM etc...

He then plays the odd game off the bench, sometimes gets a start. He plays the odd blinder but more often tends to drift out of the game for long periods.

This goes on for 5 or 6 games and then bang, back to the start of the process, picks up an innocuous sounding "leg strain" or whatever and disappears again.

Weird.

Deividas Cesnauskis' Hearts Career

Played well on debut and scored against Kilmarnock.

Shows quality at times over the next few games but looks disinterested by the end of the season.

Plays like he has his head inserted up his erse in a couple of cameos for Burley and McGlynn.

Rix eventually chooses him as our right midfielder, Cesnauskis plays inconsistently at first but soon becomes one of our better players towards the end of the season.

Strangely finds himself behind Mikoliunas and McCann to start the next season.

Plays well in a couple of games but struggles to repeat his form of the previous season.

Injuries himself in the first half of a game at Celtic. Doesn't recover to play the rest of this season.

Starts the season still injured but recovers soon enough but doesn't get anywhere near the first team after not impressing in reserves.

Frail takes charge and Cesnauskis once again finds himself in the first team.

Plays three blinders in a row, but his form dips and nobody cares when he permanently losses his position to an improving Mikoliunas.

Plays a couple of times this season after finding himself backing up Miko (a back-ups' back-up).

Rips Aberdeen's defenders apart in 20 minute cameo, fans wonder if old Cesnauskis (Rix era) is back.

thought he was fantastic when he came on against aberdeen(for the short time he was on)a hearts winger who can actually beat a man and hit the bye line...granted inconsistent as hell!!!

Ever noticed it co-incides with Babyshambles tours...?

I have heard the same thing about Chesny that you may be inferring to....?

"sniff, sniff".

What is it with this guy? Has been at Hearts for the best part of 4 or 5 seasons now and seems to be stuck in an endless cycle which goes something like this:

Picks up an innocuous sounding injury (sometimes on international duty, sometimes in training but never in a competitive match for Hearts) and you think he'll be out for a week or two.

He then disappears for about half a season.

He then appears again for a 15 or 20 min sub appearance and looks the absolute business and everyone says "Chesney for RM etc...

He then plays the odd game off the bench, sometimes gets a start. He plays the odd blinder but more often tends to drift out of the game for long periods.

This goes on for 5 or 6 games and then bang, back to the start of the process, picks up an innocuous sounding "leg strain" or whatever and disappears again.

Weird.

Well observed post. At least it means we've got two or three games of Chesney at his best to look forward to at this stage in the cycle. Embarrassment of riches in midfield just now.

Chesney doesn't seem like a bad guy but has done little in four years bar a few good goals in the Scottish Cup.

I go through stages where I think we should get shot of him and Miko, but then I see a spark that makes me think we should at least have these two on the bench.

Driver would be a certain starter for me on the leaft, so it would be between Chesney, Miko or Kingston for the RM berth; and I honesty don't know who is better (or who is worse).

Buffalo Bill

Drylaw Hearts

Bin him.

In nearly 4 years as a Hearts player he has done very little to impress.

I'm sure I read he's out of contract at the end of the Season - if he gets a new deal it will be nothing short of a disgrace.

Bin him.

In nearly 4 years as a Hearts player he has done very little to impress.

I'm sure I read he's out of contract at the end of the Season - if he gets a new deal it will be nothing short of a disgrace.

In your opinion.

Guest JamboRobbo
In your opinion.

just as well you are here I thought Drylaw was speaking as the voice of all Hearts fans till you cleared that up. :eek:

just as well you are here I thought Drylaw was speaking as the voice of all Hearts fans till you cleared that up. :eek:

Thats your job isnt it?

Well observed post. At least it means we've got two or three games of Chesney at his best to look forward to at this stage in the cycle. Embarrassment of riches in midfield just now.

Is this a joke?!

Guest JamboRobbo
Thats your job isnt it?

if you say so. I'll check with you before posting an opinion in future just to make sure it's acceptable to the opinion police though.

Charlie-Brown
if you say so. I'll check with you before posting an opinion in future just to make sure it's acceptable to the opinion police though.

Well if you extend other people the same courtesy then that would be a positive start. :)

Guest JamboRobbo
Well if you extend other people the same courtesy then that would be a positive start. :)

ok I'll check with you before I post anything too. anyone else I've to check with? None perhaps? :P

I like Chesney and he can offer something a bit different.

Saturday was suited to him with the pitch so heavy and he showed that when he came on. He's so slight that he danced across the top of the pitch rather than getting stuck in the mud!

He "fits" the right midfield role best out of any of our right midfielder

Thats not to say that he is better than the others, but for the role needed in the position he plays it the best.

That probably makes no sense at all

Think that Chesney (along with a load of others) proves how pish the medical staff at Hearts are. He never had such prolonged injury problems before coming to Hearts. Same goes for quite a few other players.

I think that's only half right. :P

Guest JamboRobbo
Think that Chesney (along with a load of others) proves how pish the medical staff at Hearts are. He never had such prolonged injury problems before coming to Hearts. Same goes for quite a few other players.

And Hearts never had these problems before Romanov arrived and replaced the medical staff......

And Hearts never had these problems before Romanov arrived and replaced the medical staff......

Thank you for pointing out the obvious.

ditto. :P

Anyway what I heard from a few Lithuanian football guys is that Hearts had pish medical staff before and at the start of VR's time at Hearts and that a few players suffered as a result but... from what I heard the problem was that VR just replaced the pish medics with new pish medics :sad:

edit: were any medical staff fired in the first year?

Guest JamboRobbo
Anyway what I heard from a few Lithuanian football guys is that Hearts had pish medical staff before VR and that they "cured" a few players very badly. From what I heard the problem was that VR just replaced the pish medics with new pish medics :sad:

All I know for sure, is that the medical staff Vlad brought in were a joke. I don't know much about the medical staff pre-romanov, although I didn't notice HMFC having these problems pre-romanov.

How would Lithuanian football guys know what Hearts medical staff were like pre-romanov? Are you talking players, or Lithuanian FA people?

ok I'll check with you before I post anything too. anyone else I've to check with? None perhaps? :P

What do you mean "anything else"? If you are not (con)descending from your lofty cloud of conceit to have a squabble with someone about your right to have an opinion, you are relentlessly battering us all over the head with that same opinion, whether it is relevant to the thread in question or not...

Another problem with players that have come to Hearts whilst Romanov has been here is this

Players have had prolonged periods of general pishness at Hearts when they didnt have such prolonged periods of pishness before or after being at Hearts

Again this coincides with Romanov being here....

Cesnauskis's inconsistency seems to have cost him dearly, more so than other players. I don't think that he'd make our team significantly better or worse. He tends to be one of the big beneficiaries of the "Messiah Syndrome" that many Hearts fans have at the moment, where whoever isn't getting a game is the answer to all of our problems on the pitch.

Guest JamboRobbo
What do you mean "anything else"?

I never said "anything else".

If you are not (con)descending from your lofty cloud of conceit to have a squabble with someone about your right to have an opinion, you are relentlessly battering us all over the head with that same opinion, whether it is relevant to the thread in question or not...

If you have a contribution to make to the thread, feel free. If you just want to have a dig at me, do it by PM it's easier for everyone else to ignore.

Ever noticed it co-incides with Babyshambles tours...?

I wish, and I bet some poster that say's no to Hobo's does too.

:sad:

Vlad needs to make it clear to the likes of Miko and Chesney that he brought them to Scotland to give them a chance of plying their trade outside of Lithuania and selling them on to a better league for a nice profit, to both theirs and his benefit. If they are not willing to grasp the opportunity after 3 or 4 years of chances then he will send them back to languish in Kaunas' reserves for the rest of their career.

I have no problem with Vlad wanting to bring over Lithuianians and put them in the shop window but one successful sale in 4 years after about 25 attempts tells me that these guys should be reminded what the alternative is.

I've not read any other posts here, but i just wanted it noted that I really like Chessy cos he's rock and ****in' roll!!

The Noel Fielding of Gorgie

(dangerous player too when fit)

Dr Ian Malcolm
Vlad needs to make it clear to the likes of Miko and Chesney that he brought them to Scotland to give them a chance of plying their trade outside of Lithuania and selling them on to a better league for a nice profit, to both theirs and his benefit. If they are not willing to grasp the opportunity after 3 or 4 years of chances then he will send them back to languish in Kaunas' reserves for the rest of their career.

I have no problem with Vlad wanting to bring over Lithuianians and put them in the shop window but one successful sale in 4 years after about 25 attempts tells me that these guys should be reminded what the alternative is.

Cesnauskis has never played for Kaunas. He started at Ekranas (I think), then went to Lokomotiv Moscow, then Dynamo Msocow, and we signed him from there. He was already at a higher level than Kaunas (arguably a higher level than Hearts) and it shows - easily the most talented of the Liths, yet also one of the least consistant (in terms if fitness and performances).

He actually played some of the best stuff for us under Rix and then Valdas - the only real prolonged period he's had in the side after an impressive start under Robbo. If he stays fit, he could be the one that gived Kingston a kick up the arse in the sense that he has some competition at RM.

Plus he did those two seasons of Saxondale with Steve Coogan...

Don't know who you are comparing him to... raymond? :wacko:

...but saxondale rocks! :cool:

Cesnauskis has never played for Kaunas. He started at Ekranas (I think), then went to Lokomotiv Moscow, then Dynamo Msocow, and we signed him from there. He was already at a higher level than Kaunas (arguably a higher level than Hearts) and it shows - easily the most talented of the Liths, yet also one of the least consistant (in terms if fitness and performances).

He actually played some of the best stuff for us under Rix and then Valdas - the only real prolonged period he's had in the side after an impressive start under Robbo. If he stays fit, he could be the one that gived Kingston a kick up the arse in the sense that he has some competition at RM.

True. He was allready an established international and had a good rep in Russia. Think he made a bad career move when he switched from Russia to Hearts.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
True. He was allready an established international and had a good rep in Russia. Think he made a bad career move when he switched from Russia to Hearts.

Why is that then?

You seem to say that quite a lot, don't you.

Why is that then? I've always thought he was more suited to Scottish football than Miko but never seems to deliver as much as he should....very frustrating!!

Why is that then? I've always thought he was more suited to Scottish football than Miko but never seems to deliver as much as he should....very frustrating!!

I don't know why but it's obvious. All his troubles started when he came over. Could be just bad luck. On the other hand he had trouble settling in the first Lokomotiv team but they are one of the best clubs in Russia. Still he could have easily got good money and a lot of playing time at any lesser Russian club like he did at Dinamo and like his brother is doing now at FC Moscow. Plus the playing level would be a bit higher. That's why IMO from his and the national teams point of wiew it was a bad move.

Still I'm glad he moved to Hearts and yet like you say he should be doing good in the SPL but... very frustrating. Hope it's just bad luck.

Archived