BBC Electric Proms - Oasis

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Gavsy Van Gaverson

On radio 2 right now.

The first few songs sounded ****e but with the choir singing with them the last few songs have been immense, in particular The Masterplan, I'm Outta Time, Slide Away and Wonderwall.

Definitely be watching the highlights later.

been good so far, enjoyed it. Liam sounds better these days than ever.

The Drummer is fantastic an all.

Really? I was going to say he can't sing live anymore!

been good so far, enjoyed it. Liam shouting his way through the song list as per normal

Strange edit. A complete change of opinion.

nah not a strange edit, i still like him, all i changed was me saying he sounds great to him shouting his way through songs.

nah not a strange edit, i still like him, all i changed was me saying he sounds great to him shouting his way through songs.

Still I think he sounds awful, keeps finishing notes early and its annoying.

Here's me saying that after just forking out ?45 for a ticket to see them. :rolleyes:

EDIT: In saying that, I'm Outta Time sounds amazing with the choir.

The troule with Liam Gallagher is he has to appear to be an erse, just to fulfil the front-man rock image he is trying to cling on to. When he forgets and just sings, he has still got it.

Watching the highlights and am hugely impressed. Sounding excellent.

Oasis are the band of my generation in the 1990s, but it's good to know they can still perform. Bring on Murrayfield.

Just watched this. Having seen Oasis five times (IIRC) I am glad that I never went anywhere near tickets for Murrayfield.

Liam Gallagher's voice is shot and he knows it. He also seems to be abruptly stopping words at the end of a line, almost like he knows that he is struggling. The band don't sound as raw (in a good way) as they did fourteen years ago, they sound far too sanitised IMO.

Awful performance, tbh more than a little embarrassing, the Oasis that I went to see has now been consigned to history. Shame really, I did like them.

Die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Just watched this. Having seen Oasis five times (IIRC) I am glad that I never went anywhere near tickets for Murrayfield.

Liam Gallagher's voice is shot and he knows it. He also seems to be abruptly stopping words at the end of a line, almost like he knows that he is struggling. The band don't sound as raw (in a good way) as they did fourteen years ago, they sound far too sanitised IMO.

Awful performance, tbh more than a little embarrassing, the Oasis that I went to see has now been consigned to history. Shame really, I did like them.

Die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Liam always seems to sing live that way. Stopping words at the end of a line as you put it. Dont know why he does it.

I dont think Oasis have anything to be embarrassed about. Look at how quickly they have sold out their gigs throughout the UK, record breaking stuff again.

The new album is also a belter. Their next single Im Outta Time shows when they put their mind to it they can still come up with amazing records.

Liam always seems to sing live that way. Stopping words at the end of a line as you put it. Dont know why he does it.

I dont think Oasis have anything to be embarrassed about. Look at how quickly they have sold out their gigs throughout the UK, record breaking stuff again.

The new album is also a belter. Their next single Im Outta Time shows when they put their mind to it they can still come up with amazing records.

He may always sing like that now, but he never used to. Liam used to be an excellent live singer.

I was embarrassed for Oasis, I felt it sad and disappointing to see a band that traded off their excellent live shows throughout their career yet now they look proper jaded and past it. As for selling tickets, Westlife, Celine Dion, Michael Bolton, Boyzone etc, etc, all sell loads of tickets and they are rubbish. How much were the tickets btw? I was told but cannot remember if it was 38 or 48. Either way, money for old rope IMO.

I have not heard their new album yet tbh, I was sent a download link for the album a few weeks before it came out, and I never got round to downloading it. Tbh, I won't rush to download it now.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
He may always sing like that now, but he never used to. Liam used to be an excellent live singer.

I was embarrassed for Oasis, I felt it sad and disappointing to see a band that traded off their excellent live shows throughout their career yet now they look proper jaded and past it. As for selling tickets, Westlife, Celine Dion, Michael Bolton, Boyzone etc, etc, all sell loads of tickets and they are rubbish. How much were the tickets btw? I was told but cannot remember if it was 38 or 48. Either way, money for old rope IMO.

I have not heard their new album yet tbh, I was sent a download link for the album a few weeks before it came out, and I never got round to downloading it. Tbh, I won't rush to download it now.

Correct - Liam was an excellent singer in the early years of Oasis.

Check him out singing Fade Away,Headshrinker and Bring It On Down from Chicago in 1994 (on youtube). Amazing voice.

Don't feel embarassed for Oasis - as they sound as good musically as they ever have, just sorry that Liam can't hit the notes anymore.

The artists you have mentioned do sell out gigs but not to the same extent as Oasis have done. "Oasis' 2009 stadium tour broke all box office records when it went on sale this morning, selling a staggering 500,000 tickets by 3.00pm."

Their Slane Castle gig in Ireland sold out by 4.00pm, even U2's previous gigs at the same venue did not sell out as quickly.

My ticket was ?45 i think mate but for seating it would have been cheaper but Im not sure how much.

Your missing out if you dont download the new album mate ;)

When they sung 'I Am The Walrus' on the BBC Proms, I actually found it embarrassing with the choir involved. What were they actually reading off those books when all they did was make noises?

Don't feel embarassed for Oasis - as they sound as good musically as they ever have, just sorry that Liam can't hit the notes anymore.

I disagree. I don't think they sound like a "band" at all. They sound all fragmented and I certainly do not think any performance they are capable of now would rival their efforts in years gone by.

The artists you have mentioned do sell out gigs but not to the same extent as Oasis have done. "Oasis' 2009 stadium tour broke all box office records when it went on sale this morning, selling a staggering 500,000 tickets by 3.00pm."

Their Slane Castle gig in Ireland sold out by 4.00pm, even U2's previous gigs at the same venue did not sell out as quickly.

My ticket was ?45 i think mate but for seating it would have been cheaper but Im not sure how much.

Your missing out if you dont download the new album mate ;)

I am no expert on such things, but was there not a ticket sales record that Westlife broke? Oasis do sell out their gigs, always have done, but they are similar in that sense to many other bands, ticket sales is not directly linked to their current ability, or we would see big empty stadia when U2 and The Rolling Stones tour.

I probably will get the album at some point, I simply wasn't fussed enough to rush out to buy it, or download it right away. I have heard it all before with Oasis, a good few of their albums have been labelled much better than I thought it would be" unfortunately their albums have not been much cop for some time.

I thought they were terrible.The choir carried them.The new album is actually ok.Best they have done for years.But as for them as a live act.**** poor.

jack D and coke

There wasn't a bigger Oasis fan than me a few years ago but do me a favour mate. Its written by Liam hence the nursery ryhme style lyrics and it's ANOTHER Beatles/Lennon rip off. Its getting embarrassing the amount of songs they have now that sound like something else. The Importance of Being Idle is the only good song they've released since Morning Glory, there lyrics nowadays are generally complete gibberish imo. They even rip their own songs off from time to time. The motionless staring at the audience does my tits in as well, who the **** does he think he is. They were without doubt the best band of my generation but they've disapeared up their own arses. I prefer listening to Noel getting interviewed, he sounds like a top bloke and BH is bang on, his voice (Liam) is shot to pieces.

Chad Sexington

Liam's performances are actually really amusing these days.

I find his honking and bellowing, all the while trying to look like a hip young gunslinger, hilarious.

As for his infantile attempts at songwriting...Jesus wept! :sad:

Archived