Best team for Sunday?

Captain Price

Captain Price

what do you think is the best team for sunday ??

mine is: balogh, (nielson if fit or jonnson), berra, zaliukas, wallace, miko, stewart, aguiar, cesnauskas, nade and makela !

:cool:

Charlie-Brown

Impossible to tell until all fitness issues are known and also it's possible somebody could put themselves into the frame with a really good showing in the reserves.

Guest Fabuloso
Impossible to tell until all fitness issues are known and also it's possible somebody could put themselves into the frame with a really good showing in the reserves.

Yes - both these issues will detemine who plays next week - I don't think!

Horatio Caine

mine is: balogh, (nielson if fit or jonnson), berra, zaliukas, wallace, miko, stewart, aguiar, cesnauskas, nade and makela !

So..are we still going to be without Driver?

Malcolm Tucker

Kello

Jonsson

Zaliukas

Berra

Wallace

Kingston

Karipidis

Stewart

Driver

Aguiar

Nade

portobellojambo1

Haven't got a clue what the team will be, but one thing that I have tended to notice is that if we get a decent start against them Celtic are a side whom the 4-5-1 formation has been reasonably successful against. We seem to play best against them when we fluster them, and make them run out of attacking ideas.

----------------------Balogh

Jonsson----------Berra------Rapnik-----Wallace

Mikoliunas---Stewart--Aguiar--Palazuelos--Driver

----------------------Makela-----------------

Nade and Mole are NOT one-man-up material, if we play one man up, we need to try someone else. Admittedly, Makela is no Van Nistelrooy, but who else could we try? I feel it would be unfair of Glen to be asked to be the only man up top, on his first game of the season against them.

Charlie-Brown

Nade and Mole are NOT one-man-up material, if we play one man up, we need to try someone else. Admittedly, Makela is no Van Nistelrooy, but who else could we try? I feel it would be unfair of Glen to be asked to be the only man up top, on his first game of the season against them.

That is a desperate idea BH and unless we were decimated by injury not a move I'd advocate - Nade & Mole are far from perfect but they are a 100% improvement on this guy in terms of basic forward play - to be fair Makela can poke away the odd goal as he is a good goal sniffer albeit more suitable to a lower level however if we were to play Makela as main striker against C*lt!c we would struggle to hold up play and get out of our half never mind create chances - unless we relied on set pieces.

That is a desperate idea BH and unless we were decimated by injury not a move I'd advocate - Nade & Mole are far from perfect but they are a 100% improvement on this guy in terms of basic forward play - to be fair Makela can poke away the odd goal as he is a good goal sniffer albeit more suitable to a lower level however if we were to play Makela as main striker against C*lt!c we would struggle to hold up play and get out of our half never mind create chances - unless we relied on set pieces.

With respect, absolute nonsense.

Nade and Mole? 12 games = 1 goal.

Makela does not look a player, but he might, just might get a goal. If it appears to be desperate, that would be because our manager didn't buy a striker when we desperately needed at LEAST one, but preferably two. We got two goalkeepers instead. In situations like that you need to properly explore the squad you have.

There goes your understatement of the century right there!!

There goes your understatement of the century right there!!

:laugh:

So you are saying you don't see the comparison? They are both male, both are employed by a football club....struggling for more tbh! :)

Charlie-Brown
:laugh:

So you are saying you don't see the comparison? They are both male, both are employed by a football club....struggling for more tbh! :)

Both are over six feet tall? neither was born in the UK? both have quality although at opposite ends of that spectrum..... :rolleyes:

Balogh

Jonsson -- Karipidis -- Berra -- Wallace

Stewart -- Aguiar

Cesnauskis ---- Kingston ------- Driver

Nade

Makela does not look a player, but he might, just might get a goal. If it appears to be desperate, that would be because our manager didn't buy a striker when we desperately needed at LEAST one, but preferably two. We got two goalkeepers instead. In situations like that you need to properly explore the squad you have.

It's true that we'd possibly having a better chance of nicking a goal but that's hardly any use when we get completely gubbed 5-1 because we've got a lone forward who simply cannot hold onto the ball meaning we're eventually broken down then hammered by constantly giving Celtic possession and putting our defenders under pressure.

when we already had a perfectly good one! cheers Vlad

when we already had a perfectly good one! cheers Vlad

We don't know that. There's a difference between keeping goal against pish like Clyde and playing in the SPL. Plus the two games in which I saw Jamie Mac playing against Premier League opposition last season he conceded 6 goals.

EDIT: Oops, just realised you probably meant Banks... in which case, good point.

Balogh

Stewart -- Aguiar

Nade

That, IMO, is the best team we can muster just now. Could be very good to watch, too.

I think Celtic will play 4-5-1, because of their lack of striking options (a bit like ourselves).

I think we should play the same formation/tactics as the Aberdeen game. Bruno high up with Nade would be quite good for this game.

We don't know that. There's a difference between keeping goal against pish like Clyde and playing in the SPL. Plus the two games in which I saw Jamie Mac playing against Premier League opposition last season he conceded 6 goals.

EDIT: Oops, just realised you probably meant Banks... in which case, good point.

sure did! I've seen Jamie Mac a couple of times and he's looked ok, would need to see more of him though (same with Balogh and Kello though to be fair)

i dont get why people say we should be playin 1 up front!!!

we should be playing 2 up front at home and 90% of away games depending on wher it is!!!!!!!!!

chester copperpot
Balogh, Eggert, Wallace, Karapidis, Berra, Miko, Driver, Bruno, Stewart, Glen, Nade

Thats my team, just the wrong way about. :P

Surely its obvious our best side is the one that started at Hibs,other than Kello i suppose.

Why? Balogh looked very dodgey with regards to kicking, handling and coming for crosses against Aberdeen. I want Kello back, his kicking may be poor but at least he holds onto the ball plus his distribution from his throwing makes up in part for his poor kicking.

Why? Balogh looked very dodgey with regards to kicking, handling and coming for crosses against Aberdeen. I want Kello back, his kicking may be poor but at least he holds onto the ball plus his distribution from his throwing makes up in part for his poor kicking.

We can't continue to switch keepers. Anyway, Kello will probably miss the Celtic game, and besides he had a HORROR show against hibs, far worse than Balogh yesterday (in horrific conditions too, he dropped the ball once).

i dont get why people say we should be playin 1 up front!!!

we should be playing 2 up front at home and 90% of away games depending on wher it is!!!!!!!!!

Cant argue much with that (except against Celtic you really have to play 4-5-1 to stifle them)

But for as long as we have such poor quality up front I'd rather see us play with one poor striker than two poor strikers.

4-4-2 from January onwards for me. Provided we sign 2 strikers. Until then and beyond then if we dont get the signings, playing two up front achieves feck all but simply weakens our midfield.

Captain Price

OR..OR:

. balogh,

. jonnson. berra. karipidis. wallace

. chesney. stewart. bruno. miko

. nade driver.

The team against Hibs I hope - with either goallie as dont think its easy to chose between from what i've heard, seen. Agree Zal is looking shaky, but Kari gives us good balance in the midfield and is it a game to bleed Rapnik...? If VoH or Samaras are fit, Zal's physical presence could be important

Im up for my 1st game of the season, so hopefully a good show and if we win, you can all club together to pay for me to come up every fortnight!!!

Balogh

Stewart -- Aguiar

Nade

that looks quite good actually. therefore it will never happen.

Neilson! someone said......no thanks. We`ve got a good young, pacey and quickly adapting player there just now.

Peanuts team looks decent. Time for Zaliukas to cool his heels and put Karipidis back with Berra.

Can`t see it though, so it`ll probs be................

Balogh

Jonsson

Wallace

Berra ©

Bombscare

Kingston(if fit)

Stewart

Karipidis

Aguiar

Driver(if fit)

Nade

Balogh