What About Maybury?????

DavieG

I assume as at 14.30, no anouncement of Maybury signing, all the talk of him doing so was c**p.

If he is indeed a free agent, can they be signed outwith the transfer window?

Sergio Garcia

Guy (ARAB) at my work (i work for shipping company and he or myself have no link to football sources what so ever, so this is just canteen chat) seems to think Dundee United are going to snap him up today.

ToadKiller Dog

Dont think he is a free agent yet,he was trying to negotiate a deal to leave the foxes think he still had 6 months left.

Guy (ARAB) at my work (i work for shipping company and he or myself have no link to football sources what so ever, so this is just canteen chat) seems to think Dundee United are going to snap him up today.

Which Shipping Co. ?

portobellojambo1

Per another thread I think another couple of work mates have also been chatting E_L and come to the conclusion he is about to sign for Kilmarnock.

Given the three teams now mentioned, i.e. Hearts, Kilmarnock and Dundee United I would not be surprised if he ends up at one of the other two, even though Hearts have offered him training facilities.

I assume as at 14.30, no anouncement of Maybury signing, all the talk of him doing so was c**p.

If he is indeed a free agent, can they be signed outwith the transfer window?

He needs to free himself from his contract first though. If Leicester don't relaease him by 12pm tonight then he aint going anywhere..

Sergio Garcia
He needs to free himself from his contract first though. If Leicester don't relaease him by 12pm tonight then he aint going anywhere..

What happens if Leicester release him outwith the transfer window ie; of top of head 15th Feb could we sign him after that as he is a free agent or would we have to wait until summer?

Sergio Garcia
Per another thread I think another couple of work mates have also been chatting E_L and come to the conclusion he is about to sign for Kilmarnock.

Given the three teams now mentioned, i.e. Hearts, Kilmarnock and Dundee United I would not be surprised if he ends up at one of the other two, even though Hearts have offered him training facilities.

Yep me neither, but then nothing surprises me anymore to be honest!

What happens if Leicester release him outwith the transfer window ie; of top of head 15th Feb could we sign him after that as he is a free agent or would we have to wait until summer?

No, we could sign him. Free agents are free to move outwith the window.

Sergio Garcia

Thought so but just thought id get someone to confirm it!!!!!

I'm not sure about that.

I think they have to be a free agent when the tranfer window shuts in order to be signed as a free agent outwith the window.

Stand corrected but I don't think that is true. Remember Derek Riordan scenario - he signed a contract that ran out in October and Hibs had a stand off saying they would not release him...then caved in!!

I also remember watching some programme and they were folllowing Gary Bollan and he was driving about the country to get his release papers from somewhere (Brechin I think). he got them in the middle of the day on deadline day which meant it took the heat off him finding another club. BTW I think he ended up with no club then signed for Carnoustire Panmure Juniors!!!

Sergio Garcia
We have one terrible right back why must we go for another?

Because he is better than both our current full backs!

Because he is better than both our current full backs!

Is he ?

Basing it on his previous form for us yeah maybe but the guy has been rank since moving down south again.

Get him signed, he was good back in the day and even if he has lost a wee bit down south he will still be far better than the players in that position just now.

Sergio Garcia
Is he ?

Basing it on his previous form for us yeah maybe but the guy has been rank since moving down south again.

I dont think its possible for him to be worse than Jose and Robbie!

Maybury is no better than Nelison in my opinion so why sign him? He's an over rated wee prima donna with a bad attitude.

At least you get effort from Robbie.

Is he ?

Regular attender of LCFC matches are you? ;)

Maybury is no better than Nelison in my opinion so why sign him? He's an over rated wee prima donna with a bad attitude.

At least you get effort from Robbie.

NOT the old Robbie 100% effort spin PLEEEEEZZEEE!!!!!!!!:eek:

I think the answer is No, because he was a signed player with another club when the window closed.

Sambo The Jambo

I don't understand where this 'Alan Maybury has a bad attitude' thing comes from. In his first spell at the club I can't remember seeing a more committed man on the park than him.

Watch a few of the old derbies against Hibs, particularly those at Easter Road, and I think you'll see what I mean. Yes, he could be hot headed, but he was hardly a disciplinary nightmare, and I certainly never had any issues with his commitment.

Personally I thought one of his best qualities as a player was leading by example.

Archived