going on holiday to egypt - will i be blown up/kidnapped?

Quagmire

my dad (who is pretty well informed and normally doesn't worry) has expressed his concern...

my mum, who always worries (best one was me: "i've got a head ache" mum: "maybe you should get a brain scan" - not paraphrasing, literally what she said) is naturally planning my funeral.

i probably wouldn't go if i hadn't already bought the flights, and the girlfriend is pretty convinced it's safe as houses and would be pretty hard to persuade it's a bad idea.

so...can anyone tell me how safe it is?

You won't be blown up. However you will be shot. Your bird will also get rogered from a Camel.

Not good but you will survive. Good luck.

eddie fenwick
my dad (who is pretty well informed and normally doesn't worry) has expressed his concern...

my mum, who always worries (best one was me: "i've got a head ache" mum: "maybe you should get a brain scan" - not paraphrasing, literally what she said) is naturally planning my funeral.

i probably wouldn't go if i hadn't already bought the flights, and the girlfriend is pretty convinced it's safe as houses and would be pretty hard to persuade it's a bad idea.

very safe,went 10 year ago(just after all they french got shot)the security was 2nd to none,dont worry everyone is extremly friendly

Should we maybe organize a whip round at the next home match so we can raise funds to have some sort of commemorative banner, or possibly posters to advertise the dangers of Egypt? People need to know, this was not in vain!

very safe,went 10 year ago(just after all they french got shot)the security was 2nd to none,dont worry everyone is extremly friendly

Am I the only one who finds this post a little contradictory.....:rolleyes:

eddie fenwick

obviously security was beefed up after the shootings and from what ive been told is even more stringent,ie tourist police every 100 yards

obviously security was beefed up after the shootings and from what ive been told is even more stringent,ie tourist police every 100 yards

Apart from the Red Sea bombing in 2005 when 84 people died. ;)

:)

Still - I don't think having armed tourist Police every 100 yards indicates a safe place. Surely it indicates the opposite ?

Anyway I have been to lots of dodgy countries. No point worrying about it.

Try being a ginger Backpacker in El Salvador and walking about at night. :eek:

You will be fine. Enjoy it.

The Mighty Thor
Try being a ginger fudge-packer in El Salvador and stalking about at night. :eek:

One can only imagine the diificulties :rolleyes:

Egypt's a great place to visit. If anything you're more likely to contract a stomach bug and **** yourself to death!

eddie fenwick
:)

Still - I don't think having armed tourist Police every 100 yards indicates a safe place. Surely it indicates the opposite ?

Anyway I have been to lots of dodgy countries. No point worrying about it.

Try being a ginger Backpacker in El Salvador and walking about at night. :eek:

honestly never felt safer,not hostile in any sense,there is a threat but isnt there a threat everywhere just now

One can only imagine the diificulties :rolleyes:

Egypt's a great place to visit. If anything you're more likely to contract a stomach bug and **** yourself to death!

Some way to go. :eek:

for a muslum country its safer than most

Homophobe !!

honestly never felt safer,not hostile in any sense,there is a threat but isnt there a threat everywhere just now

I have heard good things about Egypt actually. Still it is better fun persuading Quagmire that his bird is going to get raped by a Camel....;)

eddie fenwick
Some way to go. :eek:

Homophobe !!

I have heard good things about Egypt actually. Still it is better fun persuading Quagmire that his bird is going to get raped by a Camel....;)

oh yeah thatll happen,ive no doubts whatsoever,it will happen while hes tied up and tortued with scorpians;)

i sphinx you will be ok as long as you don't go about brandishing pictures of prophets wearing bombs on their heads or go about naming teddy bears after them.

they don't like that sort of thing ya know.

oh yeah thatll happen,ive no doubts whatsoever,it will happen while hes tied up and tortued with scorpians;)

I forgot about the scorpions. I also forgot to mention that the camels can sometimes join forces and indulge in gang rape.

Happens regularly I have heard.

eddie fenwick
I forgot about the scorpions. I also forgot to mention that the camels can sometimes join forces and indulge in gang rape.

Happens regularly I have heard.

she,ll end up a camel bitch and dont even get me started on snakes and where his tortuers will put them

creag owes me one...maybe he should do it?

On what other forum would folk end up owing each other commemorative parachute jumps, got to love it.

Personally I can't imagine why you would want to go there anyway, not my scene! Too damn hot for a start

On what other forum would folk end up owing each other commemorative parachute jumps, got to love it.

Personally I can't imagine why you would want to go there anyway, not my scene! Too damn hot for a start

Agreed, if you want heat go to the Canaries or Cyprus at this time of year. Why anybody wants to go to Egypt is beyond me. Apart from the Pyramids what else can it offer apart from a security guard every 100 yards.

Billy Connolly said the whole place smells like shyt and I'd be inclined to think he's probably right.

The place is like 40 degrees in winter.

Generic Username
Agreed, if you want heat go to the Canaries or Cyprus at this time of year. Why anybody wants to go to Egypt is beyond me. Apart from the Pyramids what else can it offer apart from a security guard every 100 yards.

Discounted electrical goods from the 80's and an endless supply of "RELAX" t-shirts.

It's a super modern place.

Oh dear. I'm sure you'll be fine and there isn't even the remotest chance that you'll be kidnapped and anally raped by bedouin tribesmen.

Just remember, you're only gay if you push back.

it was only french that where killed

Archived