New Doctor Who?

Flux

David Tennant's real name is David MacDonald.

FACT

(useless one mind you)

One programme i can't stand is Doctor Who.

One programme i can't stand is Doctor Who.

Ditto, most BBC series in that vein are utter p1sh.

Saw a bit of that Merlin the day, was total baws.

It's a disgrace the state of their programs when you think we're paying for them..

It's a disgrace the state of their programs when you think we're paying for them..

Still enjoy eastenders though!!!

what a pile of keech

its one thing not to enjoy the programs but to suggest they are pish simply cos they aren't your taste is utter balls

Dr who is one of the best made programmes on the beeb, and among the few worth paying the licence fee for.

i take more offence at brain numbing programming, that actually IS pish, and downright lazy tv, reality shows.

i know that channel 4 & itv are far bigger purveyors of that than the beeb, but you know what i mean i'm sure

soaps are just as bad in my opinion though

I'm not saying it's because they're not my taste, but I think for a start the quality of the acting in certain programs is well below par

Keep arguing girls...

There's no new Doctor, David Tennant will be playing the Doctor in a series of specials next year, with guest companions in each one. Longer shows, bigger individual budgets, like the Christmas specials, but spaced out throughout the year.

Season five will air in 2010 and Steven Moffatt, who wrote some of the best episodes of Nu Who, Blink, The Girl in the Fireplace, will take over from RTD as show runner. It's in good hands. These people love Who, as does David Tennant and that's why I can't see him leaving any time soon. It may not be your taste, but it's got high production values, great scripts, sets, effects, great actors (if not Tennant, although I think he's brilliant, some of the supporting actors are amongst the best actors in Britian, John Simm, Alex Kingston, Zoe Wannamaker, Richard Wilson, Derek Jacobi).

It's fantastic family entertainment.

Archived