we must play two strikers v the tic

south morocco

south morocco

otherwise we willl lose ,which two i dont know but the one up is rubbish and they will punish us for it ,any two ,i dont care as long as we have a go against them,your thoughts please?

Guest jambomickey
otherwise we willl lose ,which two i dont know but the one up is rubbish and they will punish us for it ,any two ,i dont care as long as we have a go against them,your thoughts please?

i'd like to see us going 4-4-2 against them aswell and just go for it! nade and glen for me.

Crabbe and Robertson.

If only!

WE WEREN'T ALLOWED TO WIN EVEN WHEN CELTIC WERE NOT A THREAT TO THE GFA THAT OFTEN

mole does enough runing off the ball and nade is good holding it up, think they could be a good partnership or glen and nade. put karipidis in defence for zal and leave stewart and aguiar in centre mid and try 4-4-2. if we want to win games we need to score more and we havent scored many recently.

Do we even have 2 strikers? :rolleyes: It doesn't matter whether we play lone striker or 2 up front if neither of them can put the ball in the back of the net anyway

Nucky Thompson
It will never happen Ian:rolleyes: How's business mate? I saw Rab C last week.

Guest jambomickey
Do we even have 2 strikers? :rolleyes: It doesn't matter whether we play lone striker or 2 up front if neither of them can put the ball in the back of the net anyway

what about nade and glen? my team if everybody fit balogh, jonsson, berra, karapidis, wallace, aguiar, stewart, cesnauskas, driver, nade, glen

In an ideal world I think we could do well against them with two up front as we'd cope well enough in other areas of the park...but which two?

There's a definite improvement in Nade, Mole isn't as bad as some make him out to be but still isn't quite good enough imho, Makela....as a sub if absolutely need be but I think he's even less capable than Mole...Glen hasn't been great recently and while he might well come good for us, I don't think an OF game is the place to chuck him in...not from the start anyway....and Tullberg is still an unknown quantity to all intents and purposes.

I just don't know. I said last week at the derby that I would rather have seen Miko come on as a striker than any of the options we had available to us....They work hard but I'm just not convinced that they're goalscorers I suppose.

what about nade and glen? my team if everybody fit balogh, jonsson, berra, karapidis, wallace, aguiar, stewart, cesnauskas, driver, nade, glen

It would have to be Glen by proxy. I still *really* don't rate Nade, he's just too reminiscent of past donkey strikers we've had.

penalty to celtic glen sent off, thats the way i see it, jeeze we werent allowed to win with the 05/06 team till it was all over by the GFA

Guest jambomickey
It would have to be Glen by proxy. I still *really* don't rate Nade, he's just too reminiscent of past donkey strikers we've had.

he's the best we've got just now though louise

Where are we going to find one striker never mind two, as I have said in the past two strikers are the missing pieces in the jigsaw.

Grumpy.

letsalllaughathobos

spot on with that team.

but i think it ill be the same again.

hope he changes it a bit though

he's the best we've got just now though louise

Hmm sad state of affairs, you're right, possibly if Celtic play skinny defenders he could just power straight through them :rolleyes:

Guest jambomickey
Hmm sad state of affairs, you're right, possibly if Celtic play skinny defenders he could just power straight through them :rolleyes:

we all knew we needed to sign a striker before the window shut but our owner didn't get one signed, hopefully come january we'll get a proven goalscorer in though! still think nade could trouble mcmanus and caldwell though louise

I wouldnt !!!

For a start we havent got a good enough pairing to give them a serious problem to think about

I'd go in there and dominate the centre midfield, because if you do that Celtic do not have enough of a goal threat to trouble you. We've got a good enough midfield pairing to give them a problem and we've got pace in the wide areas if Chesney and Driver start.

If we play 2 up we'll end up playing long ball down the throat of McManus and Caldwell. Lets play a bit of football in the middle of the park, keep it safe at the back and see what their defence is like on the deck when people are running at them.

we all knew we needed to sign a striker before the window shut but our owner didn't get one signed, hopefully come january we'll get a proven goalscorer in though! still think nade could trouble mcmanus and caldwell though louise

Maybe, still think they're going to be a bit too tricky for him though, different kettle of fish to Jones and Bamba last week.

However if Nade comes on and scores a hat trick I will happily admit you were right :)

Guest jambomickey
Maybe, still think they're going to be a bit too tricky for him though, different kettle of fish to Jones and Bamba last week.

However if Nade comes on and scores a hat trick I will happily admit you were right :)

will you buy me a drink?

i'd like to see us going 4-4-2 against them aswell and just go for it! nade and glen for me.

was just thinking that mate. Nade has put in a good shift last few games and I reckon Glen would do a good job feeding off him and nick a few goals. Best option we have at the moment imo.

was just thinking that mate. Nade has put in a good shift last few games and I reckon Glen would do a good job feeding off him and nick a few goals. Best option we have at the moment imo.

442 us? Dream on

442 us? Dream on

I know its unlikey/never going to happen but imo I think it would definately see us grab a few more goals.

I'm all for playing 2 up-top.

Nade looks as though he's playing for the shirt and could link up well with another striker.

Who though is the conundrum!!

I would love to see us playing 2 up top regularly but not against Celtic next week.

From last weeks game and from what I have heard about today it sounds like the 5 man midfield (particularly when Driver comes back) is starting to really click and dominate in games.

I would leave it as it is for next week and hope that Nade gets some conditions that adhere to his playing style more than they did today.

I wouldnt !!!

For a start we havent got a good enough pairing to give them a serious problem to think about

I'd go in there and dominate the centre midfield, because if you do that Celtic do not have enough of a goal threat to trouble you. We've got a good enough midfield pairing to give them a problem and we've got pace in the wide areas if Chesney and Driver start.

If we play 2 up we'll end up playing long ball down the throat of McManus and Caldwell. Lets play a bit of football in the middle of the park, keep it safe at the back and see what their defence is like on the deck when people are running at them.

I would love to see us playing 2 up top regularly but not against Celtic next week.

From last weeks game and from what I have heard about today it sounds like the 5 man midfield (particularly when Driver comes back) is starting to really click and dominate in games.

I would leave it as it is for next week and hope that Nade gets some conditions that adhere to his playing style more than they did today.

Was thinking the same thing, if we dominate the midfield we can give them problems especially if Vinegar of Posselbank and Samaras are still injured they're left with a couple of leprachauns and an inexperienced youngster up front

Libertonian_II

Dear Csaba

You played Palazuelos and Mikoliunus today, only because you had to. They proved why they are not first team regulars.

Can you do same with Gary Glen, then they we won't have to listen all those 'managers' who think he's a player, based on what I don't know

I think that Aguiar and Nade should be the 2 for next week. We are creating more chances with those 2 up front for us (well until they both tire).

Agreed.

5 accross the middle with Driver and Kingston pushing on is the way to go against Sellick.

We don't even have 2 decent strikers to choose from. I'd rather play another midfielder than Makela or Mole.

Archived