gary glen

letsalllaughathobos

letsalllaughathobos

i have been to every game this season.

i'm no coach but the lad deserves a shout against.

we are desprate for a goalscorer and it wont do any harm putting in the team.

well, i like him but does he fit into Hearts style just now? One up top isn`t taking advantage of GG`s talent IMO.

I`m a two up top man but Nade is clearly the best player for holding up the ball.

Then again, Glen wasn`t bad at the tail end of last season when he played there was he?

I`m afraid there`s no room for two forwards in our style just now but surely he`s good enough for the bench incase we need to change it during games?

letsalllaughathobos
well, i like him but does he fit into Hearts style just now? One up top isn`t taking advantage of GG`s talent IMO.

I`m a two up top man but Nade is clearly the best player for holding up the ball.

Then again, Glen wasn`t bad at the tail end of last season when he played there was he?

I`m afraid there`s no room for two forwards in our style just now but surely he`s good enough for the bench incase we need to change it during games?

tottaly agree with you.

i would have oved for him to have come on today instead of mole.

damn i would have rather have seen clum come on instead of mole.

i would bring clum back till january if his atttude hasn't changed sack him in january.

letsalllaughathobos
Haven't you heard? The lad is a disgrace apparently. Csaba said so at the fans meeting the other week.

i could'nt care how much of a tool he is off the park.

i am only bothered what he does on the park.

He's obviously been screwing Laszlo's wife or something. What else could explain him being behind Makela, Toolbar and The Mole in the pecking order. Utter madness.

Haven't you heard? The lad is a disgrace apparently. Csaba said so at the fans meeting the other week.

a disgrace ??? in what context explain please

Heard he has been banished to reservesfot 3 months formoaning to laslo about not getting a game

letsalllaughathobos

just think we are staring at the bottom six again.

if we dont do something now.

we have gone four games without a win now and i cant see it changing unless we get someone who can score.

in the last four games with a goalscorer we would have spanked these teams with the amount of chances we have created.

letsalllaughathobos
Heard he has been banished to reservesfot 3 months formoaning to laslo about not getting a game

i hope that's not the case.

jack D and coke
a disgrace ??? in what context explain please

I'm not sure but i'm as baffled as the next man why he cant get near the 1st team. Csaba said at the fans meeting a few weeks ago that he was a disgrace when quizzed why Glen wasn't getting a look in. Apparently he got really angry and basically slated the lad to the astonishment of the fans present. You'll find the thread if you search the terrace a few pages on from here. Nothing really been said about it since i dont think but it was a hot topic for a few days on here.

Threads called 'Csaba Tonight'

Glen is as said away with the u19 squad who today qualified for the next stage of their tournament.

As far as I can tell he hasnt really been playing with Griffiths (Livi), Macdonald (Burnley) and Stirling (huns) the preferred strikers, even a dundee utd player on loan at forfar seems to be more in favour.

Maybe Laszlo was onto something:eek:

Jonny Brown is the only other jambo at the tournament and has been the first choice right back.

Has GG been scoring loads of goals for the reserves?

I don't think so, however I feel it is a moot point.

Had our forwards been performing, then those out of the team need to work harder and do more to earn their chance. Given the misfiring strikers we have and the complete absence of goals, it is completely remiss of Laszlo to try the ONLY player that was scoring for us at the end of last season.

Ignorance from the coach that is costing the team.

I watch nearly all the reserve games and, to be honest, Gary hasn't looked as good as he did last season. I like him, but I think he has a bit to go before he gets back in the first team. I've said this before but it bears repeating. When he and Mole played topgether in the reserves last season Mole looked the better of the two.

He's out in the cold because Vlad says so simple as that.

And you know this, how?????????????? I think you'll find that the decision is purely Csaba's and is based on performance and current form.

Seymour M Hersh

He's only had about 3 half hours of football this season. Since he has been in the 1st team squad he has been not getting regular reserve games in case of injury.

I watch nearly all the reserve games and, to be honest, Gary hasn't looked as good as he did last season. I like him, but I think he has a bit to go before he gets back in the first team. I've said this before but it bears repeating. When he and Mole played topgether in the reserves last season Mole looked the better of the two.

That is not enough to mean that Mole gets umpteen chances and Glen gets zero. I can accept the above at the start of the season, and I can accept at this time of the season IF our strikers had been in form, I cannot accept it when our striker tally reads 12 games and 1 goal.

When Glen played in the first team last season, he looked better than Mole. He scored goals too.

Charlie-Brown

Correct - other young strikers Templeton, Ryan Wallace & even Mark Cowan in the U19's have probably done more to earn a chance THIS season.......Husband also came on as sub and played in 'the hole' at Dunfermline pre-season and was excellent, has also put in some good reserve performances.

Gary Glen is a great young talent but he has to start showing it this season and not think because he scored 2 goals last season that's it he's already made it. He's not playing for Scotland behind kids he was previously ahead of because he's done very little this season at any level.

And you know this, how?????????????? I think you'll find that the decision is purely Csaba's and is based on performance and current form.

I have the impression it's more down to his attitude than performance.

Correct - other young strikers Templeton, Ryan Wallace & even Mark Cowan in the U19's have probably done more to earn a chance THIS season.......Husband also came on as sub and played in 'the hole' at Dunfermline pre-season and was excellent, has also put in some good reserve performances.

Gary Glen is a great young talent but he has to start showing it this season and not think because he scored 2 goals last season that's it he's already made it. He's not playing for Scotland behind kids he was previously ahead of because he's done very little this season at any level.

I hope Glen hasn't contracted Stephen Simmons syndrome, the symptoms being a long term contract leading to the downing of tools. Some players do struggle with motivation for reserve team football having had a taste of the first team, it can't help when he sees God awful players such as Ksanavicius getting a squad place ahead of him.

Jam Tarts 1874
He's out in the cold because Vlad says so simple as that.

Here is another one! :eek:

If a playing decision is not to your liking - it must be Romanov. Grow up!

Randle P McMurphy

Mole may have looked better but Glen is the closest amongst our forwards to being a natural finisher. We all know Mole works hard and pressurises defenders but he has no composure in front of goal nor positional nous to know where to hang about for chances. Glen looked like he had both of these attributes last season and looked like a real find.

I think they should have wee Robbo in as forwards coach passing on some of his knowledge. No danger Robbo would have missed Nade's chance last week nor Mole's this week, I suspect neither would Glen.

Archived