Is it just me

Legend Claws

or did we play some great football today in horrendous conditions?

And see the folk that booed at the end (before they booed the ref) Get a ****ing grip you sad sad men.

Guest jambomickey

And see the folk that booed at the end (before they booed the ref) Get a ****ing grip you sad sad men.

considering the conditions it was a decent game and a draw was a fair result

Nucky Thompson

I thought it was a great game today and I was glad I made the effort and got soaked:)

Yeah I agree we lacked the killer edge but if we can reproduce that battle and passing then we can give smeltic a proper game.

I thought we did okay considering the weather. I certainly wouldn't be complaining about individuals anyway...it wasn't easy to keep your feet, never mind play nice football.

I was surprised at the booing at the end but I thought that probably had more to do with the ref than the team's performance. Maybe I'm just an optimist though.

Yeah mate we played decent enough. I`m afraid the booers of the team are the ones with far too much expectation of a team just coming together after a terrible season last year.

Instant success happens rarely. Jefferies took 2 seasons before he even got to where he wanted and the same with Levein.

As long as you are seeing progress you can be confident and happy.

Could you be confident last season? Did you feel there was hope or progress in the team?

No.

This season has had it`s ups and downs already but you can clearly see the team is in far better shape football wise and application wise than last season.

I'm beginning to feel really confident about the way we play just now, last season there was no organisation, when teams countered us I often thought this may be a goal but now we get 10 players behind the ball and make it very difficult for the opposition to score, I like a good defence.

Come January, I hope to see us get rid of some players, free up some wages and spend about ?400,000 on a new straiker, one that can play on his own, and score goals, the Kris Boyd sort of player - not Boyd though, I hate him.

I'd also like us to bring in one central defender, we need someone competing with Zaliukas, there isn't really anyone there just now so his game has slipped recently, if he got some competition for a place, he would need to give an extra 50% to make sure he stayed in the team.

I like the 4-4-1-1 we are playing, Ksanavicius doesn't suit the role, he doesn't run on enough, I hadn't noticed it before today when Aguiar showed us how to play the role properly. Audrius seemed to stop when he should have continued his runs, he was poor when he come on today.

Janos played well, Kello won't get sraight back into the team.

Jonsson is a great right back.

Karipidis is really adapting well to his new midfield position.

Palazuelos is a good player but just doesn't fit into this system we have, I would be surprised if he went in January.

Cesnauskis looked good when he came on, we got a little bit of joy when we played the ball on the right with him, that may be a way forward.

Nade looked quite up for it today, hopefully that's a sign of things to come.

Sorry if it felt I went on a bit there, I just kept finding things to say:o

I'm beginning to feel really confident about the way we play just now, last season there was no organisation, when teams countered us I often thought this may be a goal but now we get 10 players behind the ball and make it very difficult for the opposition to score, I

That tips it hat off to our fitness too. We`re up and down the park far better now. When we break up play we don`t dally and get ourselves up far better.

Likewise if play breaks down we get right behind the ball.

I think we have a centre back in the reserves who is due a chance -- step forward Ryan McGowan -- if Karapidis is not to be moved back then to me he is next in line and deserves his chance.

I agree about the fitness. Zal is not good enough but other than kara who is doing well in MF he has no pressure.

Some decent football, and alot of hoofs, punts and stramashes (from both teams) in difficult conditions. Thought Bruno and Nade did well up front but overall Heart are poor in the final third and badly need a goal threat.

Also well done to Chesny when he came on. So refreshing to see a winger committing the fullback, keep it up.

Guest jambomickey
Some decent football, and alot of hoofs, punts and stramashes (from both teams) in difficult conditions. Thought Bruno and Nade did well up front but overall Heart are poor in the final third and badly need a goal threat.

Also well done to Chesny when he came on. So refreshing to see a winger committing the fullback, keep it up.

talking about chesny that's who i'd play wide right against sellick next week

john brownlee

IMO they all played well today the game plan is coming together and I see that in the not to distant future a team that will be the best of the rest and something to build on, BTW well done WALL-E great goal and well deserved

Great in the middle third, not so clever in the 1st or 3rd - for the second week running. We often run out of options when we get the ball forward and when we do we don't have the players to convert the chances.

The looked a bit steadier today but the defence fills me with no confidence... why Berra is still captain I'll never know.

theescapehouse

I thought so too, some nice little one-two moves going on throughout, as for the boo-ing, my boos, and i assumed everyone else's, were aimed at the officials, not the team, which i think was clarified by the applause that the players got as they reached the dugout area.

Archived