Good game, good game.

Acey

bruce_forsythe_203_203x152.jpg

Fairly happy with the performance today. Ball was kept on the deck for 85 minutes, and we were passing our way through more often than not. That lack of a cutting edge is absolutely blatant (again); if we don't sign at least two strikers in January, I'll be furious.

A draw was fair. I'm sure we had more of the ball, but Aberdeen were much more willing to shoot (and came bloody close, too). Glad I went - very entertaining, given the conditions. Bruno's like a new signing, btw. :thumb:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Definitely making progress on the footballing side of things.

Can't argue with the team selections the past two weeks and we are trying to change our style of play.

Results might not be great but I would 100% give Csaba the time and control to get the club into Europe.

Strikers needed big time.

Was a really good game where the teams switched control of the game several times.

Draw a fair result.

Thought that if Laszlo had seen that Aguiar and Nade were totally done a bit earlier then we could have won the game. Have been very critical of Aguiar in the past but he is standing out in a good way compared to the players we now have. Good to see Chesney back.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Agree with that, though our woeful finishing is starting to cost us. Eventually, they'll start going in and someone will get a hammering.

Yep, a very enjoyable game which is a surprise considering the conditions.

Its just a shame Jamie Mole can't hit the target from a yard or we'd have 3 points tonight instead of 1.

Absolutely terrific match today in dreadful conditions. Thought we looked really good at times, although we lost the place for the middle of the second half.

Acey, that's 2 games in a row I've come out the ground feeling a bit down about the result but I'm really, really happy about the football we're playing.

I reckon in decent weather conditions we would have savaged Aberdeen today. The desire of our team to get the ball on the deck needs to continue to be encouraged.

We just need to cut out the silly mistakes at the back and find a cutting edge up front.

stirlingshirejambo

Really enjoyed game today and think that we are geninely trying to play football.

I though Stewart drive and energy terrific and much as I like Reuben felt we really misse Driver

Really enjoyed game today and think that we are geninely trying to play football.

I though Stewart drive and energy terrific and much as I like Reuben felt we really misse Driver

Chesney had a good 10 minutes - did more in his 10 than Miko managed in his 80. We were more dangerous in those 10 mins than any other section of the match...

Driver is missed badly when out -- gives that balance and attacking threat -- progress being made especially compared to last season and its true we are playing football on the deck.

Can we just win now -- starting next week !!

Concur with what is being said here. We had two really good 30min spells today when we played really good football. Aberdeen at no point, despite having a couple of good spells in the match themselves, were able to match the quality of football that we played at times.

Aguair is a class act. Nade is worthy of starting the game and caused problems today. Obviously was done after 70 mins and unfortunately he is not a goalscorer.

Defence played today like they have all season. Cruising/comfortable for 88 mins but had two mins of blatant mistakes and slackness that once again cost us. We simply can't keep clean sheets. As much as I reckon Zaliukas looks like a good CH for 85mins of a game, he has 5mins when he is a bombscare.

Missed Driver and Kingston today. Ruben did okay but certainly no LW and certainly no Driver. Miko, oh dear Miko, again not good enough son, dire crossing and the one time you got yourself right in down the channel and cutting in on goal, instead of lifting your head and picking a player out, you have your head down and smash the ball out the other side of the park.

Overall I am much happier with the team this season and yes I know that would not be hard. We are playing football the right way and have a good coach and team spirit. I believe we will continue to improve as time goes on under Csaba.

It is going to be a really exciting league outside of the OF this season. There is not much between the teams and only 9 separating ten teams. We should finish thid but our inability to put the ball in the net is a real problem.

best game of the season. also think Miko was very good until the decision which got him booked. although i did think it was a booking. if the games continue like that then the crowds will increase, some great stuff. a lot of people might have looked outside today and thought, nah I don't fancy it, but nobody will have left the game feeling disappointed they went.

i ****ing love csaba by the way.

Good game, lots of drama, we had a bit of guts and effort about us. Seem to have turned a wee corner between the derby and this game. Will be interesting to see how things go against Celtic....

Concur with what is being said here. We had two really good 30min spells today when we played really good football. Aberdeen at no point, despite having a couple of good spells in the match themselves, were able to match the quality of football that we played at times.

Aguair is a class act. Nade is worthy of starting the game and caused problems today. Obviously was done after 70 mins and unfortunately he is not a goalscorer.

Defence played today like they have all season. Cruising/comfortable for 88 mins but had two mins of blatant mistakes and slackness that once again cost us. We simply can't keep clean sheets. As much as I reckon Zaliukas looks like a good CH for 85mins of a game, he has 5mins when he is a bombscare.

Missed Driver and Kingston today. Ruben did okay but certainly no LW and certainly no Driver. Miko, oh dear Miko, again not good enough son, dire crossing and the one time you got yourself right in down the channel and cutting in on goal, instead of lifting your head and picking a player out, you have your head down and smash the ball out the other side of the park.

Overall I am much happier with the team this season and yes I know that would not be hard. We are playing football the right way and have a good coach and team spirit. I believe we will continue to improve as time goes on under Csaba.

It is going to be a really exciting league outside of the OF this season. There is not much between the teams and only 9 separating ten teams. We should finish thid but our inability to put the ball in the net is a real problem.

Personally I thought he played well. He certainly tried a LOT harder, and did a LOT more work than the wage thief he replaced.

Overall I was really encouraged, as I was last week about the team's desire and determination. What the Hell do we have to do to score goals though? We really, really need a proper Striker in the January window, and if we can offload that utterly useless blonde gimp at the same time all the better. When he missed that sitter I turned to my daughter and said "you could have scored that", and you know what, I reckon she could have.

Anyway enough of the negatives, I reckon if we keep playing like that, and add a few goals then we will be OK this season.

Malinga the Swinga

Yep, we played the ball well on the ground and Nade looked a lot fitter and held the ball up well. Miko looked down after being booked, but then that was what the ref was looking for. Their is a campaign to get him to quit Scotland being conducted by referees and idiots like Calderwood. Comments after the game that Stewart doesn't dive but one or two of our players go down easily really get on my nerves. perhaps if he looked closer at home he would see Miller, Sonko, Mackie, Consedine, whoever was right back for them all fall over at the slightest hint of a challenge. Total fandans.

In defence of Mole, the ball was a bit behind him, and Diamond clattered into the back of him as he swung at it.

sorry peanut not a good enough excuse, terrible miss

Archived