game off?

Muppetboy

There is a lot of rain heading this way between now and kick-off. Think the game will go ahead, though.

Nucky Thompson
good chance of this i think
No chance of this I think:rolleyes: It's not even heavy rain.

Guest jambomickey
No chance of this I think:rolleyes: It's not even heavy rain.

the under 19's game at riccarton was called off this morning

I can't see it

Yes its minging weather and its days like today Im glad I chose to pick and choose games but any club who hasnt sufficiently protected their pitch and has to call off today should be severly punished.

Talking of which there was talk earlier in the week that the huns had managed to forget to cover their pitch until it was too late and the game was in danger if weather kept up, not seen anything else about it since though

I would be surprised. Games are rarley calle off because of wind - perhaps should be but they are not.

Guest jambomickey
I can't see it

Yes its minging weather and its days like today Im glad I chose to pick and choose games but any club who hasnt sufficiently protected their pitch and has to call off today should be severly punished.

Talking of which there was talk earlier in the week that the huns had managed to forget to cover their pitch until it was too late and the game was in danger if weather kept up, not seen anything else about it since though

how can you protect your pitch against rain and wind?

Would that be because its being played at New Douglas Park?:rolleyes:

I think the main problem is the wind and the safety of spectators rather than the rain.

It was absolutely foul in Glasgow last night but Firhill still managed to stage the Warriors v Leinster rugby match - mind it wasn't the greatest game to watch and maybe today will be a bit more scrappy than usual.

Because of the wind? Or some other more Machiavellian reason?

We owe the Met Office money, 'cos VR won't pay them for lousy weather, so they've petitioned to put us into administration.

I can't see it

you remind me of a bird Prancer, The blue variety that you can find in your garden. :rolleyes:

Would that be because its being played at New Douglas Park?:rolleyes:

I think the main problem is the wind and the safety of spectators rather than the rain.

Oh well was obviously someone **** stirring on another site, cant say I checked that closely and with the huns previous just assumed it was true.

As for mckenzie, enjoy your bout of flu :P

Oh well was obviously someone **** stirring on another site, cant say I checked that closely and with the huns previous just assumed it was true.

Of course thats what it was....:rolleyes:

heard of covers for the frost and snow but not for wind and rain

Ok wind wont damage the pitch - possibly make the stadium unsafe I suppose unlikely

and a cover along with sufficient drainage etc and groundcare would protect against rain to a degree, obviously not tsunami levels but if any SPL game is called off for this weather the club should be fined a 6 figure sum with a points deduction next time

I hope not. I am feeling quite bullish today (for once)

It is windier than this every week up in Inverness

Exactly right, the bridge likely to be closed to high sided vehicles so buses might not get here from Aberdeen.

Exactly right, the bridge likely to be closed to high sided vehicles so buses might not get here from Aberdeen.

It wont get called off for that

The stupid thicko sheep should have realised that - since its been closed to HSV for most of the past week - and allowed an extra 90 mins for kincardine bridge

the only way it will be called off is if our stadium starts to fall down in the wind - not unlikely I suppose:p

Charlie-Brown

They would be diverted via Kincardine.

The wind is insane. There is a good chance it will get called off for safety reasons IMO. Any sign of any structures/signs flying about and the Police will can it.

The wind is insane. There is a good chance it will get called off for safety reasons IMO. Any sign of any structures/signs flying about and the Police will can it.

Aye that elvis banner is dangerous :P

Dean Winchester

Not sure what its like at Gorgie but up at Riccarton just now it's wild. Been a while since I've seen wind like this. Dont know about it getting called off or not but I can see the Aberdeen end being a bit emptier in the first half than Hearts where expecting if buses have to get rerouted through Kincardine.

Would they call the game off if the bridge was to be closed or delay kick off?

Must be a real issue of happening as the winds are awful and getting worse and bridge is already at 2nd highest phase of closure (65mph winds), if it reaches 80mph its shut altogether

Just been out and its bad but not that bad... Unless the rain and wind gets worse then it should be fine.

Any way I'm leaving to the pub asap incase it does get cancelled, at least I'll be out.

One thing is for sure. If the game goes ahead it is going to be woeful.

Yeah coz if it wasn't so windy we would all be in for 90 minutes of exhiliration and hedonism! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

One thing is for sure. If the game goes ahead it is going to be woeful.

Ideal day to play our silky passing game on the deck.

Archived