JKB Fc...Match Report (Cup tie)

Meadows

After a long wait due to fixture congestion and pitch (un)availability we finally played our quarter final tie Versus Next. The game was on the excellent 3G pitch at Saughton and whilst the rain held off the wind did'nt!!

Missing regular players like Basher,Savage,Simmy,Andy A and young Duncan we started with a slightly different look.

Our opponents were not only a division above us,but also unbeaten!!

After winning the toss our captain (Beejam)wisely chose to have the strong wind at our backs and we immediately dominated play in the opening spell.Some of our play was very impressive as we passed well,kept possession and were patient in our build up play.Gasbottle was proving to be a nuisance to Next as he hustled,harried and used his build to good use. The first goal arrived after 15 minutes of constant pressure when Dolan broke on the left and hit a superb ball for jambojim to stroke home.Another 15 minutes of pressure saw the second goal,this time Gary D fired in from 3 yards after a keeper error saw the ball land at his feet. Flogelisgod (Oli) got the goal of any game with a 30 yard screamer that gave the goalie no chance to put us 3-0 up and coasting at half time.

We expected and anticipated a fired up Next with the wind in their favour in the 2nd half and our tactical changes paid dividends when 16 year old John broke through and cooly slotted home to make it 4-0.

Special mention must be made of John and our debutant right back Sean who both had tremendous games, and gave our older players a rest during a difficult second half!

Despite the wind against us,our tactics were spot on and had Gasbottle heeded the lessons in finishing from young John he would have had a hat-trick!!

Jambojim got the 5th goal for JKB as he bravely contested a 60/40 against ball in the box and won , getting injured in the process!

Gasbottle, Jim, Gary D and Beejam all came off injured in the second half with old injuries,new injuries and cramp all being cited.

Next pulled a goal back after our keeper bruce now playing centre half collided with Leigh our sub keeper and the Next forward ,to leave 3 players injured on the pitch as the ref allowed play to go on (correctly) .

A free kick from 20 yards on the 90th minute saw the score at 5-2.

Final Score JKB Fc 5 Next 2.

All in all this was an easier result than we dared hope, there have been a couple of times during the season i have felt as coach i have contributed to our victories with either substitutions or tactical changes,sometimes personnel...however tonight ALL the credit goes to the 14 players involved, who played in terrible conditions and fought for each other, and to ensure JKB are in the semi's.Some of our football was a joy to watch,credit to every single player including our unsung heroes like Richard Nesbitt and Craig Cairns who just 'do it', Gary D ,Dolan and Derek who never give up. Big Bruce who consistently proves goalies ARE daft, Oli who gives 101% and still gets shouted at. No stars but 14 players tonight epitomised TEAM.

When do you play River Island?

Only kidding..

When I read the first paragraph of the review I just had calderwood in my head...

Well done the JKB side.

Terrific result - well done guys.

Onwards and upwards.

'Oh when the JKBFC go up to lift the...errr....Summer League trophy...I'll possibly be there if the final can hold off till next summer' :D

congratulations on the win

we simply didnt turn up

good luck in the semi's

Bm1874

(the aforementioned injured next striker)

congratulations on the win

we simply didnt turn up

good luck in the semi's

Bm1874

(the aforementioned injured next striker)

Thanks BM...do you think it is a fair match report?

Also...The much discussed Goal scorers chart:

Andy A 10

Jambojim 10

Savage 8

Gasbottle 6

Meadows 2 (assists)

Gary D & Oli are slowly but surely making their way upwards.

What was pleasing tonight was that Dolan allowed our 3 other midfielders to attack and all 3 got a goal (jim2) with Dolan defensively superb AND assisting in the first.

Addison in Goal for next, gets my man of the match ... he he.

Seriously though ... well done boys!! That was never a free kick at the end, for their second !!

Bruce ... remember you're due Meadows a new ball !! ;)

Good match report Meadows ... I agree with the special mention for John and Sean ... Gary Dalgleish played well and Garry M also worthy ...

hard game in hard conditions. We coped well and tried to play as well as we could with that stupid wind on a fast surface. Defo big graft from the team and it was a deserved victory. Special mention to the wee lads on the right who played like veterans.

Also my big toe poke from the edge of the box was so special it deserves a mention...:)

basher the jambo

Great result last night guys,

Everyone played for each other once again, 2 more games to go.

Try and hold the final out for another 10 weeks guys ;);)

well done lads was gutted to miss it but hopefully available for selection in the semi, hope we get aegon due them a doing

basher the jambo

They played well last night Savage after putting out the fav for the cup. The weather didnt stop the guys trying to play football and then acouple of guys went off with knocks.

Hoping to get back playing with you in the final and if im not fit for then, Hope your there for the training for the Tynecastle game.

savage, after the link up play between jim @ cm and garry @ cf you and Basher will struggle to get back in starting 11 ... ;)

basher the jambo

Cairns they do have some brotherly instincts going on.....

Jim Murray is a cracking player and someone i model myself on, If im half as good then im happy ;)

haha (this is bruce im on my dads name) well i think we worked out im no jaap stam but i did ok, but i had a reasonably easy night in goal, oh and once again leigh sorry for my tackle on you

basher the jambo
haha (this is bruce im on my dads name) well i think we worked out im no jaap stam but i did ok, but i had a reasonably easy night in goal, oh and once again leigh sorry for my tackle on you

It was my idea to put you center half because leigh lost his contacts and didnt want to play at all,,

Bruce have it ........... john Smiths eat you heart out..

Hope we get some a good turn out for the semi, Keep the great work up guys

Hey Bash - I'm just keeping the cm position warm for you until the broken leg recovers, :) don't know if i'll get my place back on the right if wee John keeps up they performances though! Him and Sean were superb.

A very good team performance considering we had to adjust our style in the second half to suit the conditions against the wind. Hopefully the injuries we picked up last night will have healed by the time the semi comes around although Brucie did try his best to cement the number one position by taking out Leigh! :eek:

Oh and Cairnsy that link up play between me and Garry is something that's happened for years, usually me setting him up and him missing. :P:rolleyes:

'Mon the Kickback!! :fing10:

Bruce...As C4airns said....Where's my ball....? That was a ?50 matchball,you could've side footed it:cool:

After a long wait due to fixture congestion and pitch (un)availability we finally played our quarter final tie Versus Next. The game was on the excellent 3G pitch at Saughton and whilst the rain held off the wind did'nt!!

Missing regular players like Basher,Savage,Simmy,Andy A and young Duncan we started with a slightly different look.

Our opponents were not only a division above us,but also unbeaten!!

After winning the toss our captain (Beejam)wisely chose to have the strong wind at our backs and we immediately dominated play in the opening spell.Some of our play was very impressive as we passed well,kept possession and were patient in our build up play.Gasbottle was proving to be a nuisance to Next as he hustled,harried and used his build to good use. The first goal arrived after 15 minutes of constant pressure when Dolan broke on the left and hit a superb ball for jambojim to stroke home.Another 15 minutes of pressure saw the second goal,this time Gary D fired in from 3 yards after a keeper error saw the ball land at his feet. Flogelisgod (Oli) got the goal of any game with a 30 yard screamer that gave the goalie no chance to put us 3-0 up and coasting at half time.

We expected and anticipated a fired up Next with the wind in their favour in the 2nd half and our tactical changes paid dividends when 16 year old John broke through and cooly slotted home to make it 4-0.

Special mention must be made of John and our debutant right back Sean who both had tremendous games, and gave our older players a rest during a difficult second half!

Despite the wind against us,our tactics were spot on and had Gasbottle heeded the lessons in finishing from young John he would have had a hat-trick!!

Jambojim got the 5th goal for JKB as he bravely contested a 60/40 against ball in the box and won , getting injured in the process!

Gasbottle, Jim, Gary D and Beejam all came off injured in the second half with old injuries,new injuries and cramp all being cited.

Next pulled a goal back after our keeper bruce now playing centre half collided with Leigh our sub keeper and the Next forward ,to leave 3 players injured on the pitch as the ref allowed play to go on (correctly) .

A free kick from 20 yards on the 90th minute saw the score at 5-2.

Final Score JKB Fc 5 Next 2.

All in all this was an easier result than we dared hope, there have been a couple of times during the season i have felt as coach i have contributed to our victories with either substitutions or tactical changes,sometimes personnel...however tonight ALL the credit goes to the 14 players involved, who played in terrible conditions and fought for each other, and to ensure JKB are in the semi's.Some of our football was a joy to watch,credit to every single player including our unsung heroes like Richard Nesbitt and Craig Cairns who just 'do it', Gary D ,Dolan and Derek who never give up. Big Bruce who consistently proves goalies ARE daft, Oli who gives 101% and still gets shouted at. No stars but 14 players tonight epitomised TEAM.

Well done and what a fantastic report;)

p.s. did your wife give you the tenner?

Guest Anderson1990

Brilliant result lads.

Sorry I didn?t make it to the match to give you some vocal support but I decided to stay in the house because of the weather!

hopefullly fit for the semi depends how my ankle is - the physio thinks ill be out for 2/3 weeks

Good Result on Friday lads, thought the def were superb and were very no nonsense which in the conditions was exactly what we needed.

Great team performance and everyone worked hard for each other. Overall good night in conditions which could have made it a hole lot worse!!

Looking forward to the next game.

Cheers, Kowsk.

Ps. Xmas night out starting at Callums is defo required!! You know what im saying GM!!

Good Result on Friday lads, thought the def were superb and were very no nonsense which in the conditions was exactly what we needed.

Great team performance and everyone worked hard for each other. Overall good night in conditions which could have made it a hole lot worse!!

Looking forward to the next game.

Cheers, Kowsk.

Ps. Xmas night out starting at Callums is defo required!! You know what im saying GM!!

Lets get that sorted ASAP!!!

Great performance on Fri night lads, great team performance in a game that was difficult to play in with the strong winds and Brian Latto's unique refereeing !!

Pass marks to everyone involved with special mentions going to both Sean and John on the right flank, looked as though they had played there for a while, also thought Cairns had his best match for us and was good to have Kowski back too

Roll on the semi's !!!!

we have to wait on the remaining qtrs being played, a week or two I think .

Cheers beejam ... Only because I lasted the 90!!

Archived