Would you boo Novo?

Dr. Bapswent

Would you boo Novo if he played for Scotland?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you boo Novo if he played for Scotland?

• Yes
    • Yes - if he kept someone else out the team
    • No
    • Dont know

If he played for Scotland?

can't think of a reason why anyone would want to, any more than they would want to boo miller, boyd, ferguson, weir, broadfoot... whoever.

Carl Weathers

I would never boo a Scotland player - I just don't agree that he should get the chance to play for us. It's hardly his fault though.

I think Scotland and England are amongst the only countries that don't pick players who don't really belong to them - look at France, Netherlands, Croatia, Japan etc etc.

portobellojambo1

Might seem like a daft point but do you not have to be Scottish to play for Scotland, or at least have some sort of pre historic spunk bubble floating about which connects back to Scotland (e.g.. yer great granny humped somebody that was eating a haggis supper at the time).

Never booed any Hearts player when he's pulled on the jersey. Never booed a Scotland player when he's pulled on a jersey.

I don't argee with the Nationalisation of players which has occurred in last 15 years or so but when they agree to show their allegiance to the country then they should be backed accordingly. IMO of course - feel free to have your own and leave me to mine. Please and thank you.

No I wouldn't but it would be bizzare if he did play.

I think it's reasonable you can play for a country through parentage and grandparentage (though the last one pushes it a bit) but the whole residency thing is a nonesense.

I could live anywhere else in this world for any length of time but I am a Scotsman and I'd only ever want to play for Scotland. I find it bizzare that someone of a different nationality would even contemplate playing for another nation.

Like that contempable bawbag Peter Nicol who swaped to play for England because they gave him more money. ****.

Tyrion Lannister
he wouldn't deserve. he's got baws in the first place by offering to play for us.

Agreed, if he's good enough to get picked and puts in a decent shift I think a player like him could only be a positive for us right now.

I would not boo him. His selection would be the last straw and would finalise my disassociation with the national side, from that moment onwards I would not give one jot.

Out of interest, what IS a jot?

i could never boo anyone playing for hearts or scotland.

disagree with the way some players are picked for scotland though.

should be scottish born or at least 1 scottish born parent, not grandparents.

at the end of the day , he is as scottish as someone who is not scottish

I wouldn't boo anyone that improved out national team. Other countrys have been at it for years so it's about time we got our finger out and looked for some quality to bolster the squad!

Haven't read the thread but I would welcome Novo and boo Boyd. One said he would be happy to play if Burley wanted him and the other threw his toys out of the pram

johnny the jambo

would never boo anyone who wears the scotland jersey. the guy has been here most of his adult life and has always seemed to love it here (although why he would rather live here than in spain is beyond me!)

if he wants to play for us and is good enough then he would get in my team before that greetin-faced wee ****** boyd. lots of other countries do it so there is no reason why we shouldnt play guys like him

on a side note, how is it that he can qualify to play for us and andy driver is inneligible?

Archived