Remax any advice ?

Munch

I Got a mate who recently lost his job and got a few quid redundancy, he is seriously thinking about being a Remax Agent, he told me that he gets full training and a badge once he passes his training, he said it was a course that lasts only a few days. And he would not say the amount but he has to pay them to attend this course and its not cheap a few thousand is all he would say, anyway once he gets the badge he then has to pay them a monthly fee to work for them:rolleyes: and he also has to fork out for his camera, business cards, even for sale boards WTF.:mad:

They have told him he will make a mint in commissions for estate agency fees on houses he sells:)

I Don't know much about them, but surely this is not the time to get into this line of work especially when he has to pay them to work:eek:

Any one got any experience of this organization and advice i can pass on to him.:P

Tell him to bolt before he gives them a penny.

My Dad was in a similar situation with redundancy etc. a few years ago and gave them a try. Nothing but hassle.

I'd avoid it even moreso in the current climate.

Remax and their agents get a pretty bad press, add to that the credit crunch and I would say he would be pretty silly to sink his redundancy money into them

I cant wait til a certain ginger person comes along :P

i would advise your mate not to go down that line, remax charge a fortune for the training, which last a week or so, then the monthly fees are for the office they work from, then all the extra add on fees.

there is also a long wait for the first payment of commision to be paid.

it also depends on what office they work from, the one in broxburn is run by a complete idiot, where other offices are well run.

if you want drop me a pm and i will give you my friends number so your mate can speak with someone who works for remax

I Got a mate who recently lost his job and got a few quid redundancy, he is seriously thinking about being a Remax Agent, he told me that he gets full training and a badge once he passes his training, he said it was a course that lasts only a few days. And he would not say the amount but he has to pay them to attend this course and its not cheap a few thousand is all he would say, anyway once he gets the badge he then has to pay them a monthly fee to work for them:rolleyes: and he also has to fork out for his camera, business cards, even for sale boards WTF.:mad:

They have told him he will make a mint in commissions for estate agency fees on houses he sells:)

I Don't know much about them, but surely this is not the time to get into this line of work especially when he has to pay them to work:eek:

Any one got any experience of this organization and advice i can pass on to him.:P

I think you will find all the advice you need on this thread.

Hope you have a spare couple of hours

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7092&highlight=estate+agents+advice

Remax will not charge you if they do not sell your home but..... sorry- Bollocks. If you decide to go with another estate agent as Remax don't sell on your behalf they will expect a percentage as they claim that their work has helped do so. You will end up with 2 bill from both companies...... allegedly.Apparently they can do this.

Guest S.U.S.S.

They are a bunch of criminals, tell him to stay clear.

tell your mate to put his money on a 3 legged horse instead.

is he a dafty?

does he no know whats going on in the world right now? how does he think he can make money as an estate agent when folk have stopped buying houses?

i would advise your mate not to go down that line, remax charge a fortune for the training, which last a week or so, then the monthly fees are for the office they work from, then all the extra add on fees.

there is also a long wait for the first payment of commision to be paid.

it also depends on what office they work from, the one in broxburn is run by a complete idiot, where other offices are well run.

if you want drop me a pm and i will give you my friends number so your mate can speak with someone who works for remax

It is yhe Leith branch that have offered him the position, there are already 8 agents working from this one.:eek:

If Carlsberg made the worst career moves ever, that would be it.

I Have tried to tell him this, however it is amazing how a clever sales pitch with the right spin put on it can catch desperate people UN aware.

My mate has been almost brain washed into thinking a career as a remax agent is the answer to all his problems.

He said " All i need to do is sell 3 properties a week at an average price of 200k and i make 3k per week easy as pie "

I'm not sure I'm going to try to convince him to keep his doe and try and find something else.:sad:

tell him to find out how many properties were sold last week in Edinburgh. Then find out how many estate agents / remax agents there are in Edinburgh.,.. Then he can work out himself that it is an average of less than 1 per agent per week at the moment.

Also ask him what the average price of a house is. It is not 200k.

You have to stop him doing this...

Tell him that it is only sensible to research a job before he starts it. Tell him that if he finds every agent is selling 3+ a week (which he wont) then you will support his decision!

if all fails.. Punch him in the nose!

Sheriff Fatman
he told me that he gets full training and a badge

Woah, they give you a badge. If that is true tell him to jump at the oportunity.:P:p

I Have tried to tell him this, however it is amazing how a clever sales pitch with the right spin put on it can catch desperate people UN aware.

My mate has been almost brain washed into thinking a career as a remax agent is the answer to all his problems.

He said " All i need to do is sell 3 properties a week at an average price of 200k and i make 3k per week easy as pie "

I'm not sure I'm going to try to convince him to keep his doe and try and find something else.:sad:

He will struggle if its Remax Leith .Most offices for all Estate Agents will be lucky to sell 4 houses a month in this climate. Oh and the Leith Branch lost the contract for repo's with HBOS for underhand dealing when the office owner sold them to a business associate.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

has he read a paper, looked at the interweb or watched the telly in the last 6 months?

It really is a no brainer

On the other hand I have these lovely magic beans for sale.....

It is yhe Leith branch that have offered him the position, there are already 8 agents working from this one.:eek:

a mate of yours lives in Leith? :hobofish: Tell him that you'll go halves on all the fees.

Archived