broken arm and driving

conn artist

hello knowledgeable kickback. I've have broken a bone in my arm broke it on tuesday night just gone, the radial head . its near the elbow . its cracked/broken. now its not in a cast (just that tubigrip rubbish) due to its location, it is still very sore but i can still use it just cant twist it too much or completely straighten my arm, anyway, i was planning to drive to london next friday, does anyone know where i could find out if this is legal or not? any doctors on here? i dont even have my own insurance policy as i drive a company car therefore have company insurance so cant just go and read the small print on that. any help is much appreciated.

Arnold Rothstein
hello knowledgeable kickback. I've have broken a bone in my arm broke it on tuesday night just gone, the radial head . its near the elbow . its cracked/broken. now its not in a cast (just that tubigrip rubbish) due to its location, it is still very sore but i can still use it just cant twist it too much or completely straighten my arm, anyway, i was planning to drive to london next friday, does anyone know where i could find out if this is legal or not? any doctors on here? i dont even have my own insurance policy as i drive a company car therefore have company insurance so cant just go and read the small print on that. any help is much appreciated.

I wouldn't imagine your insurance will cover you i'm afraid

You need to consult the insurers for permission - and possibly an added premium if they agree.

I doubt you have a chance with a broken arm though and if you dont tell them and you crash they will probably void it and sue you for any money they payout on a claim

Doctor FinnBarr

Don't know about a car but it is illegal on a bike. Knew a guy with a cast on his wrist and he got done with not being in full control of the vehicle.

:107years:

maroonlegions
Don't know about a car but it is illegal on a bike. Knew a guy with a cast on his wrist and he got done with not being in full control of the vehicle.

:107years:

Should have done him for being stupid alone.:rolleyes:

i foned my companies insurance. they said i should get a line from my doc saying i'm fit to drive. managed to get to my docs after work, he can give me a sick line but not a line to say i'm fit enough to drive. total catch 22. my arm is not 100% granted but there is no cast or need for a sling. cant rotate my hand very well but can grip etc. this situation sucks. i dont even have a follow up apt with the fracture clinic cos my injury is not deemed that serious. might give them a fone again on monday.

well if you dont tell your insurance company and you crash, claim for the broken arm ;)

although seriously don't drive if your not fit to, if you did have an accident and hurt yourself or someone else...........

well if you dont tell your insurance company and you crash, claim for the broken arm ;)

although seriously don't drive if your not fit to, if you did have an accident and hurt yourself or someone else...........

i know, i'm a responsible driver and if i lost my liscense i would lose my job. so no danger of even tempting fate, i just cant find a definative answer of when i will be legal to drive again, so far all i have heard is 'if and buts'. DVLA states something about having full control of your car. but who says i am or are not if my doc wont put his neck on the line and says i am. cant live without the motor for a month or so.

:hobofish:

God your tedious

Just to clarify though, are you suggesting someone riding a motorbike with a broken wrist is acceptable?

If so please explain why...

championsleaguefan

Totally legal as I saw with my own eyes a boy sitting his bus drivers test with a cast on his arm.

If you see a bald heeded beady eyed religious minister driving around town in a white vw transporter drag him into the street and report to the relevant authorities...he is playing with your lives as driving with a broken foot!!!

I P Knightley
i know, i'm a responsible driver and if i lost my liscense i would lose my job. so no danger of even tempting fate, i just cant find a definative answer of when i will be legal to drive again, so far all i have heard is 'if and buts'. DVLA states something about having full control of your car. but who says i am or are not if my doc wont put his neck on the line and says i am. cant live without the motor for a month or so.

Wouldn't a responsible driver assess the situation and do the safe thing?

If you think you can do it, then do. You have doubts? So don't.

Just like if you're thinking about driving when you're sleepy.

If you need the car for work, get the Doc to give you a line signing you off.

I don't know whether legal or not but I would suggest if you were in an accident and the injured arm was established in any way to be contributory I would think that would have legal ramifications both Traffic and Civil Law.

This driving that you are doing, is this to do with your work as you mention it is the company insurance, If it is work related can they not fly you down or get the train.

Or is this a leisure visit

This driving that you are doing, is this to do with your work as you mention it is the company insurance, If it is work related can they not fly you down or get the train.

Or is this a leisure visit

my work are sound, boss just laughed when i told him i broke my arm, was going to london in the car as my mate needs to move the last of his stuff out his flat and bring it home, it was just an excuse to head down for the weekend and do some drinking. i tried to drive yesterday morning it was not comfortable so thats that problem sorted for now.

Doctor FinnBarr
God your tedious

Just to clarify though, are you suggesting someone riding a motorbike with a broken wrist is acceptable?

If so please explain why...

Right, i'll happilly reply to you now that your suspended again (how many times can 1 person be suspended without being banned I don't know).

Anyway the guy with the broken wrist had been driving fine for weeks with no mishaps before he was pulled. Incidently, do you have any probs with amputees, wheelchair users etc, riding bikes? They do you know and I'll wait for a few weeks on your reply to this one as I know you'll want to speak your mind on this matter cos your watching!

:bootyshake::bootyshake::bootyshake:

Archived