Massive problems at Asda Chesser?

Craigieboy

No-one can get out the carpark cause of the roadworks at Gorgie Road. Traffic being diverted along Chesser Ave & because of the traffic light sequence, nobody is moving from the Asda side.

They're all going ****ing mental. On the radio. Sounds crazy.

It's like all the companies are conspiring to **** off the maximum amount of drivers.

Lights were out at Hutchison/Balgreen road today and a couple of vans clattered into each other. Easily could have been worse.

No-one can get out the carpark cause of the roadworks at Gorgie Road. Traffic being diverted along Chesser Ave & because of the traffic light sequence, nobody is moving from the Asda side.

They're all going ****ing mental. On the radio. Sounds crazy.

That road was absolutely gridlocked on Monday morning. Can imagine nobody is shifting anywhere. Those roadworks are a right pain in the @rse, means I have to take a scenic route home.

Why is there so many roadworks around just now?

Its difficult to find a route anywhere without having to go through at least one sdet of temporary lights.

Why is there so many roadworks around just now?

Its difficult to find a route anywhere without having to go through at least one sdet of temporary lights.

Edinburgh seems to be the absolute worst for roadworks.

Can't go fecking anywhere without massive works going on somewhere.

Have you not heard of the trams?

In fairness, I work for the gas as you know, and the major story in our monthly newsletter this month was how we should be grateful for the tramworks, as all the anger of the public is being directed to the council and our works are going under the radar :laugh:

Council are still sore about their beloved "Congestion Charge" getting the knockback.

They have declared war on the motorists in the city just to pi$$ everyone off

It's working though! :eek::rolleyes:

Wait till the idea gets re-floated in a few years, it will get a lot more support then! :rolleyes:

Council are still sore about their beloved "Congestion Charge" getting the knockback.

Wait till the idea gets re-floated in a few years, it will get a lot more support then! :rolleyes:

Totally agree, Edinburgh motorists are reaping what was sown at the ballot.

I voted yes to congestion charging btw.

Better call Saul
Pfffft Scotmid. M&S for me :bootyshake:

Aye yer arse (good smiley)

M&S yer bum ........................ ferkin credit crunch man :eek:

Toxteth O'Grady

You speak the truth

Generic Username

I was at ASDA today and got caught in the nonsense.

Jumped in the motor at 4:10 and didn't get out of the carpark and onto Slateford Road until 5:30.

It's a good thing I didn't bother buying any frozen goods or the back of the car would have been wetter than a slags knickers.

You do wonder.

Part of me thinks that's true and the other part thinks that it's just the usual gross incompetence from the "powers above"! :rolleyes:

Kind of speaks for itself when you can't tell the difference :eek:

What a load of Raphael Shyde. The congestion charge was a badly thought out piece of nonsense for a city that did not need it. Edinburgh suffers from congestion during 45 minutes of the day. Tell me why a congestion charge stinging people from driving in Edinburgh the rest of the time is fair..?

If the council would stop ****ing about with pathetic traffic measures which only increase the problems then there would be even less numptys wanting to charge people to drive to their homes from work.

The public transport in Edinburgh is a joke and until thats sorted why should anyone get out of a car.

jambos are go!
What a load of Raphael Shyde. The congestion charge was a badly thought out piece of nonsense for a city that did not need it. Edinburgh suffers from congestion during 45 minutes of the day. Tell me why a congestion charge stinging people from driving in Edinburgh the rest of the time is fair..?

If the council would stop ****ing about with pathetic traffic measures which only increase the problems then there would be even less numptys wanting to charge people to drive to their homes from work.

The public transport in Edinburgh is a joke and until thats sorted why should anyone get out of a car.

IMO the public transport in Edinburgh is generally pretty good. Its biggest fault is not enough cross town services that dont converge through the city centre. Its probably down to cost but surely its a wortwhile subsidising loss making services to lessen congestion. Perhaps if the successful cash incentives promoting recycling were introduced for public transport we would see a culture change.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Agree 100%

If they finished 1 job at a time without

starting 25 others

It seems we have a traffic cone mountain to dispose of

They have "traffic management" measures on the A90 between the forth road bridge and barnton.

the traffic is actually far less congested when their turned off - they forget to turn them on some days.

It also seems every day they "forget" to turn them on you can expect to encounter numerous police bikes trying to catch speeders on the free moving carriageway - they still remember the 50mph signs

Edinburgh does not have a congestion problem and you can travel anywhere in the city fairly quickly, well at least until their trams pish

IMO the public transport in Edinburgh is generally pretty good. Its biggest fault is not enough cross town services that dont converge through the city centre. Its probably down to cost but surely its a wortwhile subsidising loss making services to lessen congestion. Perhaps if the successful cash incentives promoting recycling were introduced for public transport we would see a culture change.

I hear so many people say this and it totally baffles me.

If you want to get to Princes St, then yeah, its fine. If you want to go anywhere else, its garbage. You've hit the nail on the head with the cross town problems, but even places on a direct bus route take forever. I used to work in Ocean Terminal and lived at Tolcross, which was 50 mins on a bus or 15 mins in the car, its a no brainer.

The buses are far from comfortable, if you are over 6ft you need metal plates on your knees. And why are neds allowed to blast music out of their phones to everyone's annoyance?

On top of that, the people that organise the roads need shot. The system of traffic lights in totally needless places and bus stops next to junctions holding up traffic is nuts. The organisation of work is also appalling, I know guys that have stopped working on the tram lines and got different jobs because they dont have anything to do most of the day and are standing around bored.

Other things like only allowing buses to turn right onto Robertson Ave from Gorgie Road is fine during busy times, but why cant you do it when it's quiet..?

I've been to cities of similar size to Edinburgh with traffic systems to embarrass this place, Bilbao being the best example I think.

Edinburgh doesn't really have problems with traffic except for rush hour. Which is to be expected. The rest of the time it is fine.

IMO - The mess is being caused by idiots trying to solve a problem that doesn't really exist.

Archived