Fruit Trees in Edinburgh

i8hibsh

I was watching a cooking program tonight with the Hugh fern Wittingstroker and he was in Sheffield picking free fruit from the numerous apple trees around the city.

Is there anywhere in Edinburgh (public area) that has fruit trees etc, to pick free fruit from?

There is an apple tree on the embankment up to the Western Approach at the corner of McLeod St. Pass it walking to the game.

Some people have glass sheds in their back gardens. They are often full of free food.

They are made of glass so the rest of us can see what we'd like to eat before taking it.

Best to go looking at about 4.30 - 5.00 am. ;)

I was watching a cooking program tonight with the Hugh fern Wittingstroker and he was in Sheffield picking free fruit from the numerous apple trees around the city.

Is there anywhere in Edinburgh (public area) that has fruit trees etc, to pick free fruit from?

Thats because he is a cheap tink.

Read some shockers about him throwing fits when not being recognised as a celebrity...

He once threw a load of veg he was buying from a fair on the ground because the person selling wouldn't let him skip the queue.

Total bender.

There used to be cherry trees in Harrison Park when I lived in Shandon mind you that was about 5 years ago.

there's plum trees on ma golf course. it's not a public area but i don't suppose it would do any harm for you to nip in for some fruit gathering. mind the barbed wire on the fence... for the sake of your own plums.

Guest juvehearts

their is apple tree's in 2 locations in witson & on the water of leith at the back of saughton park.

their is wild ruhbarb growing on a field in baberton near the bypass.

loads of raspberry's growing wild in murrayburn Place, (the wee sparrow's feast off them)

Juve.

EDIT** ben told by the wife that along southhouse road their is apple tree's EDIT**

Archived