Careful it may soon be the "G" word.

Devries4

Commander Harris

interestingly the conviction was for "religiously aggravated breach of the peace", apparently for the slogan "dirty horrible huns".

Defence lawyer Bob Mackinnon told the court that the top was just a bit of "Glasgow banter".

What a tosser.

Buffalo Bill

Hackney Hearts

So - to prevent trouble - the police officer wanted him to remove the comedy t-shirt - but keep wearing the Celtic top he had on underneath??

Which item of clothing would be more offensive to a Rangers fan?

Apart from anything else, you'd have to be able to read to find the t-shirt offensive...

Geoff Kilpatrick

It's nice to know that Strathclyde police have no other concerns on their patch than someone wearing a daft T-shirt. Surely, if the boy was that stupid to wear that near Ibronx, they should have left him to get a shoeing?

Sub4TiddlerMurray
i'm not homophobic--i just dont like the idea of having a ^^^^ shoved up my a***

Think that might just be the definition of homophobia ;)

Guest juvehearts

a complete waste of tax payers money.

whats the outcome going to be?

at best a small fine, its still not going to cover the cost of being at court, plus loss wages, police time e.c.t

It's nice to know that Strathclyde police have no other concerns on their patch than someone wearing a daft T-shirt. Surely, if the boy was that stupid to wear that near Ibronx, they should have left him to get a shoeing?

They never seemed that interested in Artur Boruc's T-shirt! In any case what a waste court and police time.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Apart from anything else, you'd have to be able to read to find the t-shirt offensive...

True enough.

How unlucky is that,being collared by a weegie policeman that can read.

Gotta be 1/1000.

interestingly the conviction was for "religiously aggravated breach of the peace", apparently for the slogan "dirty horrible huns".

I agree that it is a waste of police time but replace the word huns with fenians and you would have people calling the man wearing the t-shirt a bigot.

Typical durty weegie moron, had a hoops top on underneath, can they not go one minute without wearing a barras knock off replica top??

For those Hearts fans who may wear certain attire, they may need to be careful as there could easily be future "similar cases" reference the "Hibees are gay" shirts/scarves etc.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/news/display.var.2462776.0.Celtic_fan_in_court_over_Tshirt_jibe.php

I'll remember that the next time in in Leith in the aftermath of Hibs losing a UEFA cup Final

So are we not allowed to call the huns the huns anymore? Boo!

I suppose it stops anyone calling us mini-huns.

That's a term I use though.

Seems a bit silly this going to court.

Remember these t-shirts the year Hibs got relegated?

Colonel Kurtz
Can anybody tell me where the term Hun (and Tim actually) derives from and what makes it offensive, I don't actually know.

The Celtic fans were originally called Huns because of the Irish collusion with the Germans during the war.Celtic actually have a song which celebrates"German rifles coming in over the strand"

Misguidedly they refer to rangers fans as Huns because of The House of Hanover.

Tims cannot be an offensive term as Celtic fans refer to their team using rhyming slang as The Tim Malloys"..The Boys,they used to shorten it and shout cmon the Tims.

Can anybody tell me where the term Hun (and Tim actually) derives from and what makes it offensive, I don't actually know.

Think its because some stupid bint who runs the 'Nil by Mouth' site decided it should be.

The Celtic fans were originally called Huns because of the Irish collusion with the Germans during the war.Celtic actually have a song which celebrates"German rifles coming in over the strand"

Misguidedly they refer to rangers fans as Huns because of The House of Hanover.

It's actually about smuggling German Rifles onto "Banna Strand" (A remote beach in the far South West of Ireland) as opposed to "The Strand" (Posh Street in london)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banna_Strand

Looking back a bit further the Sacking of rome by the Huns under Attila in the 5th century had helped Hun become synonymous with Beligerant Barbaric enemies of civilization in a similar manner to the modern use of the name of the Vandals, who were to give Rome a good doing over a bit later.

Colonel Kurtz
It's actually about smuggling German Rifles onto "Banna Strand" (A remote beach in the far South West of Ireland) as opposed to "The Strand" (Posh Street in london)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banna_Strand

Looking back a bit further the Sacking of rome by the Huns under Attila in the 5th century had helped Hun become synonymous with Beligerant Barbaric enemies of civilization in a similar manner to the modern use of the name of the Vandals, who were to give Rome a good doing over a bit later.

Thats funny

However I doubt turning up with a crate of german rifles at Aldwych tube would have gone unnoticed.

Technically, the word "Fenian" is not a religious phrase either.

It is the name given to a fraternity dedicated to the establishment of an independant Ireland.

It is interesting, that Boruc, with a history of bad hebaviour, only gets a ?500.00 fine and no court appearance.

It was a stupid thing to do though, but the cops went a bit OTT - they should have just let him get kicked in.

Thats funny

However I doubt turning up with a crate of german rifles at Aldwych tube would have gone unnoticed.

Indeed it would have certainly spelt trouble for any Brazilian Electricians in the vicinity

That is interesting. I don't see what's religious about it.

Archived