Fac51 Hacienda Warehouse Party

Louise

HACIENDA WAREHOUSE PARTY

SATURDAY 13/12/08

Glasgow?s first guerrilla venue hosts official Hacienda show

Glasgow?s first guerrilla venue, The Print Factory, announce their second exclusive gig today - an unabashedly amazing all-dayer of unadulterated homage to The Hacienda ? the legendary Manchester club which defined a generation, gave birth to the world clubbing scene as we know it and provided the soundtrack to an infamous and influential era.

The Hacienda presents The Hacienda Warehouse Party is a dual city project, headlined by Mancunian icons, The Happy Mondays with FAC51?s Manchester?s date coming a fortnight later at The Warehouse Project on Sunday 28th December. This is preceded by this Glasgow gig which takes place on Saturday 13th December from 3pm until 1am (subject to license). The Print Factory all-dayer also boasts a completely one-off and exclusive line up of Hacienda legends and friends, all playing together as a once in a lifetime experience in the completely unique building that is The Print Factory venue.

Tickets for the pre-Christmas all-day Hacienda extravaganza go on sale tomorrow, Saturday 11ththrough http://www.gigsinscotland.compriced ?26 for an estimated 10 hour acid house extravaganza, populated by a raft of acts that helped contribute to the ?Madchester? explosion.

Topping the bill at The Print Factory are ?Madchester personified?, legendary act The Happy Mondays. Along with the Stone Roses, the Mondays were THE seminal Manchester act and were instrumental, along with New Order, in bridging the gap between dance and rock music. When the NME reviewed their second album ?Bummed?, they said ?the world has never heard anything like this?, but it was ?Pills, Thrills and Bellyaches?, that led to them selling out stadiums across the world.

We are also proud to announce rare UK DJ set from Darren Emerson, ex member of electronic giants Underworld who?s ?dubnobasswithmyheadman? album attracted critical acclaim the world over the world over before finding more commercial success with their follow-up ?Second Toughest In the Infants?. Darren has remained one of the most cutting edge DJ?s and producers with his work with Sasha on ?Scorchio?, his own label ?Underwater? and his present, dancefloor destroying single, ?Crashjack? on Global Underground and we?re delighted to have him close the event after the Happy Mondays.

The early evening slot is dedicated to a very, very special live head-melting set from seminal godfathers of UK acid house 808 State, in another unmissable and rare set, the band having recently laid waste to a headliners slot at Bestival. With 808 State?s pedigree and reputation as techno innovators through albums like ?Newbuild?, ?Quadrastate?, ?Newbuild? and ?Ex:el? their appearance is not only for those old enough to remember the glory days first hand but also those who want to celebrate the memory of The Hacienda and party alongside some of its most famous musical legends.

And where would Glasgow be without Slam? Stuart and Orde will be performing a rare Acid House set in homage to the Hacienda. This will bring back memories of a certain Slam/Hacienda party in Glasgow?s Tramway Theatre that brought the south side of Glasgow to a stand still a few years back - 808 State headlined that particular show as well!

An afternoon of experimental alchemy is in store from A Certain Ratio, one of Factory Record?s main and longest serving outfits, whose punk, funk, electro disco stylings are name checked as influences by present day heroes such as LCD Soundsystem and the one and only New Order producer and DJ?ing legend Arthur Baker is set to kick off proceedings with his anarchic ?rip it up or rip it off? obsession for making you dance! Arthur Baker is most famous for his production work on Afrika Bambaata?s ?Planet Rock?, New Order?s ?Blue Monday? and Kraftwerk?s ?Trans Euro Express?. Not a bad CV!

The old News International building in Glasgow?s South Side will provide an atmospheric and spiritually in-keeping backdrop for this very special re-visit of a magical era in the UK music scene. FAC 51 The Hacienda presents The Hacienda Warehouse Party forms part of the first series of guerrilla gigs, which will take place in December only, to take place at this iconic landmark. Glasgow heroes The Fratellis perform on Saturday 20th December. More exclusive and eclectic announcements will follow in due course from The Print Factory.

See you there!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

That sounds immence.

Darren Emerson is playing in Edinburgh soon.

i was unfortunately a bit too young when the Hacienda was about. :sad:

Shall I arrange a minibus? :P

Absolutely buzzing about this, then the next Madchester is on boxing day.

Carl Weathers

The Fac 51 dj's were at the Arches last month when I went to see Danny Howells and Sasha. I didn't really see much of them but that event could be a great laugh.

Anyone going to see Dubfire on saturday btw?

You know you're getting old when half of you thinks you recieved an e-mail about this and you forgot to ask your mates if they're up for it, and the other half thinks you dreamt that and this is the first you've heard of it.

Going to try and round up some troops anyway.

You know you're getting old when half of you thinks you recieved an e-mail about this and you forgot to ask your mates if they're up for it, and the other half thinks you dreamt that and this is the first you've heard of it.

Going to try and round up some troops anyway.

It was on the Gigsinscotland or ticketmaster weekly newsletter email thingmy last week or two weeks ago.

I'll have to see how cash is come this time next month but keep me updated. A wee overnighter through there is always a good thing.

The Fac 51 dj's were at the Arches last month when I went to see Danny Howells and Sasha. I didn't really see much of them but that event could be a great laugh.

Anyone going to see Dubfire on saturday btw?

Possibly.

22 quid is a bit of a joke though.

Carl Weathers
Possibly.

22 quid is a bit of a joke though.

Yeah, it's brutal.

Have you been to the OT for an event before?

Yeah, it's brutal.

Have you been to the OT for an event before?

Yep seen Pete Tong there and Steve Angello.

Pete Tong was pretty gash but Steve Angello was good, there will be plenty neds and a few fights so beware!

Went one New Year but the last thing I can remember is going to the cash machine and that is it to be honest.

Dubfire will be class though.

Carl Weathers
Yep seen Pete Tong there and Steve Angello.

Pete Tong was pretty gash but Steve Angello was good, there will be plenty neds and a few fights so beware!

Went one New Year but the last thing I can remember is going to the cash machine and that is it to be honest.

Dubfire will be class though.

Thought it could be a nedfest. Tbh I've been to hunners of clubnights and never been bothered by neds once. They've always been my best mate. Must be the water they drink...

Dubfire would be good. Hope he plays this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x-l6EgwgdA

How busy were the other nights?

ps:

apologies for hijacking the thread. :eek:

Thought it could be a nedfest. Tbh I've been to hunners of clubnights and never been bothered by neds once. They've always been my best mate. Must be the water they drink...

Dubfire would be good. Hope he plays this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x-l6EgwgdA

How busy were the other nights?

ps:

apologies for hijacking the thread. :eek:

Always been pretty full mate, I know folk who are promoting and playing this one and tickets are selling well so should be full.

I think it's a pretty good venue myself.

I have to say that night sounds superb.

Thing is though, all of the guys that would have been up for that fifteen years ago have wives and kids now (me included) which means that instead of instantly phoning round the boys, I will ignore it and tell them next time I see them that "there was a night that we would have loved to go to" to give us all the chance to say "I would have went to that" without the fear of ACTUALLY being asked and having to say no.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived