Just noticed Pompey are away in Braga tonight

loveofthegame

loveofthegame

And it reminded me of our trip there a few years ago.

Still my favourite ever away European trip, travelled for a week on Derek's bus. What a week! Stop off in San Sebastian won't ever be forgotten and the 3 days in Braga were unreal.

The place had such a perfect square for us to congregate (beautiful yet even included a Maccy D's for breakfast lunch and dinner...) and THAT fountain. The fact the weather made it like being on summer holiday topped it off, along with the 2 pint plastic glasses of uber strength ''Super-Bock.''

Cracking stadium and result aswell.

Superb.

Nice wee trip down memory lane that!

Still my favourite ever away European trip, travelled for a week on Derek's bus. What a week! Stop off in San Sebastian won't ever be forgotten and the 3 days in Braga were unreal.

The place had such a perfect square for us to congregate (beautiful yet even included a Maccy D's for breakfast lunch and dinner...) and THAT fountain. The fact the weather made it like being on summer holiday topped it off, along with the 2 pint plastic glasses of uber strength ''Super-Bock.''

Superb.

Sure was a good wee jolly,and that weather was glorious:)

That was my last Euro trip as I couldn't make the ones in 2006 due to working away from home. A great trip it was too and remembering it makes me appreciate how much we miss European involvement. :)

European Jambos Mum

As you can tell I was there. What a wonderful 3 days we had. The square was a great meeting place, the stadium with rocks at one end was unusual and the result superb. Memories......:)

That was my last Euro trip as I couldn't make the ones in 2006 due to working away from home. A great trip it was too and remembering it makes me appreciate how much we miss European involvement. :)

Actually I'm talking bollox ( for a change :rolleyes: ). I was thinking of Basle. I thought EJ's Mum's avatar was a wee bit too sunny. Braga was good as well though. :peepwall:

portobellojambo1
Actually I'm talking bollox ( for a change :rolleyes: ). I was thinking of Basle. I thought EJ's Mum's avatar was a wee bit too sunny. Braga was good as well though. :peepwall:

Easy mistake to make dave, Switzerland/Portugal, both look very similar with no distinguishing landmarks. :P

Superb.

Agree with you re the bus and the overall trip. Totally amazing week.

Easy mistake to make dave, Switzerland/Portugal, both look very similar with no distinguishing landmarks. :P

Apart from Jose Goncalves of course.

I've had a hard week at work....honest. :oopsoops:

Seem to recall seeing trams in Basle though PJ1. When I say trams...I mean a tram system not just one route from one shopping centre to another shopping centre, changing on to a bus if you want to get to the airport.:rolleyes:

Was in Braga too,

Nice wee place and the locals were lovely

Weirdest stadium i'v ever been in in my life,but great result :):)

What a great trip.

I remember walking down the aisle of the plane past where Stampy had been sitting. Couldn?t see the floor for empty crisp packets and cans of coke!

..and then there was the sight of Wyness walking onto the plane holding on to an impressive collection of lads-mags for dear life!

didn't we try and sign meyong a while back?

Yeah, I remember that. We were after him after he scored 17 goals for one of the bottom teams in the Portuguese league but they were asking for ?1.6 mill so that put Vlad off. We signed Pinilla instead:rolleyes: Then again Meyong seems to have been pish since then.

lost in leith

Great trip, despite a nightmare getting there :eek: I remember the "What's the weather like in Leith" T-shirts, admiring the lasses from the TA paddling in the fountain in their tartan mini-kilts :o, big MDV's 2 goals and an introduction to Super Bock. The walk to the ground was something else - at one stage I thought we were going to have to take a short cut through some local's garden! Hard work on the way back up the hill, but worth it for the celebrations in the square that night :)

Hearts Heritage

On the day of the match we were all celebrating 'The Pieman' selling his shares to Romanov........

Archived