Birds and Bees

Seats

News article tonight saying kids in England are going to be taught the facts of life at primary school - brilliant I think, the younger the better as long as its handled properly.

Then they follow up with a comment along the lines of teaching them about "same sex relationships" WTF :eek: pc brigade get ready to pounce, but why the **** would they TEACH kids about same sex relationships? I do not want my children told by some nonce teacher that it is ok to have a relationship with someone of the same sex. What people do in their own homes is up to them, but I do not want my kids taught it in school.

Comments?

As with religion, they shouldn't be taught that it is right or wrong, they should just be taught that it happens, and it's up to the parents to bring the kids up as they choose.

jamboinglasgow

on a side point, can anyone tell me what the birds and the bees are in sex education. Never understood how they are used in such a context.

As with religion, they shouldn't be taught that it is right or wrong, they should just be taught that it happens, and it's up to the parents to bring the kids up as they choose.

Thats pretty much how I feel too.

News article tonight saying kids in England are going to be taught the facts of life at primary school - brilliant I think, the younger the better as long as its handled properly.

Then they follow up with a comment along the lines of teaching them about "same sex relationships" WTF :eek: pc brigade get ready to pounce, but why the **** would they TEACH kids about same sex relationships? I do not want my children told by some nonce teacher that it is ok to have a relationship with someone of the same sex. What people do in their own homes is up to them, but I do not want my kids taught it in school.

Comments?

Seats, they wouldn't be trying to turn them gay. But they'd be explaining that there are straight people, and gay people. Would you rather they grew up ignorant of the world around them, and end up smearing or bullying others with a different sexuality?

As the great modern philosopher, Phoebe Buffet, once said:

"Sometimes women like women,

Sometimes men like men.

And then there are bisexuals,

Though some just say they're kidding themselves".

QUOTE=shaun.lawson;582416]Seats, they wouldn't be trying to turn them gay. But they'd be explaining that there are straight people, and gay people. Would you rather they grew up ignorant of the world around them, and end up smearing or bullying others with a different sexuality?

As the great modern philosopher, Phoebe Buffet, once said:

"Sometimes women like women,

Sometimes men like men.

And then there are bisexuals,

Though some just say they're kidding themselves".

:boak:

Should this not be on the "Womans Own" or "Bella" forum?:)

don't you get discussions like this in your copy of mens health? ;)

Horatio Caine
on a side point, can anyone tell me what the birds and the bees are in sex education. Never understood how they are used in such a context.

In the words of the song...

"birds do it, bees do it, even eductaed fleas do it ..

let's do it, let's fall in love.."

Doesn't allow for gay birds and bees

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

My bodies no bodies body but mine.

You have your own body so let me have mine. :)

jamboinglasgow
My bodies no bodies body but mine.

You have your own body so let me have mine. :)

one of the oddest and funniest videos I have ever seen. Especially the 30 year old actress pretending to be a 10 year old girl (which seems to mean wearing a cap,) walking over to a guy sitting on stool pretending to be in a car going "hey kid look at this." She runs off screaming, runs off to another 30 something and shouts in one of the funniest voices "Miss miss, that man showed me his PEN15"

may of been 11 years ago but can still remember it.

one of the oddest and funniest videos I have ever seen. Especially the 30 year old actress pretending to be a 10 year old girl (which seems to mean wearing a cap,) walking over to a guy sitting on stool pretending to be in a car going "hey kid look at this." She runs off screaming, runs off to another 30 something and shouts in one of the funniest voices "Miss miss, that man showed me his PEN15"

may of been 11 years ago but can still remember it.

Those crazy Canadians :D

I prefer the chat up line they use in that series -

'hey kid, wanna learn to shoot like wayne gretzky?'

funnily enough its never worked in any club.

Funniest childhood video ever.

Well I hope it's moved on a bit since I was at school (not actually that long ago!). Seemed to consist of extensive biology lessons about fallopian tubes etc and culminated in a delightful video of watching someone give birth!:boak:

Can't they just say 'wear a condom and you won't get anyone pregnant'?!

We got told all about the facts of life from our teacher then shown a video of cats giving birth.

Since I was about 9 at the time it took me a couple years before I realised that my mum hadnt licked me clean at birth......

We got told all about the facts of life from our teacher then shown a video of cats giving birth.

Since I was about 9 at the time it took me a couple years before I realised that my mum hadnt licked me clean at birth......

rofl

Thats the danger with this. The intent may be good but the execution may give rise to unintended consequences.

When I was young i wonderd how a bird could sh@g a bee without getting its knob stung.

No..just you:cool:

Not exactly adding much to the discussion. :cool_shades:

Personally I think kids should get sex education early. Ignorance is a dangerous thing in this subject especially with growing rates of STDs. I'm afraid that parents can't be trusted to do the job properly in this case.

jamboinglasgow

if I said that line to someone I think I would give them the NO feeling.

Archived