Weird Hangover Symptoms

Louise

We all know the usual, but has anyone ever had anything out of the ordinary?

Not the day after, but the day after that I often get really achy muscles as if I've been carrying something heavy or been for a massive walk (both of which it's quite possible I was actually doing while bevvied :D ) and I understand this is the toxins hanging about in my muscles or something. :eek:

:cheers:

Not the day after, but the day after that I often get really achy muscles as if I've been carrying something heavy or been for a massive walk (both of which it's possibly I was actually doing while bevvied :D ) and I understand this is the toxins hanging about in my muscles or something. :eek:

Thats just the general hit by a bus feeling we all get time to time, not had it for ages but know what you mean.

Not the day after, but the day after that I often get really achy muscles as if I've been carrying something heavy or been for a massive walk (both of which it's quite possible I was actually doing while bevvied :D ) and I understand this is the toxins hanging about in my muscles or something. :eek:

Think it's the lack of sleep which does that, by preventing oxygen/energy getting to your muscles. Quite often get cramps in my legs after a particularly heavy night of clubbing!

Sheriff Fatman

The next morning I quite often wake up with the inexplicable remnant of the taste of kebab and chillie sauce in my mouth combined with a frightening lack of paper money in my wallet and one pocket of my trousers holding about ?10 in small change. The worst symptom thouh is the gradual remembering of things that happened the night before and the frantic rush to phone your friends to find out if there is anything worse you should remember.

I'm lucky and very rarely get hangovers no matter how drunk I am. But the sore muscles strike a chord as I quite often wake up during the night if I've been drinking with extreme agony in my calf muscles from the worst cramp you can imagine.

loveofthegame

The cramps a bad 1, hasn't happened in a while though.

Kidney pains the 1 i hate the most, as its the 1 i actually fear may be real damage unlike the sore head that i know will subside...

I have suffered from a lack of depth perception from time to time, I do not think it is uncommon but it is weird. It sounds weird (probably because it is) but it is exactly as described. When passing an item, you either barely get anywhere near it's destination or you overshoot (easy guys!) and go too far.

The cramps a bad 1, hasn't happened in a while though.

Kidney pains the 1 i hate the most, as its the 1 i actually fear may be real damage unlike the sore head that i know will subside...

Yup the kidney cramps are a good one as well.

i hate it too, its caused by removing alot of salt and water you did have before drinking, this also causes the muscle ache/cramps with lack of oxygen. Lack of oxygen is the main reason for memory blanks i now often get.

I sometimes have a weird symptom where my eyes seem to work in slow motion even though things are happening at normal pace, but it only lasts for seconds. Almost as if my brain is taking longer to process info sent to it from my eyes :sad:

On occassions of very bad hangovers everytime I moved it felt like my brain was rattling around in my skull

edit: I've just noticed the alco mate ad at the bottom of this page

i hate it too, its caused by removing alot of salt and water you did have before drinking, this also causes the muscle ache/cramps with lack of oxygen. Lack of oxygen is the main reason for memory blanks i now often get.

I sometimes have a weird symptom where my eyes seem to work in slow motion even though things are happening at normal pace, but it only lasts for seconds. Almost as if my brain is taking longer to process info sent to it from my eyes :sad:

On occassions of very bad hangovers everytime I moved it felt like my brain was rattling around in my skull

edit: I've just noticed the alco mate ad at the bottom of this page

I used those exact words to describe how I felt earlier. It feels like your brain's not stuck in, not a pleasant experience. Like when you move your head it takes a while for your brain to catch up. Nice.

I used those exact words to describe how I felt earlier. It feels like your brain's not stuck in, not a pleasant experience. Like when you move your head it takes a while for your brain to catch up. Nice.

I've not experienced that for a long time, I remember in the days of being a student I went to my saturday job in an awful state. The worst hangover possibly I've ever had. My brain was rattling so bad it felt like it was getting travel sick and I couldn't eat a thing untill about 6pm that day......then I possibly shut it up with more beer

robin hood jambo

The worst feeling with a bad hangover is knowing you have to go to work and pretend your "fine" when you know youre still a bit ****ed and YOU will get all these symtoms during the day!

As happened to me on Monday! Not Good!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I'm a waste of space with a hangover.

Can't speak/breathe/walk/function for at least 10 hours.

Had the 'hit by a bus' feeling a few times, probably due to doing something ridiculous when bevvied.

I'll tell you when I have my first hangover :D

Never had one.

You're oviously a complete cant:vangry::rolleyes:;)

Never had one until I hit the latter part of my 20s.... boy do they get you back for all the ones you missed....

As i hit my late 20's i find each hangover is worse than the previous one, i'm usually like a bag of washing on a Sunday (Monday this week).

The worst is when you close your eyes and the darkness actually induces a feeling akin to the entire SS jackbooting about inside your head.

It's actually a wonder it doesnae put me off going out on a Saturday.

Its really bizarre but if i dont have plenty water when i get in ( I usually dont) I wake up with cramp in my right calf, never anywhere else, ****ing sore too!

Got mixed feelings about necking tons of water before going to bed, as I invariably wake up at about 7am bursting on a pish, then can't get back to sleep as I feel so ropey!

If im really hungover sometimes when i close my eyes i can see still things and people quite clearly. Its very difficult to explain but its like these images have been printed onto the inside of my eyelids. It is sort of like daydreaming but the dream seems so much sharper and in focus.

I reckon its probably caused by dehydration or some of the crazy "e numbers" in some drinks.

Anyone else get this?

Archived