BALOGH likely to start against Sheep

Midloth_Iain

Looks like Kello still has a hangover

ON-LOAN Debrecen keeper Janos Balogh is poised to make his first start for Hearts on Saturday as Marian Kello struggles to recover from the head knock he suffered in last Sunday's Edinburgh derby.

The Hungarian made an impressive first appearance for Hearts when he replaced the ailing Kello at half-time in last weekend's 1-1 draw with Hibs at Easter Road.

With this in mind, manager Csaba Laszlo would have had a tough call to make ahead of this weekend's visit of Aberdeen had Kello been fit to return, given that the Slovakian has also made a positive impression – his jittery moments in the derby apart – since arriving on loan from Kaunas in the summer.

But the Tynecastle boss revealed today that the decision is likely to be taken out of his hands as Kello has been unable to train all week and may not even be fit to take part in tomorrow's session at Riccarton. And he has no fears about handing Balogh, his 25-year-old compatriot, a home debut after he handled his Easter Road baptism with distinction.

"At the moment, Kello cannot train," said Laszlo. "I hope he can return to the training field tomorrow, but that depends on what the doctors say.

"The situation at the moment is that Balogh will stay in the goal against Aberdeen.

"He will be starting unless anything changes. I have no worries because Balogh is a very good goalkeeper."

Depending on Kello's fitness, Jamie MacDonald could win a recall to the substitutes' bench.

With Deividas Cesnauskis available for selection after a six-week absence, and most of his other injured players close to a return, Laszlo's options are increasing by the week.

However, he hinted that, apart from the likely inclusion of Balogh, he will keep changes to a minimum and remain faithful to the side that performed so well against Hibs.

"I don't want to tell too much about what I will do, but I don't want to change things too much – even if we don't make many changes to the team, we know we can change tactically with the players that start."

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Jan39s-the-man-for-Hearts.4621426.jp

No great surprise there.

I suspect Csaba's been waiting on a chance to get Balogh in. This is the perfect opportunity for him.

No great surprise there.

I suspect Csaba's been waiting on a chance to get Balogh in. This is the perfect opportunity for him.

I agree. Csaba has made no secret of the fact that Balogh was his preferred option but, because Kello had done nothing wrong, Csaba did the right thing and kept him in the team. I have a feeling Balogh will be in goal for some time to come, barring injury, suspension or a "Kurskis moment".

Chad Sexington

I'm glad to see Balogh get the nod.

I'd definitely start with the 2nd half team from Sunday.

If we play like we did against the hobos, we'll murder the sheep.

Amen to that brother.

I've developed a cynical hatred of that lot over the last 10 years or so.

That trumpet that was on here this morning spewing bollocks was typical of their travelling support - a bunch of utter flanges with ideas firmly above their stations.

if it was possible to simply carry on the last performance to the next game, we would indeed dip the sheep good and pwoper. sadly it isn't that easy. here's hoping they do carry on in the same fashion.

sod's law that balogh will have a mare and give whoever the chance to stick kello back in for the next game.

we used to pump the sheep on a regular basis, it's overdue that we do so again.

Chad Sexington
Amen to that brother.

I've developed a cynical hatred of that lot over the last 10 years or so.

That trumpet that was on here this morning spewing bollocks was typical of their travelling support - a bunch of utter flanges with ideas firmly above their stations.

Correct.

Utter fandans to a man.

If they weren't so irrelevant, I'd hate them even more.

:)

Why is there no outrage in the press about the "challenge" that Nish made on Kello?

Where is the press coverage about the Livi bus being done over by Hibs "fans"?

Very poor form as always by the redtops, but I thought an Edinburgh paper might have picked up on at least one of the above incidents??

On Saturday we welcome Scottish Football's least coolest fans to Tynecastle.

I give you.... the Aberdeen 'Ultras'!! :eek:

Buffalo Bill

I'm glad to see Balogh get the nod.

I'd definitely start with the 2nd half team from Sunday.

hopefully yes but still can't see where the goals are coming from????

tommythejambo
same team 2nd half against hibs

On up front, at home, against an Aberdeen side there for the taking. Disgraceful.

Fair enough he gets his chance. There is no reason why he should be the only one of our 4 keepers to start a game this season

To be honest apart from a decent throw and a confidence with cross balls, I didnt see Kello make any saves that justified us not at least trying Balogh

I thought the rules were that any player who had concussion was made to rest for ten days or something like that,which rules Kello out anyway?.

Fair enough he gets his chance. There is no reason why he should be the only one of our 4 keepers to start a game this season

To be honest apart from a decent throw and a confidence with cross balls, I didnt see Kello make any saves that justified us not at least trying Balogh

Not much chance of kello playing anyway considering he's taken a 'wee trip' home to lithuania

Not much chance of kello playing anyway considering he's taken a 'wee trip' home to lithuania

He's not from Lithuania you trombone.

But why should you know that I suppose?

Oh yeah - sorry - forgot you can't be 'from' one country and live in another. Before you start trumpeting, remind yourself that Kello and his family live in Lithuania and that is where he is this week - but why should YOU know that I suppose...........

Oh yeah - sorry - forgot you can't be 'from' one country and live in another. Before you start trumpeting, remind yourself that Kello and his family live in Lithuania and that is where he is this week - but why should YOU know that I suppose...........

I don't know any personal details of Hearts players lives and I have no sources.

However if you do please feel free to post more than once every 6 weeks or so.

He may indeed be away home but could be because he had a serious head knock and has no chance of playing this weekend so hes away 'home' to spend time with his family...

Just a thought.

I don't know any personal details of Hearts players lives and I have no sources.

However if you do please feel free to post more than once every 6 weeks or so.

Ok you win - Clearly you're a much better fan than me. I mean, look at all those posts you have! wow!

J.T.F.Robertson

I doubt they'll be as accommodating as hubz were, by allowing us to dominate the midfield. Different game then.

To be fair I am Scottish but my home is currently in England

If he has gone back to Lithuania it will no doubt be because he is still "owned" by Kaunas (is he??)

Archived