ruben

peebles jambo

peebles jambo

has anybody a scoobie why the guy doesn't get a run, one of the plusses (for me, at least) from last season :sad:

has anybody a scoobie why the guy doesn't get a run, one of the plusses (for me, at least) from last season :sad:

Who would you drop to play him ?

he is not good enough and hopefully will be shipped out in January.

peebles jambo
Who would you drop to play him ?

he is not good enough and hopefully will be shipped out in January.

on this seasons showings so far, i'd drop larry

doesn't offer an attacking threat and doesn't track players running past him.

i wouldn't play him either.

on this seasons showings so far, i'd drop larry

Cool you would drop the right footed attacking midfielder for a left footed central midfielder. :eek:

Think we should just go with the flow until January.

For me Kingston has been a massive let down again this season. No way is he earning his money. What i'd try is putting Karapidis beside Berra getting shot of the nightmare that is Zaliukas and a midfield l-r of Driver, Ruben, Stewart, Aguiar and a fit Chesney ahead of Kingston. I've always maintained that Larry's best position is in the middle so if he's not there i'd rather he didnt play.

For Csaba's system, Ruben just doesn't fit into it. As stated before he offers little attacking threat and doesn't do much of a job at tracking midfielders. His passing is better than Karipidis and while he appears to get stuck in it's more in the desperate Michael Stewart sense of getting stuck in.

Many won't like what they percieve to be a defender out of position but with the way Csaba wants the team to play, Karipidis is currently the best man for the job in my and Csaba's opinion.

heres a suggestion:

Ruben at left back?

just a thought. Csaba wasn't afraid to try it with Jonsson and Wallace has been inconsistent at best.

Ruben was one of the most consistant performers last season, he's yet another player the powers that be are trying to p*** off, we should be used to it by now. Zaliukas is hopeless and should be dropped, with Karipidis back where he belongs, freeing up a space in front of the back four for Palazuelos. That's too difficult for them to suss out, no doubt he'll be away in January then he'll be in the papers, saying how happy he is to get out of the madhouse like others before him. Wonder who'll be next to be treated like this once he's out the door? Place your bets now!

Didn't Csaba say he thought that Palazeulos was competition for Stewarts role, not Karapidis, and given Stewarts performances its no wonder he's not playing.

Carl Weathers

It's a long season and one injury or suspension and he'll be back in.

(Or will Csaba play Mrowiec?)

All this is strange seeing as Ruben was a Vlad signing.

;)

Ruben was one of the most consistant performers last season, he's yet another player the powers that be are trying to p*** off, we should be used to it by now. Zaliukas is hopeless and should be dropped, with Karipidis back where he belongs, freeing up a space in front of the back four for Palazuelos. That's too difficult for them to suss out, no doubt he'll be away in January then he'll be in the papers, saying how happy he is to get out of the madhouse like others before him. Wonder who'll be next to be treated like this once he's out the door? Place your bets now!

Sorry, where is the evidence to support this? Just because he isn't playing and the manager's opinion differs from yours? Remember Ruben was a clear cut Romanov signing after Vlad watched him playing once in Greece.

As stated in the post above, Laszlo doesn't see Ruben playing in the Karipidis role, the same he doesn't with Jonsson. The way Csaba sets out the team means he basically wants someone who plays in midfield but who just has to defend in front of the back four. He prefers Kari to Ruben and I don't see the big problem with this - remember Karipidis was also one of our better players on Sunday.

Cause he is mince.Get rid in Jan hopefully.

Could it be because the Manager watches him every day in training and thinks he's not very good or not as good as what we have?

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Spotted him in Sainsbury's Murrayfield/Gorgie this afternoon , looks like he is

already in the shop window and Csaba has left him on the shelf as he seems

out of season

whoops

I thought Ruben was a geart find last season, but as mentioned elsewhere Csaba sees him as an attacking midfielder/competition for MS and MS is clearly winning that battle.

FWIW I think Karipidis has had more good than bad games in his position including an excellent game against Hibs. Meanwhile, Ruben comes on with not long left at Falkirk and manages to feck about in the left back position before leaving their man free to score the winner.

Did he play the Dunfirmline friendly? I can't remember where it was but it was away from home this season and I jst remember thinking he wants more time than you'll ever get in Scottish football.

I was/am a fan of Ruben, but I think it's maybe best for both sides if he moves on in January.

On Sunday I thought the team showed a great balance all across the middle of the park and I would be loathe to change that to accomodate Ruben.

Our management want to play with the lone striker and if everyone stays fit we should persist with Sunday's midfield so they really gel together.

We all moan about rotation so why don't we try of a bit of continuity.

Jam Tarts 1874

Do you think other team's fans get so hot and bothered about good players in their squads not getting a game? I don't see any evidence that they do. It seems that fans of other clubs have the maturity to understand what a "squad" is.

a few games ago Zal was outstanding (according to most pundits including me)...now after a couple of weak games (along with most of the team)....he's hopeless!!!. Personally speaking I believe Zal is better than Karapidis at CB 'cos he doesn't get bossed as much by the Hamilton's of this world. Karapidis is doing OK in the holding role but although we could do better in that position, Palazuelos ain't the man. In fact he's the kind of player that lives in the comfort zone (20 yards either side of the mid field) ....rarely get's into the opponents or his own box. Available for a pass either side of the MF then lays it off to the nearest player. Jim Mclean criticised that type of player perfectly last season ....basically a bit of wage thief....:eek:

Don't reckon he gives the team anything that the current crop (Karipidis, Stewart, Bruno, Jonsson) don't already. Is a good squad player, but I'd rather we shipped him out, got him off the wage budget and promoted some of the kids to sit on the bench instead.

Reckon Ruben, McDonald and Makela will be offski in January.

Tynecastle Valhalla

i dont understand why people dont like ruben he is a really good player.

he should be in the holding role if we are going to continue to play that and swap kari for zal.

Ruben is a decent player, but why is this even a discussion. The team was very well balanced on Saturday. We dont see the guys in training, Csaba does. Let's trust him.

Get over players being 'out of position'. Kari is playing well at centre mid, so he is a central midfielder. Eggo is doing well at RB, so he is an RB. It's not a computer game. Players can adapt. Look at Gary Locke. Remember how good he was before the injury at right back?? Well he's a 'midfielder', so shouldn't have been playing there! Big Zali's been fine too, backpass apart on Sunday, it's hard to find a mistake and most players have had a moment like that

Anything else.... yeh, we also need to get over the 'one up front!? It's a disgwace!' which we're still seeing on here - the shape looks good and we make chances. They'll start to go in.

Whilst I generally agree with the reasons people are giving for Karipidis staying in the team and Palazaelos being left out.

Does anybody else think that our shape in the Hibs game was different to Csaba's usual?

Previously we'd being playing a clear 4-1-4-1. Against Hibs we probably did play the "dreaded" 4-5-1.

We appeared to play a flat midfield 3 with 2 wingers. Karipidis seemed less defensive than usual. In this case, Palazaelos could easily fit in, would he be the better option though?

Ruben is a decent player, but why is this even a discussion. The team was very well balanced on Saturday.

Just what I was saying earlier. I know Sunday was only a draw and we could quite easily have lost it in the blink of an eye but for good goalkeeping.

But that apart the team had really good shape and balance about it and if we persist with that then maybe we could get somewhere.

For the record I think Ruben is a good player but I'm not unhappy he's not in the team just now.

Whilst I generally agree with the reasons people are giving for Karipidis staying in the team and Palazaelos being left out.

Does anybody else think that our shape in the Hibs game was different to Csaba's usual?

Previously we'd being playing a clear 4-1-4-1. Against Hibs we probably did play the "dreaded" 4-5-1.

We appeared to play a flat midfield 3 with 2 wingers. Karipidis seemed less defensive than usual. In this case, Palazaelos could easily fit in, would he be the better option though?

Does Kari offer a bit more flexibility in there than Ruben though?

In a totally defensve midfielder role, Karipidis offers much more than Palazaelos.

In the role he was playing against Hibs, it is much more debatable. I'm not even sure myself. That being said though, Hibs midfield were just there to make up the numbers it seemed and probably made it look easier than usual.

Karipidis should stay there on merit though.

In a totally defensve midfielder role, Karipidis offers much more than Palazaelos.

In the role he was playing against Hibs, it is much more debatable. I'm not even sure myself. That being said though, Hibs midfield were just there to make up the numbers it seemed and probably made it look easier than usual.

Karipidis should stay there on merit though.

I mean in the sense that, had Hibs midfield shown up, and we were under the cosh from them, Karipidis could have dropped back to protect the back four. Seeing as Hibs midfield was missing, he was able to come flatter.

Having him in there maybe allows for 4-1-4-1, 4-5-1, 5-4-1 and 4-3-3.

I mean in the sense that, had Hibs midfield shown up, and we were under the cosh from them, Karipidis could have dropped back to protect the back four. Seeing as Hibs midfield was missing, he was able to come flatter.

Having him in there maybe allows for 4-1-4-1, 4-5-1, 5-4-1 and 4-3-3.

From what we've seen definitely and I think that's what Csaba prefers in Karipidis. He gives a stronger defensive backbone plus he is comfortable enough on the ball that he can slot in further up the field.

I still don't think Ruben should be written off though, we've hardly seen him really. He could easily be the type of player who gets stuck in, from what we have seen - he's certainly seems no slouch.

I'm quite happy with either or in midfield. It's not for this thread but there is only one midfield player right now whose inclusion worries me.

i dont understand why people dont like ruben he is a really good player.

he should be in the holding role if we are going to continue to play that and swap kari for zal.

Don't think anyone is doubting Ruben is a good player, it's just that in the Hearts set up he doesn't offer anything from a team perspective.

People are calling for him to be given the holding midfielder role - our best components of that role (albeit in good teams) Salvatori and Brellier were completely different types of players. Guys who got 'stuck in' and knew when to follow the man or the ball. Last season, Palazuelos for a 2 month period seemed to have a knack of taking the wrong option (and Falkirk game this) which led to goals being given away. In fact I'd go as far as saying MacFarlane and Berry were more effective. Maybe not as talented players, but more successful Hearts ones.

In the days of Hartson, Sutton, Thompson, Larrsson, Petrov there were games at Tynecastle where we would get hammered, the most effective 'team' player on the park was Lennon. He just seemed to have a knack of being in the right place any team we got a bit of momentum going.

Palazuelos is a typical Vlad signing. Signed (and given a significant wad) on the basis of one good game in an environment completely alien to Scottish football , and with no thought to the greater good of the Heart of Midlothian team.

Ruben is a decent player, but why is this even a discussion. The team was very well balanced on Saturday. We dont see the guys in training, Csaba does. Let's trust him.

Get over players being 'out of position'. Kari is playing well at centre mid, so he is a central midfielder. Eggo is doing well at RB, so he is an RB. It's not a computer game. Players can adapt. Look at Gary Locke. Remember how good he was before the injury at right back?? Well he's a 'midfielder', so shouldn't have been playing there! Big Zali's been fine too, backpass apart on Sunday, it's hard to find a mistake and most players have had a moment like that

Anything else.... yeh, we also need to get over the 'one up front!? It's a disgwace!' which we're still seeing on here - the shape looks good and we make chances. They'll start to go in.

:4_1_72:....Ah...you're serious:blink:

He has improved from last season, but then you have to take into account that he was an utter bombscare of gargantuan proportions last season, so the only way was up. His little moments of lack of concentration is what makes him unpickable for me. He does it too often, how many goals have been scored against us as a direct or indirect result of him letting his mind wander off to something totally un-football related when opposition Strikers are lurking around the box.

Anyway back on topic, Ruben is not as good as the players we already have in Midfield, including the ones on the bench, especially now that Aguiar is back

Archived