Cheap rail fares/tickets.

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

Looking to book train to go from Edinburgh to London beginnng of December, anyone know of somewhere offering cheap fares? also does anyone know if you have to pay for a 4 year old?

Cheers in advance.

Probably cheapest to book direct through National Express East Coast online.

Not neccessarily, I book regular tiks from Hull to Edinburgh and back, and have found that you can sometimes get cheaper buying one single through NXEC site and the other from thetrainline.

Also might be worthwhile popping into waverley in person and seeing what they can do - i've had stations beat internet prices before....

HTH

Under 5's travel free on any train, although you cant book a seat for them online, dont know if you can at a ticket office or not.

5-15 can travel for free on off peak scotrail trains.

Not neccessarily, I book regular tiks from Hull to Edinburgh and back, and have found that you can sometimes get cheaper buying one single through NXEC site and the other from thetrainline.

Also might be worthwhile popping into waverley in person and seeing what they can do - i've had stations beat internet prices before....

HTH

Fair enough. I found NXEC to be cheaper every time without fail going from Edinburgh to Leeds but that's no harm in looking up other options, I always did just in case.

Singles generally are cheaper. Just use the National Express website. And don't use the trainline to book them as they take a small percentage if you do.

Archived