Paul Hartley

Disser Pointon

Anyone else think like me that he has put a lot of beef on, looked well overweight when he came on last night?

Don't know about the beef - but he's certainly not been half the player for them that he was for us.

Anyone else think like me that he has put a lot of beef on, looked well overweight when he came on last night?

Thought that myself.

Looked a stone or 2 overweight.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I don't remember him being as slow when he was with us. He made his name as an attacking midfielder but has tried to change his game so that he'd get a game at Celtic. He looks very average at times.

Still a legend in my eyes, well he will be when he stops playing for the manks ;)

I don't remember him being as slow when he was with us. He made his name as an attacking midfielder but has tried to change his game so that he'd get a game at Celtic. He looks very average at times.

Still a legend in my eyes, well he will be when he stops playing for the manks ;)

His legs have gone, early sign was that move into the holding midfield role he is so unsuited for (can't tackle). Strachan obviously recognises that too - with Caldwell getting the nod last night.

He looked out of his depth??

Hartley looked good when he came on, made 2 or 3 great runs into their box, but was only picked out one one occasion where he nearly got a shot away from about 10 yards.

He also gave Rooney & Ronaldo some strong challenges in the space of a few minutes, when Brown & Robson had been chasing their shadows all night.

Paul Hartley is still Celtic's best midfielder in my opinion and i'd still have him back at HMFC in a heartbeat, he's a class act.

Yeah he did look overweight, but I thought he did allright when he came on..added a bit of bite to the midfield which was lacking in Brown and Robson who just weren't able to match Man Utd and resorted to petty fouls basically the whole night.

markletissier

he showed some signs of the paul hartley we know when he burst into the box after making a darting run only to be thwarted a the last by van der sar.

stirlingshirejambo

I actually thought quite a few of the Celtic players were carrying extra weight.

Boruc McDonald Hartley and McManus spring to mind either that or Celtic are saving cash buying smaller tighter fitting shirts

I actually thought quite a few of the Celtic players were carrying extra weight.

Boruc McDonald Hartley and McManus spring to mind either that or Celtic are saving cash buying smaller tighter fitting shirts

Neil Lennon is a coach there, coincidence?

Neil Lennon is a coach there, coincidence?

It'll be all those fish suppers on a Friday Lennon buys them as he talks them through Ra Sheellleeeekk way.

:peepwall:

Rudolf's Mate
He looked out of his depth??

Paul Hartley is still Celtic's best midfielder in my opinion and i'd still have him back at HMFC in a heartbeat, he's a class act.

My thoughts exactly. The games I did see him play for them he stood out by far. They are mad not to play him and I would have him back in a second!

marshallschunkychicken

You can just tell he's going to do a Fulton when he retires.

I'd still love to have him in our midfield at the moment though.

Poor wee Pauline... a fair bit put on and all to his hips!

Looked like a chubby wee girl next to Ronaldo!

May be a coincidence but I noticed Riordan put on a bit of weight in the wrong areas when not plaing at Celtic....

Hearts had Hartley during his best years and he is now clearly past his best. I'd still have him back at Hearts in a second though.

Thought it was my tv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could do with a haircut.

Hasnt been played in best position at the Celts in my opinion.

However he may well have peaked on 02/04/06 :107years:

Hearts had Hartley during his best years and he is now clearly past his best. I'd still have him back at Hearts in a second though.

As soon as he came on my son, before I could get the words out said, doesn't Paul Hartley look overweight? Noticed his face as well as his waist!

I never thought a team might have had a worse training system than us!

Gokuzo_The_Jambo

He did look quite fat for celtic the other night, but so did a few other players.

He has definately put on weight, but the yellow shirts didnt help at all lol.

My thoughts exactly. The games I did see him play for them he stood out by far. They are mad not to play him and I would have him back in a second!

I,d second that, Hartley was an immense player for us.

Guest juvehearts

like someone said

he is IMO still sellick's best midfielder.

What confuses me tho is, the fact that they have, Brown, Hartley, Rrobson, Mctrator & Mmaloney or Nakamura as a midfield 5. with the right traning, guidness & fitness could run & dominate even man ure on their day & they are wasting away because a lack of coaching ability at celtic because lennon aint equiped or tallented enough to provide any of them with his experiance or ability because he had none in the 1st place.

as much as i hate celtic, i felt they gave them (man u) too much respect & with what was being said before the game, it was lost before it even began.

thats not celtic like, as theyre ment to fear no-one & it showed the spl up for what it was last night.

a ****hy wee league with poor opposition.

ffs even the wee team would have had a better go than them last night.

one word sumed up their performance last night

Pathetic

I wondered the same thing. I remember a shot of McManus before a corner and it looked like his belly was hanging over his shorts :eek:

Boruc also looked big.

Probably getting stuck into the Weegie diet.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
like someone said

he is IMO still sellick's best midfielder.

What confuses me tho is, the fact that they have, Brown, Hartley, Rrobson, Mctrator & Mmaloney or Nakamura as a midfield 5. with the right traning, guidness & fitness could run & dominate even man ure on their day & they are wasting away because a lack of coaching ability at celtic because lennon aint equiped or tallented enough to provide any of them with his experiance or ability because he had none in the 1st place.

as much as i hate celtic, i felt they gave them (man u) too much respect & with what was being said before the game, it was lost before it even began.

thats not celtic like, as theyre ment to fear no-one & it showed the spl up for what it was last night.

a ****hy wee league with poor opposition.

ffs even the wee team would have had a better go than them last night.

one word sumed up their performance last night

Pathetic

That midfield could dominate Man Utds midfield?

Are you serious?!

Good players in the SPL (which means feck all in European terms)

Archived