Del Pierro's goal tonight

this_is_my_story

this_is_my_story

Anyone see it? Just watched it on ITV's highlights programme, what a screamer!

Vintage stuff, great to see.

Bomber Harris' Best Mate

not as good as Kievs goal or one of the Villareal, third goal i think, volley in the top corner.

this_is_my_story
not as good as Kievs goal or one of the Villareal, third goal i think, volley in the top corner.

Away ye go, man! :P

Still to see the Villareal highlights though, on soon. :)

Anyone see it? Just watched it on ITV's highlights programme, what a screamer!

Vintage stuff, great to see.

Yeah it was a great goal. Glad to see him and Juve back in the champions league.

I still cant believe they won tonight with the run they are on at the moment and the injuries they have. Forza Juve.

The Villareal goal was good aswell.

Say What Again

Agree with you mate.

Del Piero's was good (and God knows how many he's scored on the CL now!), but every CL highlights programme features at least a couple of rakers that are equally as good and better.

this_is_my_story
Agree with you mate.

Del Piero's was good (and God knows how many he's scored on the CL now!), but every CL highlights programme features at least a couple of rakers that are equally as good and better.

Take your point, but I just thought that to strike the ball from the distance he did, and for the keeper (who's positioning couldn't be faulted, he was on his six yard line) to be able to do nothing except watch it sail into the net, spoke volumes for the quality of the shot!

Would like to know how many he's scored in the CL, doesn't seem to tell you on his Wiki page - he must be right up there, though.

Take your point, but I just thought that to strike the ball from the distance he did, and for the keeper (who's positioning couldn't be faulted, he was on his six yard line) to be able to do nothing except watch it sail into the net, spoke volumes for the quality of the shot!

Would like to know how many he's scored in the CL, doesn't seem to tell you on his Wiki page - he must be right up there, though.

He has scored 37 goals in 81 games since the 92/93 season. He is 6 on the all time goalscore list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Cup_and_Champions_League_records_and_statistics

Say What Again

It was a great strike mate - I'm not trying to deny that.

That CL games seem to produce them all the time.

The fact that Del Piero is the 6th highest scorer in the competition says it all. He's probably scored more peaches than most. :)

this_is_my_story
He has scored 37 goals in 81 games since the 92/93 season. He is 6 on the all time goalscore list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Cup_and_Champions_League_records_and_statistics

Cheers for that, interesting link.

Being honest, I'd have correctly assumed that Ra?l was the all time top goal scorer, but van Nistelrooy's redord is amazing - only 2 goals behind Ra?l, yet he's played almost 40 games less than him. Phenomenal.

Archived