Celtics chairmans ignorance of the world

CJGJ

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/7681588.stm

Chairman John Reid insists Celtic will not be allowed to fall into the hands of foreign billionaires.

I must have forgotten but is Desmond not a foreign billionaire -- or does being Irish not count (wonder why) -- Celtic are a scottish club aren't they ?

And to think Reid was once part of the cabinet making decisions on our behalf.

The inclusive nature of the most bigoted institution with Scotland, you couldn't make it up:rolleyes:

Randle P McMurphy

Aye I noticed that one today. Foreign obviously means something different to that shower. I honestly don't know what they are doing in Scotland, they are forever longing to be in other countries, join other leagues, continually belittle the league they are in, leech players and money from the other Scottish clubs etc etc. I honestly wish somewhere else was mad enough to entertain them and their deluded notions.

jamboinglasgow

wasn't the man who saved celtic from going under from canada? They say they wont take any foregin billionares but if the man city sheiks came to them the would bite their hand off in a second.

Chairman John Reid insists Celtic will not be allowed to fall into the hands of foreign billionaires.

I must have forgotten but is Desmond not a foreign billionaire -- or does being Irish not count (wonder why) -- Celtic are a scottish club aren't they ?

John Reid like the other left wing Celtic supporting politician George Galloway believes that there is only a sectarian problem in the West of Glasgow.

Hate them all!

Geoff Kilpatrick
wasn't the man who saved celtic from going under from canada? They say they wont take any foregin billionares but if the man city sheiks came to them the would bite their hand off in a second.

Ah, but he was "Oirish" so that was ok. :rolleyes:

Geoff Kilpatrick
Wasn't wee Fergus Scottish and had moved to Canada?

:confused:

I'm talking about the way the jungle jims perceived him. They're "Oirish" as well, remember.

He's actually been getting on my thruppennies for some time, some of the garbage he's been spouting about the famine song and other offensive chants, I hate the way they portray themselves as innocent victims.

Irish Taliban.

(I'm in no way excusing the loyalist brigade, they could all disappear down a hole never to be seen again as far as I'm concerned.)

All Reid is doing is placating any possible criticism from fans or media about the lack of cash at Parkhead knowing that the Plastics are about to be played off the park at OT tonite (which they obviously were). Quite a clever move on his part.

Going off at a tangent : when the Man U fans taunted TBFITW with 'you're not singing anymore' and the Plastics started singing the old Irish national anthem , was it my imagination or did ITV cut the sound from TBFITW ?

What a ridiculous statment to come out with.

At the end of the day as all Celtic fans know - or should as they have been asked to contribute to countless share issues - Celtic are a PLC so if Johnny Foreigner wants to invest in them and buy enough shares then there is feck all John Reid or anyone else can do about it.

Its typical of the BBC's journalism of late that they have listed Sunderland as one of the clubs being run by foreign owners even although Celtic and Sunderland are owned by people from the same country. :(

He has obviously forgot it was a foreigner that saved them from going out of business.

He has obviously forgot it was a foreigner that saved them from going out of business.

It's all so typical of the parochial inbred nonsense that come out of Sellick Park. John Reid is a hypocrite of the highest order.

I really hate that vhile institution. Hypocritical, pious ambulance chasers and seem to get away with what they like because their (very, very good) PR team deflect everything onto the Govan scaffs. What makes it worse is everyone buys it too! :mad:

If anyone came up with the cash to oust Desmond they couldn't jump in bed quick enough to make him part of ra sellik faimly.

portobellojambo1

Not only is their present benefactor a foreigner, but the man who actually saved them from termination was not from these shores (or which ever shores they class as home) either.

Reid is nothing but a fecking glaikit, weegie, plastic paddy bawbag.

I think he was actually from stirling originally then moved to canada dont quote me i may be wrong....

Colonel Kurtz
Not only is their present benefactor a foreigner, but the man who actually saved them from termination was not from these shores (or which ever shores they class as home) either.

Reid is nothing but a fecking glaikit, weegie, plastic paddy bawbag.

You would probably find the man who saved Celtic that day with a loan,not too far from Gorgie

Reid is correct. They are not owned by a foreigner. They play in a foreign country while trying to get to another foreign country.

You couldn't make it up.

It's all so typical of the parochial inbred nonsense that come out of Sellick Park. John Reid is a hypocrite of the highest order.

You are right, Celtic will next say that scetarianism is not an issue for them....oh wait, they already have.

Reid is pure ****. Knows every one of celtics 'traditional' songs. And this parasite was secretary of state for northern ireland. Beggars belief.

scots civil war

have to get this one of my chest eh

that monkey reid banging on about smelltic by their very name,bonding irish and scots together under one club

hehe,shamrock as a badge,emblem etc all down those years

and playing in green and white,gold in the mix as well

aye bulldog face,pull the other one

what a complete and utter ****ing cretin !!!!!!!!!!!!

As a former card carrying communist this man has more faces than BIG BEN! He represents everything that is wrong with British politics, never mind a Commie being a Chairman!

This man is a BUFFOON of the highest order, and like most politicians have NO IDEA about the modern world!

He is just as likely to become the "Attack Dog" for David Murray, as he is to continue as celtic chairman!

As someone has had the displeasure to meet him personally, I can assure you this man has no idea, and certainly no morals!

John Reid's first words on meeting his future wife: "Nice arse!" :eek:

The thinking woman's thug.

I just wonder if he realises how idiotic and clueless he sounds, the doddery old twit. I'd guess he doesn't.

The sooner they are given access to a 'bigger platform' the better. But sadly, nobody seems to want them or their smelly neighbours.

So we're stuck having to listen to dross like this. Oh the joys.

Maybe he saw a resemblance to his face!!

Colonel Kurtz

I have met John Reid at parkhead,and he reminded of tv footage of Richard Nixon...all charm but with the eyesof a shark waiting to devour its victim.

He is also aware and welcomes veiled insults.

I was drinking dark beer and said to the waitress ,stick a bottle of guiness in there...or on second thought s better not.

Marin o Neill also was a charming and great company,he asked me how I would describe Celtics penalty that day(sutton falling after being brushed by Elvis),I replied"obligatory"

Reids comments are not random and all to do with Celtics internal politics

Maybe he was just trying to describe himself politely. Most people would remove the "nice"!

Guest S.U.S.S.

Whio cares what a war criminal (as come call him) thinks?

Dont give much of a monkeys about him nor his terrorist loving club and fans.

jack D and coke

I hate celtic, all their players, all their staff, all their supporters and everything that they are. They make me want be physically sick. Utter, utter vermin.

Archived