Monster Munch

jamboinheaven

jamboinheaven

im delighted just got a pack of old style monster munch,bigger than newer ones but not as big as old ones although maybe my mouth got bigger

I've had a couple of those recently, much better than the piddly little ones they've been doing for ages.

Pickled Onion Monster Munch are the dugs baws.

Carl Spackler

Notice that all the guff about no artificial this and that isn't on the packets any more. Basically they've put all the "bad stuff" back in and they are magic again.

im delighted just got a pack of old style monster munch,bigger than newer ones but not as big as old ones although maybe my mouth got bigger

I can remember the Monster Munch that had pink and green ones in them they were the dugs baws

When I was a kid, I used to go to the local swimming pool every week. Afterwards, my Dad let us buy one thing from the sweet machine there: and my choice was always Hunks of Roast Beef flavour Monster Munch. Then, with the bag still sealed, I'd squash it with my paws so it crumbled into little bits, and would take me longer to scoff. Mmmm... :dribble:

Commander Harris

"original" pickled onion monster munch are perhaps the greatest flavoured corn snacks on the planet.

you lot are snobs!

they are just posh space raiders!

(MM are immense though, does anyone remember spaghetti in tomato sauce or sausage and beans flavour?)

"original" pickled onion monster munch are perhaps the greatest flavoured corn snacks on the planet.

+1 :)

agreed..the new ones just seem to break too easily when you open them and they dont have the meaty crunch to them.the old school ones certianly bring some of that back..and you can almost put one on each finger again..well,finger tip!!!

does anyone remember superman and thundercat crisps?!!?now THEY were the balls!!!Pickled onion thundercat crisps(green pack with all the thundercats kneeling on the front i think)i am the only person i know that minds them!On that note,please say that someone else remembers the wee silver cola balls that you used to buy?they had some silver coating that rubbed off on your tongue! :)

I hate the new miniature monster munch.

Bring back the old, huge ones!

Pickled onion monster munch in a buttered roll is fab.

I hate the new miniature monster munch.

Bring back the old, huge ones!

Pickled onion monster munch in a buttered roll is fab.

well the relaunched old school ones are almost as good.

Say What Again
On that note,please say that someone else remembers the wee silver cola balls that you used to buy?they had some silver coating that rubbed off on your tongue! :)

No mate, I remember them.

Staying on your note of things folk don't remember. Am I the only person who remembers Farmer Giles crisps?

If I do remember correctly they came in a bag that you couldn't get any more crisps in - just like Meanies.

I'm also sure that the song on the advert for the Farmers Giles crisps, went something like:

'Farmer Giles you've got a lovely snack there'

Though sadly Google doesn't help me out.

Can anyone?

And another couple of crisps:

Burger Bites

Quarterbacks

yep remeber these 2. quarterbacks u can still get at your local newsagents..well some of them..the ones that usually sell vegetables and pennys chews along with the news.

burger bites were good though!!

why are food items that we cant get anymore always seem so much better!?!??!bet theyd be rank if we had them now!

Notice that all the guff about no artificial this and that isn't on the packets any more. Basically they've put all the "bad stuff" back in and they are magic again.

Never got why all the crisp companies did that.

It's not like anyone thinks they are even remotely healthy... and if there is some that stupid then they deserve to die from whatever crisp induced death that they fall victim to.

No mate, I remember them.

Staying on your note of things folk don't remember. Am I the only person who remembers Farmer Giles crisps?

If I do remember correctly they came in a bag that you couldn't get any more crisps in - just like Meanies.

I'm also sure that the song on the advert for the Farmers Giles crisps, went something like:

'Farmer Giles you've got a lovely snack there'

Though sadly Google doesn't help me out.

Can anyone?

Farmer Brown's.

http://www.doyouremember.co.uk/memory.php?memID=4607

Gavsy Van Gaverson
And another couple of crisps:

Burger Bites

Quarterbacks

Yip, remember both of these.

Also Oinks were pretty good, as were bikers.

Thundercat's Spicy Tomato crisps were amazing. As were/are tangy toms.

Tangy Toms still exist.

Spar just down from the Cathouse in Glasgow has them. Got 2 bags on Monday night after a gig. They're still braw.

Tangy Toms still exist.

Spar just down from the Cathouse in Glasgow has them. Got 2 bags on Monday night after a gig. They're still braw.

Roast beef monster munches get my vote.Anyone remember savoury straws.Fecking amazing

Commander Harris
Never got why all the crisp companies did that.

It's not like anyone thinks they are even remotely healthy... and if there is some that stupid then they deserve to die from whatever crisp induced death that they fall victim to.

same with Pot Noodles

I know they're not everyone's cup of tea but I think they used to be great, now they've taken out the salt and other "unhealthy" stuff and it's just not the same.

fecking health freaks ruining my snacks. :mad:

Are the new Monster Munch in red bag? Went to the newsagent at lunch and they only had the purple packet.

I didn't know they'd relaunched Monster Munch?

Have to agree though, pickled onion are probably my fav 'crisps' ever. The Roast Beef ones were no bad too.

The other 'crisps' i loved when I was wee were the 'fish & chips' ones. Wonder if you still get them?

jamboinheaven

i think the red packet may be the red hot ones ,they are doing them in pickled onion and roast beef too

Carl Spackler

Marketing site for the "new" old crisps here

http://www.findourmonsters.com/

They haven't brought back Salt and Vinegar Monster Munch yet and anyone who thinks Space Raiders are an acceptable alternative to those is a philistine!

You could offer me 10 packs of Space Raiders or Spicy Bikers and I still wouldn't swop for the Monster Munch.

Now if they'd just bring back Wham bars...

Archived