Renting a self drive mini bus

Toggie88

Hello all

I'm looking at renting a self-drive minibus for the next couple of weeks. I'm searching the web but can't find that much, so I thought I'd turn to the fountain of knowledge that is Kickback.

Muchos Gracias!

Watch out with the insurance !

Lots of firms used to have an insurance excess that was ridiculously high (?2,500 on one occasion !) to catch the unwary. Someone drives into you, and you're a fortune out of pocket, though you did nothing wrong !

They often then charge silly money to let you "buy out" the excess, with figures like ?250 to reduce the excess to a slightly more reasonable ?500. That's why so many folk find it's often actually better value to hire a minibus with driver, rather than self drive.

If self drive still suits your circumstances best, then Condor used to be reasonable, but to be honest I've not seen one of their minibuses for a while, just vans, but probably still worth a call.

i would also check that your driving licence allows you to drive a mini bus, they changed the laws a few years ago, its the same if you wish to tow a caravan as well

Used to drive the minibuses for our team at uni. Beware of corners - the number of people who almost took out the car park wall was ridiculous.

Used to drive the minibuses for our team at uni. Beware of corners - the number of people who almost took out the car park wall was ridiculous.

Let the nose out a bit further then.;)

Just did my van driving assessment at work.:P

Archived